25%
15 million dollar hard cap
75%

Total votes: 24

wdoupis
Reactions:

IFA Poll

Post by wdoupis »

There were some complaints about IFAs again last year as the new CBA did not do what we thought it would. We are able to hard cap it though so I will propose 2 simple options that would work and make sense.

Leave it as is and use tax system. This method is fair to all teams but I know some guys think it is unrealistic that guys are dropping 30 million on IFAs plus taxes.

15 million hard cap. This is also fair and any team that has 15 million in cash has equal opportunity to spend the same as the big budget teams. You can drop it all on one guy or spread it out but no matter what you will not be able to exceed 15 million.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Re: IFA Poll

Post by Graywolf357 »

wdoupis wrote:There were some complaints about IFAs again last year as the new CBA did not do what we thought it would. We are able to hard cap it though so I will propose 2 simple options that would work and make sense.

Leave it as is and use tax system. This method is fair to all teams but I know some guys think it is unrealistic that guys are dropping 30 million on IFAs plus taxes.

15 million hard cap. This is also fair and any team that has 15 million in cash has equal opportunity to spend the same as the big budget teams. You can drop it all on one guy or spread it out but no matter what you will not be able to exceed 15 million.
I Am in the middle on this one. I see both side’s. Haha let me think this over before I vote.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

would the year ban still be in effect with the hard cap?
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Hmmm, I'd say no but not sure what the game would do.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

wdoupis wrote:Hmmm, I'd say no but not sure what the game would do.

Why would it not? Hard cap or not, there is an in game limit that states how much you get penalized.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

There's a penalty for going over... But if there's a hard cap you can't go over...
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I think $15m is too much given where the MLB one is and where league finances sit. But it's better than no cap.
Neurotic
Reactions:

Post by Neurotic »

I dont think there is a tax system with the hard cap.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I think 5 is too low and I thought about 10 but seems maybe low too. 15 seemed like a number that does not put any market at a disadvantage. There are guys who openly talk about not trying to learn finances and I am not catering to those who do not care to learn about it which is how I settled on 15
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote:I think 5 is too low and I thought about 10 but seems maybe low too. 15 seemed like a number that does not put any market at a disadvantage. There are guys who openly talk about not trying to learn finances and I am not catering to those who do not care to learn about it which is how I settled on 15
I don't think I have said I will not learn finances. Just that every time I think I have it, I fuck everything up and then realize I don't know finances. :lol:
ImageImageImage
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

We got 15 votes, that means 15 have not. Please everyone vote on these winter meetings polls. I believe there are 4 of them
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

im waiting to be the final vote
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Vote please!!!!!
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

15 million cap has clinched the 60% needed and this ones a wrap as well. Thanks for the 24 who voted. I will post how this will precisely work as the season gets closer and I ask around to some other commissioners that I know

Return to “Winter Meetings”