Season 28 Status

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Re: Season 28 Status

Post by iRoccafella »

The only reason my wife complains is because I'm playing a football game instead of (insert triple a title game here). She'd rather me play Assassins Creed, Last of Us or something of that nature and watch then me play football and her be bored to tears. :lol:
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

shel311 wrote:
cougnix wrote:ext day, she comes home I am sitting in the same damn spot, and the TV is on. Nothing in particular, she walks in, gives me a kiss, takes off her jacket, tells me a few things
Aside from the FB part, what is the difference between you sitting in the same spot and watching TV or playing a game?

Women!!!
It's not just women; it is anyone that doesn't play video games. I am a laughingstock at the bar, but then I'll have to listen to constant chatter about (fill in TV show) and I just stare at them.
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

iRoccafella wrote:The only reason my wife complains is because I'm playing a football game instead of (insert triple a title game here). She'd rather me play Assassins Creed, Last of Us or something of that nature and watch then me play football and her be bored to tears. :lol:
this is exactly how it is with my wife.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

First post is updated.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

I only have 6 games played.

I tell you what it is Niddler since no one else will respond. These will be listed in no hierarchy

1. Its the Holidays.
2. The league activity on the forums is nearly crawling. Why be active in an environment where no one else is?
3. Everyone is saying its the last season and people feel like they have nothing to play for. My points mean nothing if I can't play again next season. There is no reward per say.
4. PS4 is out. I want to play with my $400 toy in the 2 hours I get to myself in the evening

So apathy begats apathy. I check the scheduling threads and 2 of the 6 I have games against have posted. So then I become in the mindset of well if no one else cares why should I. Just beginning honest.

I am going to try and get my games in starting Sunday when I am not on call for work. I want to get my games in out of respect for other guys.
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

Also I have been gone for about 5 seasons and I know this is by far the worst activity I have seen from conference commissioners.

I know as a conference Commish or someone writing NDL ESPN stuff that if no one responds or participates with you posts in the conference threads of the NDL ESPN boards it feels like a waste of time, but good lord there is nothing. The only thing happening this season is games. Seems like everyone is in the same boat, even the leadership. The ship seems to have sailed and its sad.
One of the things that breeds participation is participation. I am not blaming the commishs. I am just point out that the kitten is drowning.

People in the league have gotten much older and the game has gotten stale it seems to many. People have Adult lives and Gaming can't be #1-4 in peoples lives.

Just my 2 cents.

I for one still get jazzed when playing a game. I enjoy the boards when arguing with Trendon, Nick, and Shel. I still enjoy the college talk as the season progresses, and making fun of Jsence.

I like the brotherhood of the boards, but the flame is flickering on this thing.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Why the fuck is everything locked up? With Thanksgiving in a week to get games played we are closing shop? Good god, relax and let the guys that are trying get some games played.

OR the game with WSU @ UTAH was still locked as being simmed from last season.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

cougnix wrote:Why the fuck is everything locked up? With Thanksgiving in a week to get games played we are closing shop? Good god, relax and let the guys that are trying get some games played.

OR the game with WSU @ UTAH was still locked as being simmed from last season.
The games were open on Friday, Nov 29th.
The Friday after Thanksgiving. Sorry if everyone was busy doing family stuff the day before.

Where is the problem?

If you have a particular game that has an issue like WSU@Utah, I would think, as a veteran in this league, you would know that to fix an issue like this, all it takes is a simple IM or PM to myself or any other commissioner through the boards or AIM.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

So less than a week to get the last two games in? The CUP games aren't even due until the 10th. I ask again, why is everything locked up?

Plus there isn't a timeline, so let's just make a random choice on a season ending without telling anyone? There are people trying, and I'm sorry but your dictatorship isn't making things better.
ImageImage

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

cougnix wrote:So less than a week to get the last two games in? The CUP games aren't even due until the 10th. I ask again, why is everything locked up?

Plus there isn't a timeline, so let's just make a random choice on a season ending without telling anyone? There are people trying, and I'm sorry but your dictatorship isn't making things better.
So you want more time to try and schedule games that no one is responding to?

Decisions have to be made for the league as a whole, keep that in mind.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

shel311 wrote:
cougnix wrote:So less than a week to get the last two games in? The CUP games aren't even due until the 10th. I ask again, why is everything locked up?

So you want more time to try and schedule games that no one is responding to?

Decisions have to be made for the league as a whole, keep that in mind.
I get it. And I understand, but like I said there have been attempts. Just don't like the ending this is taking.
ImageImage

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

cougnix wrote:Just don't like the ending this is taking.
Understood, but the alternative isn't good either.

Wait on the handful of guys who are active to keep posting in threads and continue to not be able to get games in.

I don't see another more viable option than just letting this season go. It sucks for the active dudes, but what can you do?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

cougnix wrote:There are people trying, and I'm sorry but your dictatorship isn't making things better
I'd also like to say, that's a bit harsh.

You don't know what goes into these decisions behind the scenes.

And hell, let's make it a democracy. Let's put it up to a vote for all 80 or so current NDL members, how you think that will turn out? You think the vote would come back to keep chugging along or to close up shop? I think if you got your wish, the league would fold even faster :)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

:lol: Vote? Did you say vote?

I'd envision a 3-1 vote for closing shop :lol:

Hell, that's probably a better turn out than the last poll we did. :roll:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wasted Memory wrote::lol: Vote? Did you say vote?

I'd envision a 3-1 vote for closing shop :lol:

Hell, that's probably a better turn out than the last poll we did. :roll:
:lol:

Dictatorship/democracy/communism, it doesn't matter, they would all end with the season wrapping up ASAP.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Damn governments...DOWN WITH THE 1%!
ImageImage

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Is there a way to sue the NCAA or EA for the lost entertainment that the game not being out will create? Damn O'Bannon...
ImageImage

WJ5811
Reactions:

Post by WJ5811 »

Are things shutdown then? Don't see a timeline.
PSN: WJ5811
AIM: WJ5811
JUSTIN TV USER: WJ5811
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

ty Wasted for the OD's or my playing career would be over. I look forward to being Mario come Christmas 8-)
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

You didn't see a timeline because they are working soon hard behind the scenes as Shel said

Return to “NDL Open Forum”