Ghost players removal at the end of the season

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

TheGobOne
Reactions:

Re: Ghost players removal at the end of the season

Post by TheGobOne »

DRiccio21 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:02 am
TheGobOne wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 am Yes there is a setting called "Disable right to refuse minor league assignment" which we can turn on
Just to clarify this would allow players to refuse demotion?

The way that’s worded sounds like it would override players refusing demotions.

My concern is 26+ year olds playing at low levels in minors which I think would have negative unintentional consequences
So right now they can refuse a demotion. Changing that would make them unable to refuse demotion. And we already have minor league teams filled with players too old. That was voted last season and almost passed.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

TheGobOne wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 am . That was voted last season and almost passed.
So you telling me it failed?
ImageImageImage
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 am
TheGobOne wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:52 am . That was voted last season and almost passed.
So you telling me it failed?
Ironically I think it was the same vote as the injuries this year 13-14.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

The Ghost(s) of NDL
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

TheGobOne wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:22 pm There are 444 players in free agency right now under 25 and NOT 20 potential (by my scout). That is more than enough to fill the gaps in the 5-7 or so teams we have not full right now. I am confident you guys will be able to fill up your minors. Yes some of them might be fodder but that's part of the game. Also, sometimes that fodder blows up and you get yourself a big league player.

- We have no minor league age limits. No player ever needs to play out of their level because there is nothing forcing them to.

- If you guys feel the # of players per level is too low we can definitely adjust that too but in my experience players need to play to develop. It's why I run 25 man minor league teams (except for R).

- You can always see a team's minor leagues sorted by potential under the Players --> Minor Leagues tab.

Sure, there are tons of players that I can sign to a Minor league contract, just to fill my rosters, but they are guys I could give a shit less about and will never do anything with. You are filling the rosters just to fill them.

I am going to go out and sign a bunch of bums that I couldn't care less about just because I have to fill my rosters. It just doesn't make sense to me.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

In my experience, a lot of these bums, if managed properly can turn into a big league player.....normally but for us with low injuries they will probably be AAA dudes.

Also, the effect of good personality traits on your minors is not insignificant. They serve a purpose more than just filling a seat.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

A 35 rated or under dude will most likely never touch 90% of the teams in this leagues ML roster.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”