SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Various games played by NDL members.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by ReignOnU »

Anyone playing?

After tons of tech issues trying to get into beta and the early launch, I finally have it installed and played this weekend. I've never been big into the lore/history in games, but I have to say, I'm pretty hooked on the story lines in this game. It's different based on the class and it's all video / cut scene based. I haven't completed any instances (flashpoints), but I have done a good amount of pvp. Overall, I've very impressed so far.
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Re: SWTOR - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by nick »

how much is it? mmorpg?
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I downloaded the beta and got to about level 12. I am not a Star Wars fan, nor have I even seen a Star Wars. I had no iddea who Hans Solo was but, apparently, he is a famous smuggler, the class I picked. All in all, I guess I liked the game. However, I am either done with or on hiatus from MMORPG's. If I do go back to one, I am going back to Rift. Rift adds one feature that I really like: sometimes you just get fucked. I grew tired of Warcraft's "let's make everything perfectly even for both sides!" angle and while Rift isn't actually a shining example of a disparate universe, there were enough hard luck events that would keep it interesting (i.e. a gigantic rift opening up in the sky and dropping deadly monsters on your head while you were busy doing something else).

So, TOR needed to be "HOLY FUCK!" different to get me hooked and it wasn't.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Hey guys I am a huge Star Wars nerd, and the only game I really ever played was Galaxies, but ever sine TOR came out I have been hooked. Currently im a level 31 sith warrior right now but I have alot of friends that play all the time and even have a ventrilo server up. So if you want to play with us we love to pvp alot and are pretty good, just make sure you have a mic to get into vent and have a good time!
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

nick wrote:how much is it? mmorpg?

$60 + $15 per month.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

UclaMac wrote:Hey guys I am a huge Star Wars nerd, and the only game I really ever played was Galaxies, but ever sine TOR came out I have been hooked. Currently im a level 31 sith warrior right now but I have alot of friends that play all the time and even have a ventrilo server up. So if you want to play with us we love to pvp alot and are pretty good, just make sure you have a mic to get into vent and have a good time!
I don't have a lot of free time, so I've only got 1 character to lvl 17 and 1 to lvl 13. I was trying to decide between the 2 stealth classes and finally settled on Scoundrel. (friends playing Republic) We're on Naddist Rebels.

I have another group of friends going Empire on Kathol Rift.

Which server are you on?

@ Trendon - Like you, I've never watched a movie and had no idea who/what Hans Solo is. With that said, I'm genuinely enjoying the content in this game. It's very different from how Rift/WoW are set up, in terms of dragging you into the story lines with the choices that you make. I'm sure all of that fun stuff goes away when you hit 50 and the game becomes either A.) Raiding or B.) PvP. From now until then though, this does seem more like a console RPG than an MMORPG, if you choose to stay solo for most of it.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

too much work for me

jedi outcast for pc is best sw game ever made

jedi academy isnt great but same controls and etc and entertaining
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Is anyone still playing this game? I have a pretty strong group of buddies still playing and loving this game on the server helm of Grash. Its a pvp server and we are ocusing on gear right now but once thats done pvp will be a daily occurance. Let me know if you wanna run with some cool people, also we have a vent server setup also!
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Just started playing this a couple weeks ago. Pretty fun/addictive. Not really into these types of games, but since it was free to play and Star Wars, thought I'd give it a shot. Playing the Sith Warrior right now, probably gonna get through it, then do the Jedi side of it.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

Nole4real wrote:too much work for me

jedi outcast for pc is best sw game ever made

jedi academy isnt great but same controls and etc and entertaining

still this for me
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i downloaded this cause its free but i dont know anything about anything star wars. i want a red saber :(
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I didn't know anything about it prior to playing it. The only MMO that I've ever really taken the time to follow the story line of the character and enjoyed it as much for single player play, as multi-player. The class stories are excellent. Play a Merc/Powertech/Bounty Hunter.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

its one of those games im afraid ill throw on and itll be 2 days from now. plus i dunno anyone online..yet...

Return to “Other Games”