First Patch Info

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Re: First Patch Info

Post by Shiftdnb »

nick wrote:I go overboard in getting angry on the phone and shit. So much so they hang up :(.

we should all contact them, 1 after another, with the same disconnect complaints. just a wave of complaints
I'm under the impression the patch is already into Sony so complaining now isn't going to do anything. However, I've seen someone post that they complained and got a discount on a future purchase with EA. Personally, I'd love to file a class action lawsuit for the fact that we played full price for the game but the game is no where even close to being a full product and being so secretive/silent about any patch updates, but how much of that is just a crazy idea. IMHO if they had just kept people informed about the progress of the patch I'd be much happier and content to wait but the fact they have been silent about it and it seems to have gotten worse over the past couple of weeks in online dynasties, really grinds my gears.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

we should get ahold of Anonymous. Tell them about this shit. Maybe they'll shut down PSn for like 3 months for us to prove their power
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Shiftdnb wrote:
nick wrote:I go overboard in getting angry on the phone and shit. So much so they hang up :(.

we should all contact them, 1 after another, with the same disconnect complaints. just a wave of complaints
I'm under the impression the patch is already into Sony so complaining now isn't going to do anything. However, I've seen someone post that they complained and got a discount on a future purchase with EA. Personally, I'd love to file a class action lawsuit for the fact that we played full price for the game but the game is no where even close to being a full product and being so secretive/silent about any patch updates, but how much of that is just a crazy idea. IMHO if they had just kept people informed about the progress of the patch I'd be much happier and content to wait but the fact they have been silent about it and it seems to have gotten worse over the past couple of weeks in online dynasties, really grinds my gears.
do we have a lawyer in the ndl?
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Sorocco88 wrote:I'd be liable to go angry black man on them, and there wouldn't be much accomplished... :lol:
Yeah, me too brotha.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Uuaww wrote:
Shiftdnb wrote:

do we have a lawyer in the ndl?
we did.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Shiftdnb wrote:I'm under the impression the patch is already into Sony so complaining now isn't going to do anything. However, I've seen someone post that they complained and got a discount on a future purchase with EA. Personally, I'd love to file a class action lawsuit for the fact that we played full price for the game but the game is no where even close to being a full product and being so secretive/silent about any patch updates, but how much of that is just a crazy idea. IMHO if they had just kept people informed about the progress of the patch I'd be much happier and content to wait but the fact they have been silent about it and it seems to have gotten worse over the past couple of weeks in online dynasties, really grinds my gears.

shift, I am curious what your opinion is of it not being a full product?
I understand that some have issues connecting online, but there are a bunch of us that do not have issues.
Other than that, what makes it not a complete product in your opinion?

Again, this is pure curiosity.

And I am in no way saying that they should not and do not need to fix the issues that people like Big Mike are experiencing!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Other issues off the top of my head:

- Players not progressing properly in dynasty
- Dynasty's not reading all completed games properly
- Glitches with playbooks (a variety of issues)
- Video quality was reduced at launch to help online experience
PSN: ReignOnU
UCWeiser
Reactions:

Post by UCWeiser »

ReignOnU wrote:Other issues off the top of my head:

- Players not progressing properly in dynasty
- Dynasty's not reading all completed games properly
- Glitches with playbooks (a variety of issues)
- Video quality was reduced at launch to help online experience

+1

DBs that have grown eyes in the back of their heads and come back to cover the pass for someone they're not covering.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Thanks for the info guys.
I had my ideas of why it is partly a shitty product this year, but I wanted to get other's input.

I say it all the time, I perform software testing in my day job, if we put out a product like this, someone would lose their job.
So I was just curious.

And it is just laughable at this point that they continue to put out a bad product or one that is not ready, each and every year and at least it seems like they are in no hurry to fix it right away!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

things that are materially wrong with the game (not being able to advance online dynasties properly, guys not being able to play online, etc) are problems with the game.

not liking how players react or how the game plays isn't a fair thing to complain about imo. i think players react fine and i think the gameplay is overall the best i've seen in years... so its purely just an opinion complaining about stuff like that.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

DRiccio21 wrote:i think players react fine and i think the gameplay is overall the best i've seen in years... so its purely just an opinion complaining about stuff like that.
I agree with this but disagree with your opinion. The reaction of the CPU is amazing and some of the worst it has been in years. Its like the complete opposite of last year instead of testing and finding a middle ground they just went the complete opposite.

Im not saying its a horrible game but there are a lot of issues that have brought this game back a couple notches and online play is totally shit on as usual.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Again another reason I love EA Canada over EA Tiberon

If FIFA or NHL came out with half the bugs this games had, someone would've been fired already and we would've had 4 patches by now. FIFA teams kept us updated every day on what was going on.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

I've honestly lost all interest in this game since Madden came out. I'm 99.999999% sure I'll never play NCAA 2012 again.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BIGmike wrote:I've honestly lost all interest in this game since Madden came out. I'm 99.999999% sure I'll never play NCAA 2012 again.
If a patch comes out tomorrow and your connection magically is perfect, you'd log 5 games just tomorrow. :lol:

I know I would lol.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Yes, but for now that only happens in the land of make believe. :lol:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

BIGmike wrote:I've honestly lost all interest in this game since Madden came out. I'm 99.999999% sure I'll never play NCAA 2012 again.

So you can go ahead and go on autopilot for the title game in Pengy's dynasty? 8-)

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

I should have faked connection issues. :|
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

The_Niddler wrote:
Shiftdnb wrote:I'm under the impression the patch is already into Sony so complaining now isn't going to do anything. However, I've seen someone post that they complained and got a discount on a future purchase with EA. Personally, I'd love to file a class action lawsuit for the fact that we played full price for the game but the game is no where even close to being a full product and being so secretive/silent about any patch updates, but how much of that is just a crazy idea. IMHO if they had just kept people informed about the progress of the patch I'd be much happier and content to wait but the fact they have been silent about it and it seems to have gotten worse over the past couple of weeks in online dynasties, really grinds my gears.

shift, I am curious what your opinion is of it not being a full product?
I understand that some have issues connecting online, but there are a bunch of us that do not have issues.
Other than that, what makes it not a complete product in your opinion?

Again, this is pure curiosity.

And I am in no way saying that they should not and do not need to fix the issues that people like Big Mike are experiencing!
My issues with the game are purely with glitches in the servers and programming and not so much the actual gameplay, like the super jumping defenders.
In RTG mode or OD mode as a coordinator, if you're not in the game and it's simming, sometimes the computer will punt on 1st and 2nd down. Bugs in Online Dynasty; the roster issue, games finishing but transfer failed, game freezing up, bowl games having all kinds of issues, 3rd year of dynasties ruined by corrupt files. What baffles me is this is all stuff that worked fine in previous versions.

This makes the game unplayable very fast as you get tired of hoping that you won't have the problem but you know you're going to run into it as some point. Like I said before if they addressed the issue publicly and were giving us updates on the patch than I would have no problem, but they would rather pretend like there is nothing majorly wrong. Personally I think they did a great job with the game as far as gameplay is concerned but it's like buying a new computer that constantly crashes. It can have all the bells and whistles but you can only handle restarting it so many times before you just want to throw it out the window.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i just had to download a new software for NCAA 12 it says version 1.02

i'm assuming thats the patch, but i have no idea
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

DRiccio21 wrote:i just had to download a new software for NCAA 12 it says version 1.02

i'm assuming thats the patch, but i have no idea
That should be the patch.

Return to “Playstation”