2024 - Season - Remember the Titans (Ready 8/24)

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick

ReignOnU
Reactions:

2024 - Season - Remember the Titans (Ready 8/24)

Post by ReignOnU »

Here is the master thread for this season. Below is the information to get your games up to date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 2 ways to get your games to the correct file.

Option A - (Updating from a Good File)
Just import the new file. Do a quick export to test it. If it doesn't work, go to Option B.
If you do not see all of the new images, view the "How to Get Images" section.

Option B - (Corrupted Original File or Fresh Install)
1.) Delete any old files. They will be located in user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 13/Saved_Games folder. They will have a .lg extension.
2.) Create a folder in the Saved_Games folder called NDL.lg
3.) Download the following folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/lgfile/NDL.tar.gz
4.) Extract the NDL.tar.gz file into the NDL.lg folder. (you may need a program such as WinZip/WinRaR to do this.)
5.) Look in the NDL.lg folder, if there is a settings folder, continue to step 6. If not, create a folder called: settings
6.) Download the GM Account Access file: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/accountsdata_gms.dat
7.) Place the accountsdata_gms.dat file into the settings folder. (Be sure this is named properly)
8.) Open OOTP, select the NDL league. Try to export via FTP.

How to Get Images - (3 types available)

JERSEYS:
1.) Delete your current jerseys folder, located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 13/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/jerseys
2.) Download the updated jerseys folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/jerseys.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the jerseys folder that you just deleted.

BALL CAPS:
1.) Delete your current ballcaps folder, located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 13/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/ballcaps
2.) Download the updated ballcaps folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/ballcaps.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the ballcaps folder that you just deleted.

ALL OTHER IMAGES:
1.) Delete your current images folder (and everything in it), located at user/documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP 13/Saved_Games folder/NDL.lg/news/html/images
2.) Download the updated images folder: http://ndlootp.com/game/Other_Data/images.zip
3.) Extract the file to the location of the images folder that you just deleted. Ensure that the folder structure is setup as /news/html/images/(all subfolders like league logos, person pictures and team logos)
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: 2024 - Season - Keep on Moving (Ready 7/1)

Post by ReignOnU »

File is up. Website is updated.

Next sim is Wed (7/3) morning. We will be advancing 1 week. This gives enough time to get the large new file downloaded and start preparing your plan of action.

Award voting will be up later tonight.

If you need to rebuild your file completely, you may use the link above to get your new tar.gz. The image files are not ready yet. I'll need to get those later today.

Quick Summary:
- 2012 CBA
- $50m annual cap
- New relocation rule (free, 5yr restriction)
- No FA blackout period

**Fair warning, the sim schedule looks rough around FA start and Rule 5, like it was in 2022, there's nothing I can do about it.

I'll have a sim schedule posted sometime Wed.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Image files are now up as well as the new GM file. For anyone doing a fresh rebuild (DRWebs), you're ready to follow that process.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Can we please not speed aimlessly through spring training games?
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

NEW REPORT: 11/07/2023

Some BIG jumps in my organization:
MR/CL Alberto Abanto (23/80) was in international find that kept his original ratings.
MR/CL Ken "Shaky" Dougherty (80/80) is a 22 yr old with plenty of room to grow in his control and slider.
SP Conrad Springer (38/76; up from a 23/69) at only 22, could be in the ML within another year.
SP Juan "Bye Bye" Perez (68/75; up from 60/70) at only 25, he will be the cornerstone veteran in the Alcoholics rotation.
MR/CL Claudio Hernandez (24/73; up from 20/30) at 25 yrs old, he looks to help solidify the Alcoholics bullpen when he fully matures.
SP John "Juggernaut" Lewis (34/68; up from 36/66 . . . had a long-term injury that dropped is overall this past season.) at 24, he looks to be another year or so in AAA before getting his chance in the ML.
MR Sean Lynn (57/64; up from 34/43). He actually dropped alot from what he was when I picked him up 2 season's ago as a rule 5 guy, but he is right back where I found him and pitched great this last season in the ML.

A few bright bats that had some jumps:
C Sixto "Sluggo" Silva (21/72) finally broke out of the 20 overall. Batted .273 in AAA last season. Hopefully he makes a big jump this upcoming season and is in the ML starting 2025.
2B Eric Johnson (58/60) his potential has increased every year (started out 20/43 when I drafted him in 2018).
LF/RF Nick Kendall (57/58; up from 25/23) at 24, this is my real breakout guy. I decided to call him up late in the year due to injuries (and the green arrow saying he was ready). When I did, he batted .273 with 10 HRs in only 198 ABs.
3B Tad Wilcox (41/56; up from 33/54) at only 23, he will get a shot at the 3B and/or 1B spot this upcoming season.
SS Stanley Frost (45/51: up from 36/48) was a rule 5 pick up this past season that did great for me. Batted .277 in his rookie season with 36 2Bs and 11 3Bs. At 25, hopefully I get more out of him.

ya . . . I know not all of these were BIG jumps, but to see the overall/potential of my pitchers go up (even if just a little) give the management in Houston (Alcoholics . . . not Habaneros). Not as many spectacular hitters in the future, but we can change that in the upcoming drafts.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

trendon wrote:Can we please not speed aimlessly through spring training games?
Spring Training in 1 sim, during a special 2-a-day Saturday bonus sim? Noted.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Where do you pick up the team option on your guys contracts? I looked everywhere and couldnt find it but got a message saying to sign them if I wanted to.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Where do you pick up the team option on your guys contracts? I looked everywhere and couldnt find it but got a message saying to sign them if I wanted to.
Via email
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

go to team option email>reply to message (bottom right corner)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

and my dumbass deleted all the emails, i just deleted my ndl.lg folder (i have 4 backups just for this very reason) and loaded an old file.
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

You all suck. thank you
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

I'm consistently looking to the teams thread to see who the hell some of these teams are and where they are #relocationproblems :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

All you have to know is the King brought his talent to South Beach.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Dear OOTP,

Your program is amazing, and I wish I had a computer that was capable of running this amazing program so I could export.

Sincerely,
Whitt

P.S. I miss you!!! :cry:
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

If I need to make a decision on someone for contacts or arbitration before Wednesday night, please help. I can get to the website but that is all.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:I'm consistently looking to the teams thread to see who the hell some of these teams are and where they are #relocationproblems :lol:
That is why I made that thread. Keep it easy to find who is who till we get used to,it.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

I forgot how much I hated doing these installs, can't get it to work I'll keep trying
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

download big file
extract big file
paste big file in saved_games folder
load game
select folder
loads game.
incorrect gm list
exit game
go into folder, settings created
download 2nd super small file
paste into created settings folder
open game and load
updated GM list
default pw: baseball
and youre good
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

I'm at a loss here, help...

DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Calling it a night, everytime its a cannot load world file error

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”