The UnTouchable Report (Weeks 5-6)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

The UnTouchable Report (Weeks 5-6)

Post by UnTouchable8 »

The UnTouchable Report

A rundown of the week's hottest games.

....................WEEK 5....................
#22 Missouri Tigers Image Image #9 South Carolina Gamecocks
Image 2-0 (0-0 SEC) Black Crowes
Image 2-0 (1-0 SEC) bigred
BACKGROUND The SEC East is currently home to 5 (count them, FIVE) ranked teams, which means that every divisional game is that much more important. We've got two 20+ season veterans here, Bigred with the Gamecocks after 4 seasons at Auburn and Black Crowes in his 5th season at Mizzou. Although this will be Crowes' first game in an arguably tougher conference. This game also pits the runner-ups of the NDL Championship game of the past two seasons (Bigred last season, Crowes in Season 23). On paper, this is looking to be one of the premier matchups of the season.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR Both teams are almost identical in scoring and scoring allowed, with Mizzou ranking one spot higher in the conference in each category. The Tigers more than double their rushing yards with passing yards in their offensive production. QB James Franklin is definitely the team's star who has a passing efficiency that doesn't seem to be matched by many others in the league. Franklin's primary targets will be Marcus Lucas and L'Damian Washington but can be forced out of the pocket with a little pressure, and not always for positive yardage. Franklin was sacked twice and forced out of the pocket an additional 4 times against Ball State for a total net loss of 27 yards. This could be a huge target for a South Carolina defense that averages 4 sacks per game. The Gamecocks will rely heavily on RB and early Heisman candidate Marcus Lattimore who's gotten the handoff nearly 30 times per game. Lattimore has already rushed for 4 times as many yards as the Tigers have allowed this season, although it is safe to say Missouri has yet to see a running back the caliber of Lattimore.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION This one is tough but the Gamecocks are playing at home and have a slightly better defense so I'm going with them.
24 Image Image 27
Arizona Wildcats Image Image #8 Oregon Ducks
Image 2-1 (0-0 PAC-12) phreakk
Image 2-0 (0-0 PAC-12) 6ftdeep
BACKGROUND It's still a long way to go in the season but with USC dropping two games already (and needing a 24-point 4th quarter comeback to win the 3rd), it's looking like the PAC-12 South is in rare form with the top spot ripe for the taking. Coach Phreakk was bold scheduling a game against defending NDL Champions Virginia Tech but the loss doesn't have to hurt too much if the Wildcats can focus on conference play. This game is actually a rematch of last season's PAC-12 Championship game in which we saw the Wildcats upset 6ftdeep's Ducks 21-13, although with a different coach.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR The Wildcats currently sit atop the conference in scoring (32 PPG) while the Ducks are first in scoring defense (7 PPG allowed). Arizona's 423 yards per game ranks 7th in the NDL and is lead mainly by QB Tyler DAmore. DAmore is hardly a proficient quarterback, completing only 53% of his passes and already throwing 7 interceptions albeit with 7 touchdowns. But when DAmore connects with his receivers, he connects big: he averages 25 yards per completion. On the flip side, the Ducks are a very run-heavy team. Look for RB Kenjon Barner to carry the load often but keep on eye on QB Bryan Bennett. Bennett can be lethal on the option read (a play the Ducks like to run often) and has the legs to gain some big yards on the ground.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION Phreakk hasn't fared well with BCS teams in his short time in the NDL. The Wildcats will lose but they'll still be in the hunt to return to the PAC-12 title game if they can learn from their mistakes.
23 Image Image 37

OTHERS TO WATCH FOR:
Image #6 LSU Tigers 1-0 (0-0 SEC) shel311
Image #21 Auburn Tigers 0-2 (0-1 SEC) vicktim7
-- Auburn has already dropped two games (to seemingly inferior opponents) and will need a huge win here if they want to remain relevant in the crowded SEC.

Image Northern Illinois Huskies 1-0 (0-0 MAC) wastingU
Image San Jose State Spartans 3-1 (0-0 WAC) IceMorbid
-- Perennial rookie team San Jose State is off to a hot start with their rookie coach. Even in their only loss, they gave Baylor a run for their money.

***UPSET ALERT***
Image Clemson Tigers 0-1 (0-0 ACC) LytezOut
Image #20 Florida State Seminoles 2-1 (0-0 ACC) chuskerpride
-- The Seminoles are on upset alert for the second week in a row after a narrow win over a fledgling USC team. The Tigers lost to a tough Navy team but definitely possess the skills to pull off the win.

....................WEEK 6....................
#12 Ohio State Buckeyes Image Image #4 Michigan State Spartans
Image 1-0 (0-0 B1G) buckeye76
Image 2-0 (0-0 B1G) Weasel
BACKGROUND After 13 seasons with the Spartans, Weasel is still looking for that big payoff after coming up short on several occasions. He lost to Arizona in the Rose Bowl last season and lost in the NDL Championship two seasons before that. Our esteemed leader Buckeye returns to his beloved Ohio State after going 31-7 during his previous stint. This early conference game will be a test for both coaches as they look ahead to a tough conference schedule.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR The Spartans are scoring well and scoring often thanks mostly to playing sub-par teams and because of gunslinger Andrew Maxwell, who's accounted for 80% of Michigan State's total offense this season. The Spartans rank 2nd in the league in scoring (37.5 PPG) and 5th in passing yards (310 YPG). Maxwell has tossed 7 TDs this season while only throwing 1 interception. The Buckeye's numbers haven't been as impressive in their lone outing against South Florida. Ohio State slipped past the Bulls 21-17 and still have a date with #6 LSU on the horizon. QB Braxton Miller completed only half his passes against the Bulls and tossed 2 picks. The Buckeyes couldn't find a run game at all as Carlos Hyde was limited to 4 yards per carry and garnered just 45 yards on the ground. Ohio State will definitely need to find their rhythm if they want a chance in this game.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION I've picked the home teams so far this block and I'm not changing with this game. I mean, come on...Buckeye barely beat AJ with South Florida. There's no way he beats Weasel.
13 Image Image 31
West Virginia Mountaineers Image Image #15 Texas Longhorns
Image 0-0 (0-0 Big 12) Talented3
Image 1-0 (0-0 Big 12) VeniVediV1ci
BACKGROUND Talented is in his 7th season at West Virginia and has won no less than 9 games in each season he's been there. He switches to a Big 12 conference full of other talented coaches and finds his first Big 12 game against VVV and the Longhorns. VVV is in his 5th season at Texas and should stop being so selfish and let other people have a chance with that team. Regardless, the Longhorns are coming off back-to-back Fiesta Bowl wins and look to go even further this season.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR The Mountaineers have yet to play a game this season but look for returning senior quarterback Geno Smith to lead the team on offense. Smith has the arm and the accuracy to invoke fear in defenses and his experience commands respect on the field, from teammates and opponents alike. The Mountaineers have dual threats in the backfield, with both senior Shawne Alston and sophomore Dustin Garrison expected to get time. Alston's got more experience but Garrison is quicker and more elusive. The Longhorns have a solid offense with accurate QB David Ash and speedster running back Malcom Brown, but it's their defense that will likely win them games more often than not this season. With Jackson Jeffcoat and Alex Okafor sandwiching the defensive line, opposing quarterbacks might think twice about holding onto the ball for an extra second.
THE UNTOUCHABLE PREDICTION I hate picking against my team but Talented comes into this game and makes a statement by upsetting the Longhorns at home.
21 Image Image 16

OTHERS TO WATCH FOR:
Image #19 Tennessee Volunteers 2-1 (0-1 SEC) Wasted Memory
Image #18 Georgia Bulldogs 0-0 (0-0 SEC) TheRealDray
-- The Volunteers lost a heartbreaker to Florida. Can they bounce back with a big win over division rival Georgia?

Image Marshall Thundering Herd 2-0 (0-0 C-USA) Tjw489
Image Maryland Terrapins 0-1 (0-0 ACC) krgkmg
-- After beating Florida State in Tallahassee 38-28, can Marshall make it two-for-two in knocking off BCS opponents this season?

***UPSET ALERT***
Image #9 South Carolina Gamecocks 2-0 (1-0 SEC) bigred
Image Kentucky Wildcats 0-1 (0-0 SEC) jsence2
-- I know, I know. I just picked South Carolina to beat Missouri so why would I put them on upset alert? Well if anybody's gonna pull a crazy win out of their ass it's jsence.
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: The UnTouchable Report (Weeks 5-6)

Post by buckeye76 »

Good stuff UT. Your spot on with me and weasel. I have never come close to beating him and how I'm playing right seems about right too. I should have played him early when he was rusty.

Now I have to get lucky and catch him after a very busy shift at the ER.
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

Love it! Some big games up there

GO BULLS
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Good stuff again, always a fun read.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

Loved it, great read as always!
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
bigred
Reactions:

Post by bigred »

Great read , haven't played crowes in awhile. Should be a fun game
OutRage
Reactions:

Post by OutRage »

Great story! Keep it up!
Season 24 UNLV- New Orleans Bowl Champ
Season 25 Miami- Champs Sports Bowl Champ
Season 26 SMU- Hawaii Bowl Champ
Best way to reach me is thru the Playstation network: x-_OutRage_-x
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Always good stuff
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

buckeye76 wrote:Good stuff UT. Your spot on with me and weasel. I have never come close to beating him and how I'm playing right seems about right too. I should have played him early when he was rusty.

Now I have to get lucky and catch him after a very busy shift at the ER.
If you saw the last game I just played, you'd know theres still plenty of rust in there :D
beercop
Reactions:

Post by beercop »

Enjoyed the write up.
ImageImage
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

Alright! No pressure this week! :lol: Good read!
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

Arizona with the upset!
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

ChampDizzle wrote:Arizona with the upset!
At first I was like :shock:

Then I saw my next block and was like :o

Arizona putting the Pac 12 on notice...
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
phreakk
Reactions:

Post by phreakk »

:twisted: Rawrrrr lol yes pac 12 is on notice.... well looks like i met my win goal... just kidding but i like the predictions pretty cool thing.. :mrgreen: .

Rocca your funny
Aim- Daphreakk3
PSN- Phreakksshow
# 4 game- 908 523 8710
vicktim7
Reactions:

Post by vicktim7 »

relevance is overrated.
QofW: Re: The Dr. Is In
Weasel wrote:
tball275 wrote: The salads I eat for lunch are all kale and spinach. It's bitter, though.
Does the smell of your own urine knock you out or what?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

vicktim7 wrote:relevance is overrated.
highly
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

"stop being so selfish" :lol: nice

tfan did a great thing to step aside when I won the title, and my offer is there for any UT alum/fan who wins the title i will resign.

...chances are I'll get fired though cuz i'm not finishing 8-1
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Ol swelly looking for weeks 7 n 8......please oblige :lol:
UnTouchable8
Reactions:

Post by UnTouchable8 »

swellvermin wrote:Ol swelly looking for weeks 7 n 8......please oblige :lol:
Been super busy with new job. The jury is out on weeks 7 and 8 but The Report looks to return for weeks 9-10.
New Rule: Stop calling disasters with a single survivor a "miracle." When 103 people die, but one lives, that's not a miracle. That's God blowing a no-hitter in the bottom of the ninth. - Bill Maher
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

UnTouchable8 wrote:
swellvermin wrote:Ol swelly looking for weeks 7 n 8......please oblige :lol:
Been super busy with new job. The jury is out on weeks 7 and 8 but The Report looks to return for weeks 9-10.
Get that $$$ :D

Return to “NDL:ESPN”