Movie Making help

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Movie Making help

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

Hi all, hope everything is well.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have the functionality of Final Cut Pro without paying for it to take some concert videos off my phone and make them into a DVD. Currently they're horizontal, which is not preferred and I'm flipping each over, but I've noticed from doing that (and not editing audio or fading in or out or even using captions) that the audio and video seem spliced on my PC.

So I have a couple of questions for any experts:
1) Is Windows Movie Maker really this awful and I shouldn't bother with even simple things like this?
2) Is iMovie aka the standard movie editor on my Mac laptop capable of doing this job?
3) If 1 & 2 are no's, is there a program you'd recommend (preferably free) that could do these simple tasks for me?
4) If 1-3 are no, does anyone know a trick to getting Final Cut at a reduced price without having to rip the program from the internet?

I would like to make this happen and I don't think it should be too difficult, but it's not proving to be that way. Alternative suggestions like youtube could be possible too, I just don't know how to make them a movie file with only one string

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Return to “Off Topic Forum”