MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
nick
Reactions:

Re: MMA / UFC - Official Thread

Post by nick »

herb dean is full retard tonight
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Luke Rockhold is a fucking savage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

LOL
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

lmao McGregor is such a piece of shit
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

wow. disappointing.

thx for the link tho Nick, it was solid.
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Wow! Thought it would last much longer
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

mcgregor has hands of concrete. he took aldos soul as well. what 2 fights. time to hit the gym at 1am lol
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Eager to hear the press conference in a little while. Wondering if Aldo gets the immediate rematch like Ronda. Either way, it's going to end with another KO. Not that I think Frankie does much against him either. In fact, the only person @ 145 that I think could pose a unique challenge to him is Max Holloway. Holloway is the 1 fighter that I think could make Conor uncomfortable with his range.

I know he's mentioned going to 155. I think it's a terrible move right now. I think he needs to handle his business at 145 and take care of an Aldo rematch, Edgar, and potentially Holloway. Next weekend has an intriguing future prospect, as Myles Jury is going to drop to 145 to take on Charles Oliveira (youngster who got a bit derailed). Another wild card... and a fight that would sell, is if Joe Duffy can continue to win and can make 145 at some point down the road. If Conor tries to go to 155 anytime soon, he's going to be in for a rough time. He might be a big 145, but there are legit 170s fighting at 155 right now. There's a lot of action at the top of the division and moving up would just be more clutter. I'm sure Dana will do everything in his power to block that.

On a side note, I was close to winning that cash on Kountermove.com George. McGregor, Rockhold, Romero, Maia, Makdessi.
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Dana just said on FS1 that if Conor wants it, he can have the winner of the 155 title fight next Saturday. An immediate shot at the 155 title. I think he can take RDA, but I could see him in for a helluva fight against Cerrone. Conor and Cerrone have some legit heat as well, so I'd love to see it. I still think it's a terrible idea for Conor. Even if he could take out the current champ, a gauntlet that includes Anthony Pettis (similar size/skill), Benson Henderson and a surging Tony Ferguson is brutal. That's without mentioning the future 155 champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

nick wrote:herb dean is full retard tonight
Should have been stopped in the third. That was brutal.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I think Jose should get an immediate rematch. It would have been different if he was dominated like what Dillashaw did. It was a 1 punch KO, give him a chance to redeem himself.
ImageImageImage
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:I think Jose should get an immediate rematch. It would have been different if he was dominated like what Dillashaw did. It was a 1 punch KO, give him a chance to redeem himself.
I agree. Ronda was dominated, and she's getting a rematch. Jose just got caught.
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

What's crazy is that he landed a nasty punch while heading down. It happened so fast I thought he slipped.

I think he was way too aggressive because of Macgreggor's (sp) shit talking and it cost him (and my pocket book) big time.

I will say Aldo was a bit of a bitch getting interviewed right after that saying it wasn't a fight. You're the dumb ass that just got KO'd have some humility.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Will probably be taken down soon... from the live event tonight:

Let the Shane Carwin comparisons begin...
Spoiler!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote:Will probably be taken down soon... from the live event tonight:

Let the Shane Carwin comparisons begin...
Spoiler!
I didn't get to see this in time. What was it?

Nate Diaz looked GREAT last night! When he is on, he is hard to beat.

I'm thinking we are going to see a Dos Anjos / McGreggor fight for their next figtht. This is a UFC wet dream, 2 title holders fighting each other.
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ONE FC is trying to change the game when it comes to weight cutting

Spoiler!
23 December 2015 – Singapore: Asia’s largest sports media property, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has announced that the organization will lead the global MMA industry by banning weight-cutting by dehydration and instituting a new set of regulations and policies governing the weigh-in procedures and contracted weight limits. The new program, which is the first of its kind for combat sports, is focused on athlete safety by introducing "walking-weight" competition via multiple weigh-ins and tests before and during fight week, including 3 hours before an event begins.

Athletes will now compete at their "walking-weight", which will be determined by a robust system that will track his/her weight on a regular basis throughout the period that the athlete is contracted to ONE. Full details of the new weigh-in program can be found below.

The revolutionary weigh-in program was established after thorough discussions and recommendations by ONE Championship's medical and competition team, consisting of Chief Doctor Dr. Warren Wang, Chief Medical Advisor Dr. James Okamoto, Vice President Mr. Rich Franklin, Vice President of Operations & Competition Mr. Matt Hume, Global Athlete Services & Competition Director Mr. Richard Auty and China Athlete Services & Competition Director Mr. Vaughn Anderson.

CEO of ONE Championship™ Victor Cui stated, “ONE Championship has paved the way for MMA in Asia and we have always been at the forefront of innovation for the sport. By banning weight cutting by dehydration, we are leading the way globally for enhanced safety standards for professional MMA athletes. We believe that through the implementation of this new weigh-in program, our fighters will enjoy a safer and healthier life inside and outside of the cage. I invite the other two major global MMA organizations, Bellator and UFC, to follow in our footsteps to protect athletes and to eliminate the process of weight cutting by dehydration."

Vice President of ONE Championship™ Rich Franklin stated, "Today I'm proud to have been involved with developing the new weigh-in program for ONE athletes. As a former MMA champion, I've been through the process of weight-cutting by dehydration countless times and I know first-hand how it affects an athlete physically. I personally understand the importance of safety and competing at your very best as a professional MMA athlete and after reviewing the new regulations and policies governing the weigh-in procedures and contracted weight limits, this new program does both for our athletes."

Vice President of Operations & Competition of ONE Championship™ Matt Hume stated, "The safety of our athletes is the top priority of ONE. After bringing in top medical officials from both the USA and Asia, we believe we have put together the best possible weigh-in program in combat sports. This program will revolutionize the way weigh-ins are conducted around the world and we look forward to the positive outcome it will have on safety standards related to weight-cutting globally."

The new program will commence from January 2016 and will be applied to all athletes competing under the ONE banner.

For more updates, please visit www.onefc.com and follow Twitter and Instagram @ONEFCMMA and Facebook at www.facebook.com/ONEFCMMA.
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

THAT FIGHT!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Not even sure you put enough emotes to cover it. Unreal. (and a robbery, imo)
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:Not even sure you put enough emotes to cover it. Unreal. (and a robbery, imo)

It could've gone either way.

Lawler won 2/5, Condit won 1/4. Third round could've gone to either fighter.

EDIT: That's exactly what happened. All four judges had 1/2/4/5/ the same. Round three came down to Condit's volume vs Lawler's effectiveness.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

I think it would have looked better for Condit if he hadn't been throwing so much worthless shit. About 90% of what he missed with may as well have been meant for one of us. Like he was throwing just to throw. That said, it was an incredible fight. Both guys left it all out there and tried to finish it. That's what I pay to see. I can't remember the last time I was disappointed with Lawler's performance in that sense. I don't know how many he has left in him, but he has been incredibly fun to watch the last few years. Also, I wish we had seen this Condit in the Diaz fight. I really wish we could get Lawler/Diaz one more time.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730

Return to “Off Topic Forum”