Gran Turismo 5

Various games played by NDL members.
cnotes008
Reactions:

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by cnotes008 »

DO you eventually need to do pit stops in this game?
cnotes008
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

not until you get way up in leveling, in the endurance races.
cnotes008
Reactions:

Post by cnotes008 »

where are those? in extreme racing
cnotes008
Shiftdnb
Reactions:

Post by Shiftdnb »

I don't know for sure when they come, I've just heard the higher level people talking about them so I'm assuming they are unlocked. AU may know.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

cnotes008 wrote:DO you eventually need to do pit stops in this game?
Endurance is a definite, in both Specs. You also have to in some of the longer races in Extreme level in B-spec because you have to switch drivers. Make sure you know how far your guys can go before both their mental and strength level runs out. And make sure you have at least 4 drivers. If you run lower level guys in high level races with high level cars that you know you can easily win the race, you can level them up quickly. You can actually do it without winning the race as well, but if you got a car you KNOW will win, all the better.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
cnotes008
Reactions:

Post by cnotes008 »

Well I am finally happy this game is now challenging. I am into the extreme races, but I cant seem to get gold in the Grand turismo all stars race in expert (i think thats it, its the middle one on the bottom row in expert). All of the cars are race cars and so I figured I needed a race car. So I got a corvette and did the upgrade to race car in the GT auto place. Well I can win the 1st 2 races, but can't seem to hang in the last 3 (best was 4,4,5 in those). What type of race car are you guys using for these races? I cant go spend 4 mil on a race car that i dont even know if it will be any better.

Also the race at the Indy oval, I cant do shit in it with the Vette. Should I be making suspension adjustments to favor the all left turns? Some of the race cars just seem to float around those corners and leave me in the dust. What car did you guys use for this race?

Thanks for anyone that responds
cnotes008
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

cnotes008 wrote:Well I am finally happy this game is now challenging. I am into the extreme races, but I cant seem to get gold in the Grand turismo all stars race in expert (i think thats it, its the middle one on the bottom row in expert). All of the cars are race cars and so I figured I needed a race car. So I got a corvette and did the upgrade to race car in the GT auto place. Well I can win the 1st 2 races, but can't seem to hang in the last 3 (best was 4,4,5 in those). What type of race car are you guys using for these races? I cant go spend 4 mil on a race car that i dont even know if it will be any better.

Also the race at the Indy oval, I cant do shit in it with the Vette. Should I be making suspension adjustments to favor the all left turns? Some of the race cars just seem to float around those corners and leave me in the dust. What car did you guys use for this race?

Thanks for anyone that responds
This set up works pretty much anywhere. It will amaze you on Indy. You almost never have to take your foot off the brake. Also, adjust the top speed according to the track.

FOR INDY SET THE TOP SPEED TO 242, other tracks are usually 192 - 224.

Racing Soft tires

Aero-
Front 35 -----Back 53

LSD -
rear- 10-20-10

Suspension (first # is front, second is rear)
Ride Height - 0 - 0
Spring rate- 16.6 - 13.4
Dampers ext - 9 - 7
Dampers comp- 9 - 7
Anti-roll - 3 - 5

Wheel Align
Camber Front 2.0 - Rear 1.5
Toe - Front 0.0 - Rear (-0.85)

Brakes
Front 3
Rear 4
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Racing-Controller-H ... 19c1645949

Just wondered how they worked compared to a steering wheel.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
cnotes008
Reactions:

Post by cnotes008 »

no, but it definetly looks cool.
cnotes008
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

It looks bad ass, but why is the wheel at a diagonal angle? it probably doesn't work worth a damn.

Return to “Other Games”