Early Release 14 - First Impressions?

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Early Release 14 - First Impressions?

Post by texasfan4444 »

Is there a thread out there for this? I dont think ive seen one.

If not......3..2...1...Go.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: Early Release 14 - First Impressions?

Post by Uuaww »

BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Pretty much the same as last year with an even easier option game.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

BIGmike wrote:Pretty much the same as last year with an even easier option game.

I played a lobby game, Oregon vs Georgia.

I scored in two plays with Oregon, a read option and then a handoff. Both went for over 30 yards before I was even touched.

Other guy went 4-and-out and quit.

First impression--shotgun options/runs are overpowered, and the new juking system needs nerfed.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I have heard this is the same game as last year from more than one source. Very disappointing...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

cougnix wrote:I have heard this is the same game as last year from more than one source. Very disappointing...
I've only played one game online but I don't think it is. It is easier to run. You can cut on a dime and the new option game is pretty nice. I find it harder to pass right now but it may get easier once I get acclimated to the game.
On defense diving tackles from behind actually work. Press defense works pretty well to shut down receivers and generates sacks. That is one thing you'll have to look forward to in the lobby games.
If you are playing against the cpu against a no huddle spread passing offense it is ridiculously hard to stop on defense. Houston put up over 500 yards and 47 points against me (FSU). The graphics are a little better imo.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

after playing 3 games online... my thoughts are as follows:

1) It might be time we allow strats to some degree. if not the offense might be a little too easy. when I used aggressive on the qb option and qb spy I was able to really keep the guy I was playing in check. when I didn't his read option was 30 yards every other play. same with passing stuff. playing normal he was picking me apart. playing on go for pick I was able to jump the route and make a couple really good plays on the ball

2) running is awesome. some of the cuts I made were fantastic. totally realistic but different type angles within the tackles that I have never seen in a video game.

3) I have seen a lot more drops. it might be bc UConn isn't nearly as good as last year, but just some of the routes that I run that are open are only completed 50-75% of the time cause of wide open drops whereas last year i'd complete 85-90% of the same passes. again, could be cause UConn isn't good.

4) I saw some absurd broken tackles.

5) the game is pretty similar to last years, but seems to have a few different animations when carrying the ball.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

DRiccio21 wrote:after playing 3 games online... my thoughts are as follows:

1) It might be time we allow strats to some degree. if not the offense might be a little too easy. when I used aggressive on the qb option and qb spy I was able to really keep the guy I was playing in check. when I didn't his read option was 30 yards every other play. same with passing stuff. playing normal he was picking me apart. playing on go for pick I was able to jump the route and make a couple really good plays on the ball

2) running is awesome. some of the cuts I made were fantastic. totally realistic but different type angles within the tackles that I have never seen in a video game.

3) I have seen a lot more drops. it might be bc UConn isn't nearly as good as last year, but just some of the routes that I run that are open are only completed 50-75% of the time cause of wide open drops whereas last year i'd complete 85-90% of the same passes. again, could be cause UConn isn't good.

4) I saw some absurd broken tackles.

5) the game is pretty similar to last years, but seems to have a few different animations when carrying the ball.

Nice,

#2 is spot on, and #3 I also have seen more drops.

I scrim'd 6ft last night, And was a solid game, I dont think either of us broke huge runs. He had Oregon and me Ole Miss.

New animations are very nice. I have seen some sick jukes along with some huge hits, and the way the players move now gives the game a more realistic feel to the game. But when all is done and said, It still is the same overall game as last years, But some nice improvements I think
OutRage
Reactions:

Post by OutRage »

I have played alot of lobby games. Running game is alot better, passing game is just like last year. I did get a couple of kick returns for TDs new juke moves rock. Several guys were running hurry up offense and my D was able to shut it down.
Season 24 UNLV- New Orleans Bowl Champ
Season 25 Miami- Champs Sports Bowl Champ
Season 26 SMU- Hawaii Bowl Champ
Best way to reach me is thru the Playstation network: x-_OutRage_-x
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

2 things

1. how many GB was the early release?

2. where in the blue hell is the demo on the PS Store? I looked for a week and could not find it. Am i missing out on anything by not downloading the demo / referring it to a friend?
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

screw the demo nick.

I ll be home tomorrow to download the early release....
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

nick wrote:2 things

2. where in the blue hell is the demo on the PS Store? I looked for a week and could not find it. Am i missing out on anything by not downloading the demo / referring it to a friend?
1. 6.6 gb
2. look in EA Sports for the demo. I can't remember what you get for referring a friend. Nothing notable i guess.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

OracleHCR wrote:

1. 6.6 gb
2. look in EA Sports for the demo. I can't remember what you get for referring a friend. Nothing notable i guess.

#2 - you get a free pack for UT
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

well i like UT so guess I have to dl the damn demo
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

took me a few minutes, thanks to WJ's thread I was able to find it. Off to golf.......(and sorry to Mike, I sent him a few messages cause I couldn't find it)
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Offense is a joy. Defense is a nightmare.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Hart4Heisman wrote:

You have to make an american account, its not available to download up here. just do the same thing as the game sharing, DL it to american account then play it on yours. simple enough.

and like everyone else said you get a pack of cards or some shit.
this has me worried about us sharing 2moro man. fuck. I looked it up and early release is available in canada. I might have to buy $80 in PSN cards if its US converted :(
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

12. Five new glove types

SOLD!!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

13. 40 new broadcast wipes
39. New broadcast wipes
Ok, so it's 100 reasons!

Return to “Playstation”