Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Politics and stuff

Post by shel311 »

Biden on 8/18: "That's what we're doing now, that's the path we're on. And I think we'll get there," he said. "If there's American citizens left, we're gonna stay to get them all out."

But...

McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, said some American citizens who wanted to leave Afghanistan remained in the country. "We did not get everybody out that we wanted to get out," he said.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:31 pm Biden on 8/18: "That's what we're doing now, that's the path we're on. And I think we'll get there," he said. "If there's American citizens left, we're gonna stay to get them all out."

But...

McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, said some American citizens who wanted to leave Afghanistan remained in the country. "We did not get everybody out that we wanted to get out," he said.
The biggest problem I have with all of this, is the hypocrisy from the likes of our antifa member Crowes and other Uber liberal idiots that we have here. Had this been Trump we would have had 30 pages bashing him for leaving Americans behind. Liberal media would run this for months straight and there would be impeachment hearings after impeachment hearings. But since it's Biden none of these idiots will ever say anything
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

And if it was Trump then all the conservatives would be saying the same shit the liberals are and vice versa. Both sides do this, both sides suck. Ignore so much news and watch sports. It is better for you and less predictable.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm And if it was Trump then all the conservatives would be saying the same shit the liberals are and vice versa
We've talked about this before. The standards aren't the same when it comes to Biden. He isn't even held on the same level of accountability as Obama.

And I wasn't lumping you in with the lines of our idiots here. I know you are liberal but you also see right and wrong and can look at things objectively
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm And if it was Trump then all the conservatives would be saying the same shit the liberals are and vice versa. Both sides do this, both sides suck. Ignore so much news and watch sports. It is better for you and less predictable.
1.) I don't see any situation where this would have occurred under Trump.

2.) You couldn't be more wrong, as on numerous occasions I've disagreed with Trump. I fully believe in calling it the way I see it.

3.) While not on this board, there's a large group of liberals that are seriously pissed about this. George is specifically referencing the goof troop here.

As a small example... just search Syria / North Korea in this thread and you'll see what I wasn't a huge fan of his approach. There was actually a direct comment made that someone said "there's nothing Trump could do that would make you not support him" and my reply was very much along these lines.

I'm all for reducing our presence overseas, though not completely, as it's important to have eyes/ears internationally. But not only did Biden's administration fuck up the exit strategy, they've fucked up nearly every step since. About the only thing he did right was come out and say they underestimated and they were going to make it right (which they didn't).
PSN: ReignOnU
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I read 5% of this thread so I was not really referring to you and George vs Crowes. I more meant the media and the message they put out on their networks which shapes your average persons opinion on either side. If this happened under Trump then Fox would have a much different message as would CNN/MSNBC and I thought that is what George was talking about in his post.

Personally, I can't say I am a liberal. Maybe I was in 2008 and loving Obama but both parties have gone too far left or right for me so neither really work for me right now.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Careful Billy what you type is exactly what you mean and you cant make mistakes. Those are the rules in this thread. And if you interpret or feel differently than George, Shel and Reign then you are wrong. There is only hypocrisy on the left and far left and the right and far right are the only ones that find the truth. So unless you are fully invested in arguing, it is pointless to post in this thread.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Coug, get ahold of yourself, man.

cougnix wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 am . And if you interpret or feel differently than George, Shel and Reign then you are wrong.
This is pretty funny considering you told everyone blaming Biden for how he left Afghanistan that there'll all wrong and your opinion was the right one.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

cougnix wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 am Careful Billy what you type is exactly what you mean and you cant make mistakes. Those are the rules in this thread. And if you interpret or feel differently than George, Shel and Reign then you are wrong. There is only hypocrisy on the left and far left and the right and far right are the only ones that find the truth. So unless you are fully invested in arguing, it is pointless to post in this thread.
Funny... I recall you guys jumping all over George just a few days ago for not clearly explaining his comment about poor people being stuck with their housing situations.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Lol and check and mate.
ImageImage

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

shel311 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:01 am Coug, get ahold of yourself, man.

cougnix wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 am . And if you interpret or feel differently than George, Shel and Reign then you are wrong.
This is pretty funny considering you told everyone blaming Biden for how he left Afghanistan that there'll all wrong and your opinion was the right one.
I dont recall saying anything of the sort? I clearly waivered back and forth from Left and Right options of blame? But as per usual what I type will get sliced up like George did
ImageImage

BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:40 pm
wdoupis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm And if it was Trump then all the conservatives would be saying the same shit the liberals are and vice versa
We've talked about this before. The standards aren't the same when it comes to Biden. He isn't even held on the same level of accountability as Obama.

And I wasn't lumping you in with the lines of our idiots here. I know you are liberal but you also see right and wrong and can look at things objectively
Monday morning QBing here. No rational person would say the exit was handled well. However, he did keep a promise that the two previous admins said they would do. Get us out. Trump can say he would have done better all he wants but he didn’t. Easy to take shots when you didn’t make the call.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

BFiVL wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:14 pm

Monday morning QBing here. No rational person would say the exit was handled well. However, he did keep a promise that the two previous admins said they would do. Get us out. Trump can say he would have done better all he wants but he didn’t. Easy to take shots when you didn’t make the call.
If this is how we keep promises now, I'd like to give him a pass on keeping any other promises.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

C'mon Bama....did you even read what I said? There isn't Monday morning QBing. It's a direct reflection of how the media has covered both presidents. The standard that Trump was held to is not the same that Biden is held to. Biden has been handled with kiddie gloves and given a pass at every turn.
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

cougnix wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:31 pm I dont recall saying anything of the sort?
cougnix wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:15 ambut most will have you believe it's Bidens fault...
There's legitimately no other way to logically take that quote other than you stating it is not BIden's fault, and we are all wrong for saying so.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Afghanistan was last week guys

Talk about Hurricane 🌀 Ida and the 1 million without power.

Or talk about me beating up the homeless.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:15 pm Afghanistan was last week guys

Talk about Hurricane 🌀 Ida and the 1 million without power.

Or talk about me beating up the homeless.
Nobody cares about you
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

ReignOnU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:37 pm

If this is how we keep promises now, I'd like to give him a pass on keeping any other promises.

And if we stay out will you have the same opinion? Loss of life is bad. The exit was shit. However, we are now out and no more soldiers will die over there.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:57 pm

C'mon Bama....did you even read what I said? There isn't Monday morning QBing. It's a direct reflection of how the media has covered both presidents. The standard that Trump was held to is not the same that Biden is held to. Biden has been handled with kiddie gloves and given a pass at every turn.
I disagree George. Media will Media. Obama got killed in the eyes of the left, Trump took it in the ass if you asked the right. There is no double standard. Just depends how you see it.

Let’s talk about Texas abortion. The state where the rapist can sue his victim if she aborts their baby.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

w...t....f...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”