PS3 Hard Drive Question

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Downing11
Reactions:

PS3 Hard Drive Question

Post by Downing11 »

In preparation for getting my launch day PS4 next month, I'm going to sell my PS3. I have a bunch of downloaded games on it as well as a ton of rock band songs from back in the rock band song share days. Does anyone know if you can see what songs are loaded onto the HD without loading the actual game? I have since sold my rock band game and gear but wanted to be able to accurately describe what is on my HD when trying to sell it.

I assume that my PSN ID is going to carry over to my PS4, so would that mean I have to delete it from my PS3 or I'll lose it. I'm thinking I could just change the password on it prior to selling it so the new owner won't be able to access it. If I delete it completely, I think access to anything downloaded on that ID will go away.

Thoughts?
LytezOut
Reactions:

Re: PS3 Hard Drive Question

Post by LytezOut »

Downing11 wrote:In preparation for getting my launch day PS4 next month, I'm going to sell my PS3. I have a bunch of downloaded games on it as well as a ton of rock band songs from back in the rock band song share days. Does anyone know if you can see what songs are loaded onto the HD without loading the actual game? I have since sold my rock band game and gear but wanted to be able to accurately describe what is on my HD when trying to sell it.

I assume that my PSN ID is going to carry over to my PS4, so would that mean I have to delete it from my PS3 or I'll lose it. I'm thinking I could just change the password on it prior to selling it so the new owner won't be able to access it. If I delete it completely, I think access to anything downloaded on that ID will go away.

Thoughts?
I would say wait til you get ps4 to see what you can carry over, then delete everything. Let new owner load hard drive themselves
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

we still don't know how many activations the ps4 will have. with gameshared games, leave them, leave the profiles, if you are selling it with the intention of those games are included, you need to tell him to not delete the profiles.

i would deactivate your main account and delete the games/content associated with it.
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

Uuaww wrote:we still don't know how many activations the ps4 will have. with gameshared games, leave them, leave the profiles, if you are selling it with the intention of those games are included, you need to tell him to not delete the profiles.

i would deactivate your main account and delete the games/content associated with it.
Will we be able to transfer some of our game shares to the PS4 versions? Like 2k, Madden, Fifa, etc.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:we still don't know how many activations the ps4 will have. with gameshared games, leave them, leave the profiles, if you are selling it with the intention of those games are included, you need to tell him to not delete the profiles.

Do you think there's any chance we'll know before it ships? Best guess?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Thats 2 questions in a row.

Ted is about to freak the F out.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Thats 2 questions in a row.

Good thing I got you and Weasel to walk me through any XBMC questions, whew!!! I crossed the line here.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:

Do you think there's any chance we'll know before it ships? Best guess?
potentially? taco bell is having that contest and other gameshare people may find some way or another to get one... Still i wouldn't say 100% sure until release day. But we will know on release day for sure.

LytezOut wrote:Will we be able to transfer some of our game shares to the PS4 versions? Like 2k, Madden, Fifa, etc.
I know some games (COD?) says that if you buy the ps3 version (digital included) that it would transfer to ps4 version for $15? fee. Now again, how it does that we don't know so we don't know how those gameshares will transfer.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Cnasty wrote:Thats 2 questions in a row.

i don't freak out from answering questions, I freak out from answering the same questions over and over. I can run people through once, its the 2nd time I get annoyed lol
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I know others have asked about the PS4 gamesharing thing so I was expecting a great Friday meltdown from Ted.

What a letdown.

Moving back to the states soon has softened him up.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:I know others have asked about the PS4 gamesharing thing so I was expecting a great Friday meltdown from Ted.

What a letdown.

Moving back to the states soon has softened him up.
I swear I threw in "best guess" in hopes that that would soften it up a bit :lol:

Return to “Playstation”