College Football Thread

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: College Football Thread

Post by Cnasty »

:(
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Tough to have that many chances and blow it and not to mention they score after a fake punt next play ... just a wild game that they let slip away
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

DRiccio21 wrote:Tough to have that many chances and blow it and not to mention they score after a fake punt next play ... just a wild game that they let slip away
Miami’s O-line was atrocious. They’re going to go through about four QBs this year.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

I'm optimistically pumped for this year at Hookem U. As long as we stay healthy, we should be able to compete in every game. That's a feeling I've not had in almost a decade.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

texasfan4444 wrote:I'm optimistically pumped for this year at Hookem U. As long as we stay healthy, we should be able to compete in every game. That's a feeling I've not had in almost a decade.
Bring it!!!!
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

shel311 wrote:
texasfan4444 wrote:I'm optimistically pumped for this year at Hookem U. As long as we stay healthy, we should be able to compete in every game. That's a feeling I've not had in almost a decade.
Bring it!!!!

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Looking forward to this weekend. Huskers open up the season (against a high school varsity team, but better than the SEC junior varsity teams they play). And it's my birthday weekend. Gonna make some carnitas and some beef taco meat. Gonna have some corn and flour tortillas ready to be consumed as well as a tomatilla/jalapeno "green sauce" and some pico. I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! A friend is making a shrimp mexican dish, kinda like a salad. And we'll have some tamales. Did I mention I LOVE mexican food? Gonna be a good weekend!
ImageImageImage
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

:lol: South Alabama
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Wasted Memory wrote::lol: South Alabama
Who is your teams patsy for the year?!?

I said they were a high school varsity team. I don't try to play them up like SEC schools do
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

George's anti-SEC stuff is the most hilarious and nonsensical things we have going on the forums these days. Keep it up buddy!!!!!!
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

You want bash the SEC, knock your self out. But don't act like South Alabama is better than what the SEC schools do. :lol:
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Wasted Memory wrote:You want bash the SEC, knock your self out. But don't act like South Alabama is better than what the SEC schools do. :lol:
The Huskers scheduled 1 patsy! Alabama schedules 2 or 3 every year. I am sure the other top SEC schools do the same. And don't give me the SEC schedule is so much harder. Look how they have fared in the bowls recently
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

The SEC is just better, there is not a reasonable argument otherwise. That does not mean there are not good teams or leagues or that Ohio St would not be awesome in the SEC and all that. All you have to do is look at every draft and see how many more players are drafted from the SEC than everywhere else every single year.

Now if you want to say NFL scouts are in on this too and only care about SEC then I'd love to hear that take so fire away.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

George says, "Don't give me the truth, I don't want to hear it"
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote:The SEC is just better, there is not a reasonable argument otherwise. That does not mean there are not good teams or leagues or that Ohio St would not be awesome in the SEC and all that. All you have to do is look at every draft and see how many more players are drafted from the SEC than everywhere else every single year.

Now if you want to say NFL scouts are in on this too and only care about SEC then I'd love to hear that take so fire away.
I don't have the time or care to look to see how many All Pros come from each conference or starters from each conference. I just see how well they do against other conferences as a whole. Yes, the top is really good...but don't kid yourself, the middle of the conference is as soft as the state puff marshmallow man
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:George says, "Don't give me the truth, I don't want to hear it"
What truth? SEC has been below .500 the part couple of bowl seasons when they play comparable teams? So what truth?
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
What truth? SEC has been below .500 the part couple of bowl seasons when they play comparable teams? So what truth?
Why not use the entire season, and just the small sample, cause it doesn't fit the narrative?

You don't actually believe the SEC isn't the best conference, you're just willing to die on that hill for some odd reason.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
Why not use the entire season, and just the small sample, cause it doesn't fit the narrative?

You don't actually believe the SEC isn't the best conference, you're just willing to die on that hill for some odd reason.
How do you compare the whole season? Alabama beats Duke...cool they that much better? But lose to Clemson, so are they? Why not use the bowls, should be comparable teams facing each other right?
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:

The SEC has a better top 3 teams than most conferences. But lack in the middle of the conference. And who cares about the bottom, they all suck. LSU/Tennessee is the same as Illinois

or my Huskers
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

LSU is the same as Tennessee and Illinois?

George, you're a funny guy when you talk football.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”