Charleston, SC

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Charleston, SC

Post by DRiccio21 »

here with the wifey for a quick weekend getaway.

food -- 9/10. i'm a foodie. i don't give high grades lightly, the restaurants here are really good. they have a few award winning chefs, a big emphasis on local farm to table and great fresh fish/shell fish.

things to do -- 5/10. we went kayaking, saw some of the nice homes, beach, some art galleries, shopping. the restaurants are probably the biggest draw that i'd be talking about when i leave. the water isn't as big of a draw to us as it probably would be to people who don't see it as much.

culture -- 3/10. the antebellum homes are nice, Fort Sumter, cool architecture but compared to other spots its lacking in that area or i've missed it.

bars/entertainment -- 5/10 tons of bars and restaurants with bars. some nice rooftop spots. had a tough time finding live music. College of Charleston is right in the downtown area so most of it college type bars with music/dance. lots of college chicks running around which is nice, quality of the chicks is hit or miss. lots of local golf if you can get a round or 2 in also.

area -- 8/10 its a really nice/quaint city. its clean, its got water, its got walking/biking ability. the homes are great looking.

overall its got a similar feel to like a Newport, RI if anyone has been there. i see why its become one of those popular small cities (like a Portland, Austin, etc) but its not quite at either of those levels. worth a weekend getaway.
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: Charleston, SC

Post by Weasel »

You just sent to Charleston on a whim?
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Did you go to the Isle of Palms? I was only there once, but there were a few good bar selections there.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Whittness10 wrote:Did you go to the Isle of Palms? I was only there once, but there were a few good bar selections there.
no we're downtown.

we went to Mt Pleasant and Sullivan Island and Folley Beach area and spent the rest of the time downtown.

and yeah weas, pretty much
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Who doesn't bring a laptop on vacation?

Geez Louise!
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

Fun Fact: On a brisk Saturday morning in Charleston, in 1973, an infant Nolie was born.

You shoulda went by the hospital. Prolly a museum or something there to mark the occasion
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

I did the 10 Levels of Hell challenge at Bushido Sushi House. It was fantastic!

I agree with Dave, the atmosphere in Charleston is fantastic. A good getaway spot for sure.

Return to “Travel”