First Patch Info

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

First Patch Info

Post by BIGmike »

•Custom Playbooks
With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

•Tendencies
As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

•Freezes/Crashes
A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

•Gameplay
Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
•Highlights
Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
•Dynasty
Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.

•Road to Glory
Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

•Week Advance Anywhere
As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: First Patch Info

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

what about the part where you can throw a comeback and the defender will turn around automatically and intercept the pass while the WR runs normally?
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

Whens this drop? I need to drop some filler plays from my playbook. Lol
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
Matt90210
Reactions:

Post by Matt90210 »

Pasta Padre says by the end of August
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Custom playbook fix is cool so everyone can go back to what they had.

Some help with option blocking is cool. Absolutely worthless running it now. Corner is always waiting there with a big smile on his face.

Umm, nothing on connection issues online? Fail.
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

UCWeiser
Reactions:

Post by UCWeiser »

sammy33 wrote: Umm, nothing on connection issues online? Fail.
+100000000
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Matt90210 wrote:Pasta Padre says by the end of August
End of August? WTF?

Might as well just wait for NCAA 13.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

They specifically said freezing/crashing was fixed. They showed many examples, but not all. It should be improved.

Sucks that we're thinking end of August, but I think they have some content patching policy that they have to pass through first.
PSN: ReignOnU
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Double post... btw... I'm thrilled that option blocking has been improved. That's exactly what my offense needs now.
PSN: ReignOnU
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

End of August...come on!!!!!!!!!!
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
RB4SC22
Reactions:

Post by RB4SC22 »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:what about the part where you can throw a comeback and the defender will turn around automatically and intercept the pass while the WR runs normally?
+1
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

RB4SC22 wrote:
VeniVediV1ci wrote:what about the part where you can throw a comeback and the defender will turn around automatically and intercept the pass while the WR runs normally?
+1
+1 more.

Line of sight in this game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. How can a DB with their back turned: 1. immediately know when the ball has been thrown and 2. break directly to the receiver it has been thrown to and 3. have enough closing speed to make a pick or bat the ball? The receivers sometimes don't even attempt to catch the ball if I can't switch fast enough, most of the time they get hit in the head by the ball.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

After last year with the super-powered offense, the overactive defense is a refreshing change. There are some tweaks they could make, but it's a game. Not realistic for safeties to be able to play multiple routes. Not realistic for QB's to see 5 receivers at the same time and not be punished when throwing. It is what it is.
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

They aren't addressing the punting on 1st down in RTG and OD simming or in online dynasty coaches are winning but it's showing them as losing.
RB4SC22
Reactions:

Post by RB4SC22 »

autiger730 wrote:
+1 more.

Line of sight in this game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. How can a DB with their back turned: 1. immediately know when the ball has been thrown and 2. break directly to the receiver it has been thrown to and 3. have enough closing speed to make a pick or bat the ball? The receivers sometimes don't even attempt to catch the ball if I can't switch fast enough, most of the time they get hit in the head by the ball.
big time... Its like linebackers and DBs knock down balls at the most ridiculous angles, but it is a video game and they cant master all the dimensions I'm sure. Im starting to get a hang of it though, just have to be really smart with passing, and be a good improviser
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

sammy33 wrote:After last year with the super-powered offense, the overactive defense is a refreshing change. There are some tweaks they could make, but it's a game. Not realistic for safeties to be able to play multiple routes. Not realistic for QB's to see 5 receivers at the same time and not be punished when throwing. It is what it is.
+1
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

Season will be over by end of August. lame
AIM: brett11253
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

brett11253 wrote:Season will be over by end of August. lame

Just think Season 23 will be GREATNESS!
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

Haha I'll hold my breath.
AIM: brett11253
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

brett11253 wrote:Haha I'll hold my breath.
Try not to be a debbie downer..... :(

And for that fact the game isnt that bad, I ll take this game over the past 3 for sure. I know early I thought it was a cluncky type game, but now as I played the game more Im liking it more and more.

Return to “Playstation”