Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Post by Uuaww »

GeorgesGoons wrote:What exactly is a charter school and how does that differ from a private/public school? I understand the difference between private and public but just not sure what a charter school is
from what I understand is charter schools are public schools run by private companies.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

GeorgesGoons wrote:What exactly is a charter school and how does that differ from a private/public school? I understand the difference between private and public but just not sure what a charter school is
It's a publicly funded school that is independent of any public school district it may reside in. Typically they are started by educational companies, foundations, groups of educators, or any other interested group. Parents can choose to send their kids there and the tax dollars that would normally be allocated to the public school that the kid would normally attend are instead sent to the charter school. Sometimes charter schools focus on particular specialty curricula or they may offer alternative educational programs for students who are having trouble succeeding in a regular school environment. Either way, they still have to meet certain standards established by the state department of education. In Indiana, the majority of charter schools have shown drastically lower levels of achievement than the more established public or private schools. Many of them are almost fly-by-night operations that are here one day, gone the next. There are very few charter schools I would ever allow my kids to go to.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Niece goes to some Connect charter school here that she had to test into and it seems to have some pretty spectacular reviews. There's no sports and I think they only have a gym/pe class one semester instead of year round. Not my cup of tea, but for those types it works. I have no issues with public school
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

First Bowling Green, Now Atlanta. Hang tough Atlanta. :roll:

I just don't understand how Conway and now Spicer, our presidents 2 biggest mouth pieces, Are allowed to go on multiple shows or press conf and are allowed to make "mistakes" over and over without being corrected.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

The SNL Spicer skit is fucking hilarious.

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I do wonder how many times previous administrations have misspoken but we've never cared to fire up the angry mob over it. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:I do wonder how many times previous administrations have misspoken but we've never cared to fire up the angry mob over it. :lol:
you had people who thought Obama was a muslim from Kenya (see: the current president). i'm sure if people misspoke there would of been backlash about it.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:
shel311 wrote:I do wonder how many times previous administrations have misspoken but we've never cared to fire up the angry mob over it. :lol:
you had people who thought Obama was a muslim from Kenya (see: the current president). i'm sure if people misspoke there would of been backlash about it.
Yea the first month of Obama's presidency was exactly like this one, protests/riots and all.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

a simple google search could of helped ya

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/p ... -discredit
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

If Obama first few executive orders,plans,picks for cabinet positions etc. created this much controversy and head scratching then no doubt we would have seen quite a reaction. Never will I justify riots, protests are fine.
Never been a huge political guy. Still not a huge political guy and I understand politicians will always test and stretch the truth to serve their people. First month we have seen our president attack a company for dropping his daughters retail line, claim the biggest voter fraud scandal in the history of the United States,claim that the murder rate is the highest it has been in 47 years, and seems overly concerned with media and celebrity opinion. Just seems silly to me but again what do I know? I just post opinions on a defunct football league board. :lol:
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Biffy en fuego with truth bombs today
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nothings defunct.....its and extended hiatus
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

BFiVL wrote: I just post opinions on a defunct video game football league board. :lol:
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

BFiVL wrote:seems overly concerned with media and celebrity opinion.
Didn't you know how Trump was before he got elected?
Why are people expecting a different Trump now that he has been elected?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ajalves wrote:
BFiVL wrote:Here big talking points I believe are doing away with common core and school choice ( vouchers)

IMO public schools vs charter vs private comes down to one thing only. Class size. You want scores to go up in public schools. Lower the class size. Problem solved.
kids can pretty much already go to whatever schools they want by way of Academies or 'programs'....transportation is just not being provided.

In all reality, public education is a black hole. The money is there, it is just being spent by morons in ridiculous ways on ridiculously over priced things. Then things aren't taken care of. It (pub. education) is incredibly wasteful on how they spend their money.

Oh... you mean like the "CEO" of Chicago Public Schools? Yes, I said "CEO."
PSN: ReignOnU
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

The_Niddler wrote:
BFiVL wrote:seems overly concerned with media and celebrity opinion.
Didn't you know how Trump was before he got elected?
Why are people expecting a different Trump now that he has been elected?

It didnt matter before to me because he wasn't my president. He was a celebrity asshat picking fights with lesbian talk show hosts. Now he is the leader of free world dusting it up with world leaders. Just a slight difference. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

"Being president harder than Donald Trump thought, according to aides/allies. he’s growing increasingly frustrated"

:lol:
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

What is the record for "Excecutive Orders" for a president? And how many of Trumps will go to the court system?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Pretty sure it's FDR and it was over 1000 if I remember hearing correctly.
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

FDR signed over 3500 executive orders haha. Woodrow Wilson comes in 2nd with 1800 ish. Trump has 12....Obama had close to 280.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)

Return to “Off Topic Forum”