Daycare

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Daycare

Post by Cnasty »

Who sent their newborns to daycare?

Baby will be about 4 months old when they get to daycare if we go that route so are conducting interviews of places and such

Have about 6 lined up based on the recommendations of friends and co-workers with kids.

The other option is the wife staying home with the baby until elementary school but she has a great job at the hospital and she may not get it back after that long so she wants to work.

No family as they all work and can't watch.

Anything to look for in a day care besides the obvious stuff?? :lol:
doc
Reactions:

Re: Daycare

Post by doc »

Look at the baby room observers. Older the better in our experince.

How many kids/observer to a room? To many kids chances are your kid will be crying alot.

Does the observer have any medical training? What is the standard training for all the teachers if the baby room doesn't have anyone cpr trained? Here in Minnesota you would be surprised only 1 person in he building needs to be trained. Glad my kid will be waiting to find you while he is choking.

We found that the best thing is our school district has a baby room and that's where Max went. Everyone was background checked by the district and where actually had been certified. 2 teachers were retired teachers and they took real good care of all the kids. They worked on motor skills one on one. Very interesting set up. It was only 4hrs a day but me and the wife worked opposite schedules so it fit for us.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

My wife got out of the Army (Sept 1st 2001) right before my son was born. Our decision was to wait till my son got old enough to speak before sending him off to day care and the wifey getting a job.

If the day care interviews don't work out you can always go with one of these:

All you need is a hose to wash it out after a long day of shitting all over the place.

Good luck finding a day care though, i know it's taxing mentally knowing somebody else will be caring for your child.
ImageImageImage
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

wait til you see how much daycare costs :lol:

but yeah, pay the extra money to get the "best quality" as possible

nowadays i think some of them even have webcams so you check in on the little one at any time

its your kid, it should be your rules...dont get caught up (or at least be weary) with a place where they have strict visting hours and etc
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Nole4real wrote: nowadays i think some of them even have webcams so you check in on the little one at any time

its your kid, it should be your rules...dont get caught up (or at least be weary) with a place where they have strict visting hours and etc
Completely agree. The first time my boy was in day care was when I was in Korea. They had webcams so I was able to see what the heck he was up to while I was away for a year. And no day care should ever have visiting hours, you should be able to drop in whenever the hell you feel like it.
ImageImageImage
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

Nole4real wrote:wait til you see how much daycare costs :lol:
Over 8k on my taxes for last year. Thats alot of CHING !!!
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

lol, as an adult, i understand now why parents cry on their kids 1st day of school

we're thikning about what we'll be doing with all that "new" money/income :)
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Send em to my house, we'll do it for whatever price you find, minus 10%. We basically have our own daycare going anyway. :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Nole4real wrote:lol, as an adult, i understand now why parents cry on their kids 1st day of school

we're thikning about what we'll be doing with all that "new" money/income :)
until you realize you still need after school care and they charge you to death for that too :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:Send em to my house, we'll do it for whatever price you find, minus 10%. We basically have our own daycare going anyway. :lol:

if this isnt a joke, this is a great idea.

we had ours at a private home daycare untill they were 2 or 2 1/2 then on to Pre K
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
shel311 wrote:Send em to my house, we'll do it for whatever price you find, minus 10%. We basically have our own daycare going anyway. :lol:

if this isnt a joke, this is a great idea.

we had ours at a private home daycare untill they were 2 or 2 1/2 then on to Pre K
1. My wife would punch me square in the face just for suggesting it, since she'd be the one taking care of the kid
2. I don't think Corey would like the 1 hour commute to my house. :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

:lol: thanks for the offer Shel

Great points Doc, I will have to look for that.

Nole, I did some pricing and it's like 1500 a month for this one place, how is that legal? :lol:

That's why we were thinking of keeping the wife at home for at least a couple years but it will be damn near impossible to get her awesome job back.

We were looking at churches in the area that have been recommended as great spaces and a ton cheaper than Starchild and Ladybird academy...but no cameras.

I also don't want this kid to be so bored in elementary school because this Starchild place teaches kids Chinese and crap. :lol:
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

Just my 2 cents: We were right where you are 13 years ago. We decided my wife would stay home with our first kid. I'm not going to lie, its been very hard, we are dirt poor. But all three of my kids are straight A students, they are well behaved (at school at least), and I have piece of mind knowing they are safe before and after school.

She handles all the running around with the kids - Dr visits, field trips, activities before and after school, etc. I never have to take off from work for any of those things that come up with kids. I know not every one can do it, but it was/is the best decision we ever made. It has been worth the sacrifice of not having the "stuff" our friends have.

My sister went another route. Her and her husband actually have some money, so my mother quit her job, and they "hired" her to keep my niece. A family member or close friend my be a better option than daycare.

I would look at both of these options as well as daycare when considering what is best for your family. Best of luck.
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

UF, you make some great points and I actually want her to stay home but I agree with her about her future but she also has a position where she can get a job anywhere once she is ready.

We will take a hit of course financially but it can be done and how much do you pay for a piece of mind that the mother is watching the baby.

May have to sit down and do the number crunching to see if she stays home or not.

She might end up doing the gardener. :lol:
Kegr8er
Reactions:

Post by Kegr8er »

My wife and I thought about daycare options during the pregnancy but once she was born and she spent all that time with her before going back to work my wife vowed our baby girl would never go to a daycare due to horror stories from our friends about babies mostly being left alone or being watched on camera, just laying in a crib for a good portion of the day. We found some close friends whose mother was retired and she was thrilled about watching our baby for the first few months. It worked out for everyone because the retired lady got her baby fix and we got peace of mind knowing she was getting the attention and care she needed. Trust is a huge factor! After about 6 months we found a babysitter in the neighborhood so that she could start getting acclimated with other kids.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'm still trying to make my mom move here as she doesn't need to work but she does because she gets bored easily.

Gonna try the guilt trip once we get a little into the daycare search and pour on the son charm. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Cnasty wrote:I'm still trying to make my mom move here as she doesn't need to work but she does because she gets bored easily.

Gonna try the guilt trip once we get a little into the daycare search and pour on the son charm. :lol:
The moment your mom sees the lil one she'll probably move in lol. Only luck i got going for me when i have a lil one is my parents love babies so scoreeeee. Babysitting!! Haha
Mtwasik
Reactions:

Post by Mtwasik »

We send our three kids (all under age of two) to a babysitter who watches alot of the teachers' kids in the neighboorhood, my wife actually taught her younger daughter. By far the best part about it is we only pay on the days they go, and she gives us a discount since we have 3 with her, so we end up paying 25 a day per kid, so 375 for the week total for 3 kids if they go the whole week.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Mtwasik wrote:, so we end up paying 25 a day per kid
this is just about the going rate for around here
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

The ones we are looking at are:

$226
$204
$180
$176
$170

$226 is the one where they speak Chinese and Spanish to them everyday :lol: I'm afraid of that one as the kid will be bored out of his mind by the time he reaches kindergarten

Return to “Off Topic Forum”