The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W2)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W2)

Post by UnTouchable8 »

The UnTouchable Report
Season 27 - Week 2
A rundown of the week's hottest games.

ImageImage
Image #3 Virginia Tech Hokies 0-0 (0-0 ACC) VTrunNgun
Image #2 Florida Gators 0-0 (0-0 SEC) Daw1git
Is this the year Daw1git finally makes it to the national championship game with Florida? Will VTrunNgun reach an unprecedented 6th national championship game (and 4th in a row)? Will this game be a preview of this season's national title game? This is about as big a game you could have this early in the season.
WHAT TO WATCH Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas returns for his senior season and has a slew of speedy receivers to target. Keep an eye on slot receiver Joshua Stanford. He's only a sophomore but is the fastest wideout on the team and was shown to be dangerous on deep posts during spring training. Florida will also be a pass-heavy team with Jeff Driskel leading the Gator air attack. Driskel has put up insane passing yards over the past few seasons with Daw1git as coach and don't expect this one to be any different. The jury is still out on the Gator run game with a handful of unproven underclassmen crowding the backfield.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION The key for the Hokies will be to shut down Florida's passing game. They've got one of the best corners in the ACC, if not the league, in Kyle Fuller so I think it could be a tough day for the Gators. Virginia Tech steals this game on the road on a closing-minute touchdown.
42 Image | Image 38

ImageImage
Image #8 South Carolina Gamecocks 0-0 (0-0 SEC) Steamrollr22
Image #11 Georgia Bulldogs 0-0 (0-0 SEC) ChampDizzle
Champ returns to his Dawgs as he hosts his former team of 5 seasons. Steam led the Gamecocks to a 10-win season last year, but fell short to Florida State in the Chick-fil-a Bowl. These are the types of early-season conference games teams don't look forward to as they're still working out all the kinks. Nonetheless, the outcome of this game will go a long way in deciding who wins the SEC East.
WHAT TO WATCH Bye bye Marcus Lattimore. Hello Brandon Wilds. Brandon Wilds? Gamecock fans might remember him during his true freshman year. He redshirted last year behind an ankle sprain (and Lattimore, of course) but returns to prove he should be the lead ball carrier. He's quick, but hasn't shown he can shake defenders like his predecessor. With Connor Shaw losing Ace Sanders as a target, it'll be interesting to see how Steam balances his offensive gameplan. On the flip side, Champ will have no problem throwing it all day, every day with future NFLer Aaron Murray. Murray's a fierce pocket passer that knows how to pick his targets. Don't expect him to leave the pocket much unless under extreme duress. Look out for those draw plays to HB Todd Gurley who is lightening fast up the middle. I would not be surprised to see the Bulldogs come out often in a two-back set with sophomore HB Keith Marshall getting some looks in the flat.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION Why did the Roadrunner always beat the Coyote? Yes, the Coyote was dumb as shit, but the answer is SPEED. Which Georgia has way too much of. Between Murray's tempo and the heels of his backs and receivers, the Bulldogs will be just too much for the Gamecocks to handle.
17 Image | Image 34

***UPSET ALERT***
Image North Carolina Tar Heels 0-0 (0-0 ACC) OracleHCR
Image #9 Arkansas Razorbacks 0-0 (0-0 SEC) Twistanutz22
Twista had a hell of a season with Arkansas last year in only his second season in the NDL but lost QB Tyler Wilson to graduation. Oracle just capped off his 5-season tenure at North Carolina with only his third-ever 10-win season. With senior QB Bryn Renner under center, can the Tar Heels make some noise to start the season?

MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE WEEK
-Category created specifically for Corey-
Image Eastern Michigan Eagles 0-0 (0-0 MAC) Cnasty
Image South Florida Bulls 0-0 (0-0 AAC) nole4real
Corey re-graces us with his coaching presence while Nolie tries to win his way to a top draft pick. Neither will make much noise this season but a barn-burner of this magnitude could not go unnoticed. Mid-major game of the week? This has the potential to be game of the year! ...not
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: The UnTouchable Report (S27 - W2)

Post by buckeye76 »

Corey beats Nole....

Blimp Cam FTW!!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

buckeye76 wrote:Corey beats Nole....

Blimp Cam FTW!!!!
See that Nole, SEE THAT!??!!? :D

Great read again and happy to be back.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Those are some big time games, even VT v FLA looks good!

Honestly though, these writeups kick ass
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Both were great reads. I'm looking to knock off Oregon in week 2 for 2nd year. Rebels have nightmare scheduke weeks 2-6
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Both were great reads. I'm looking to knock off Oregon in week 2 for 2nd year. Rebels have nightmare scheduke weeks 2-6
Week 1 too :lol: , maybe :)
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

very sweet read and prediction. I will have to play a flawless game to beat steam and Clowney.
Twistanutz22
Reactions:

Post by Twistanutz22 »

SEC! SEC! SEC!

:D
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

fsupenguin wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Both were great reads. I'm looking to knock off Oregon in week 2 for 2nd year. Rebels have nightmare scheduke weeks 2-6
Week 1 too :lol: , maybe :)
I'm not sayingg it isng gonna be, but Vandy doesn't stack up to the teams in those weeks.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Weasel wrote:Honestly though, these writeups kick ass
I could not agree more.
Very good read.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

VT is sooo solid, but I like Daw1git to git em!
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

UclaMac wrote:VT is sooo solid, but I like Daw1git to git em!

I play them both, so doesn't matter to me haha, either way it will come down the 4th quarter, probably the last drive as well.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)

Return to “NDL:ESPN”