In the TV market

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
xLiQx
Reactions:

In the TV market

Post by xLiQx »

Hey guys, looking for a deal on a 32" or higher tv for the daugthers room. Looking for a Smart TV if possible, or I could get a great deal on a regular and get the Smart DVD player. I can find ones around 150, but there are some smart shoppers and techy guys in here! Thanks!
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: In the TV market

Post by Cnasty »

Just got the new TCL Roku TV for the back patio and very impressed.

High ratings, 4K, and a very snappy interface.
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

for the kids you cant ever go wrong with a vizio.. had my kids 32 in for over 3 years and for the price they are perfect.

the newer versions are smart tvs
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

More TV talk:

Trying to compare and contrast the Vizio M70 and P65 from this year. CostCo has them both at a $100 difference (more for the P model).

Anyone with experience with either of these? I'm upgrading from a 55" Sony that is about 7 years old. While the lure of the 70" being a little bigger is there, the tech specs on the P65 seem better than the M70, which is evident in all the reviews I've read as well.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BestBuy is where I got my 75" tv. Saved $1700 bucks by buying one that was a store model. You could possibly get a great TV for a fraction of the cost going that route as well. Find what you are looking for and look at comparable TVs and see what your local store has to offer
ImageImageImage
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

dakshdar wrote:More TV talk:

Trying to compare and contrast the Vizio M70 and P65 from this year. CostCo has them both at a $100 difference (more for the P model).

Anyone with experience with either of these? I'm upgrading from a 55" Sony that is about 7 years old. While the lure of the 70" being a little bigger is there, the tech specs on the P65 seem better than the M70, which is evident in all the reviews I've read as well.

The P Model is the better of the 2.
I bought a P series 50" 3 years ago and the specs were better than the M or D series.
It is their highest line.

Here is a comparison of the P vs M vs E vs D series TVs.
https://www.vizio.com/tv-comparison

When I bought mine, the P series had better backlighting, more dimming zones, better motion handling, higher refresh rate, higher contrast ratio, etc.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The P is still all those things you said: 120 Hz refresh (240 Hz motion flow) vs 60 Hz refresh (120 Hz motion flow) on the D, 128 dimming zones vs 32 on the D, etc.

I'm 99% going with the P and giving up the 5" of the M70 (even at $100 more I feel like it is the technically better choice and the jump from 55" to 65" will be big enough for a good long time).

I'm also 99% likely getting a Yamaha receiver from Costco since I have to upgrade to have 4K/HDR pass through to the new TV.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Cnasty wrote:Just got the new TCL Roku TV for the back patio and very impressed.

Telling you, don’t sleep on this TV!

Amazing price, fantastic picture quality, high ratings everywhere you look.

If my big dog Samsung 4K ever dies in the living room, I’d buy another to replace.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Cnasty wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Just got the new TCL Roku TV for the back patio and very impressed.

Telling you, don’t sleep on this TV!

Amazing price, fantastic picture quality, high ratings everywhere you look.

If my big dog Samsung 4K ever dies in the living room, I’d buy another to replace.
I know their really high ratings are on the 55" Performance series model - though I think the Vizio still rates higher for a slightly higher cost.

They don't go to 65" in that series - only in their C and S models, which rate a fair bit lower than the Performance series. So TCL was eliminated from my search since I was purchasing 65" minimum.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yea they haven’t released the 65 yet

Happy hunting!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Pulled the trigger Friday - The Vizio P65 and a Yamaha receiver to run all my inputs through (all purchased at CostCo). Set-up and running that night - HDR on the PS4 with games like Horizon Zero Dawn and GT Sport - wow.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Upgraded to the PS4 Pro last week. Having HDMI cable issues - only getting intermittent 4K+HDR on the TV. Third cable on order from Monoprice due to arrive end of week. Definitely a cable length problem - I have to use a 25' HDMI. It was working fine with a 10' but my wife didn't like the receiver being in the middle of the living room. First time I've run into cables actually being a home theater challenge.

Games in 4K and watching 4K/UHD content from Netflix, Amazon, or Vudu - shocking that 1080p seems bad resolution at this point.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

For sure. HDR changed my life.
Over the Christmas break I watched Stranger things, Punisher, and even going back to watch Daredevil and Iron Fist again.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

HDR is freakin fantastic.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”