Ryder Cup 2 Signups

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Ryder Cup 2 Signups

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote:He's not talking about pushing the stick towards the hole. He's talking about pulling it towards you. You'll be able to see how far above/below your feet the ball is (which helps you see if it's going left to right, or right to left), the slope angle, etc
Well damn, I was thinking you guys were talking about pushing the entire time, and that never helps me. :lol:
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

shel311 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:He's not talking about pushing the stick towards the hole. He's talking about pulling it towards you. You'll be able to see how far above/below your feet the ball is (which helps you see if it's going left to right, or right to left), the slope angle, etc
Well damn, I was thinking you guys were talking about pushing the entire time, and that never helps me. :lol:
Same motion you use to check the lie of the ball in the rough, fairway, or sand. With anything but the putter it tells you whether the ball is above or below your feet and whether the lie is uphill or downhill (all these effect ball flight). With the putter, you just get a view as if you're looking behind the ball and toward the hole. You can see the slant of the green and the break (though, the longer the putt the less you can read/see).
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Well shit. Learned how to putt, throw me in the "good either way"] category
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Baker wrote:i love the current settings..couldn't be more fun and its because it is harder, haven't seen any -18, -17, etc scores on these settings..if you play well you have earned it.

I'll make this easy...if we go back to beads, I quit. :lol:

I see Georges point. Me personally, I love the settings. I've had a couple of moments thinking I'm gonna be +3 or +4 at the end of this if I don't get my shit together. I like the settings, but understand George's point too.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

buckeye76 wrote:
Baker wrote:i love the current settings..couldn't be more fun and its because it is harder, haven't seen any -18, -17, etc scores on these settings..if you play well you have earned it.

Me personally, I love the settings. I've had a couple of moments thinking I'm gonna be +3 or +4 at the end of this if I don't get my shit together.
That's what makes me like the game even more now. The 10 - 15 ft putts aren't gimmes. Hell, the 4 - 6 ft putts aren't anymore. You have to work to score.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

OracleHCR wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:

Me personally, I love the settings. I've had a couple of moments thinking I'm gonna be +3 or +4 at the end of this if I don't get my shit together.
That's what makes me like the game even more now. The 10 - 15 ft putts aren't gimmes. Hell, the 4 - 6 ft putts aren't anymore. You have to work to score.

Exactly. I used to just line up and putt. Now I spend time looking, and it feels even better when you hit a 25 footer (like I did in the daily tonight) and just BARELY miss a 40 footer as it lips the hole (again tonight) and shoot -11.

Look before you start playing at what the settings are in regards to slow/medium/fast; look at where the ball is on the putt (if it's below your feet and you're RH, your putt is going left to right at the start; vice versa if it's above), look at how much slope there is (steeper the slope, the faster the break), go to behind the hole and look at the break there as well, click the left stick to change the zoom amount.

I three-putted only once in this daily, and that's because I overhit on a downhill putt and left myself a putt from 7 feet that was over a foot uphill and missed it.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I just drained a 64 ft putt on number 4 at Augusta so these settings aren't too outlandishly hard.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Okay, we need one more guy. Dave, didn't see you respond, do you want to be our 14th?

Also waiting on where Jake, AUTiger (Alabama?) and wwf (help us out Baker) are from. Do we want to split things east/west or north/south of have a draft? Either way, we will need captains again to set the pairings. Jsence volunteered for one, after we figure out how the teams will be split, we can figure out the other. With 14 guys, 1 person will need to sit for both teams for sessions 1-4.
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

wifi08 is from oxford, OH
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Jake is from Louisiana
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Okay, Dave is out so we have 6 vs. 7.

How about the Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana guys (6) vs. the rest of country (7)?

Teams would be Weasel, Baker, wwf, Peay, Jsence and Buckeye, Jsence Captain

vs.

Me, krg, Dak, AU, Jake, Oracle and Nasty, Captain TBA

Good? Not good? Ideas?

FYI, we will be playing as many Euro courses that we have with the new league settings.
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Looks good to me!
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Ok, here goes.

Since we have less people in this one, we will only have 18 total matches. Three matches for each of Session 1-4 and then 6 for Session 5 for a total of 18. 9.5 points are necessary to win the Ryder Cup. Since nobody else said anything, I will captain our team.

Team Downing has to have 1 person sit out each of the sessions. We have 7 people and 5 sessions so 2 people will play every session. I will sit out session 1 and then I will choose who sits out the other sessions once we get there. My choice will be based on if you won your previous match or not and obviously nobody will sit out more than once.

We will use the following courses (in order):
Valhalla
East Lake
Royal Birkdale
Royal Troon
St. Andrews

We will use Season 3 settings and the same Ryder Cup format as the first one.

Jsence, I've sent you a PM with my session 1 teams and you can match up your teams against it and PM them back to me then I'll post them. For session 2, you will send me your teams first and we will keeping alternating. The Session 5 singles will be a blind draw.

Return to “Golf”