Employee Benefits

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Weasel
Reactions:

Employee Benefits

Post by Weasel »

Im going through some new-hire benefit paperwork and am realizing just how out of touch with the insurance/business aspect of medicine I really am. Question for anyone that would know (Corey?), when looking at my Health Insurance options what the hell is the difference between "Domestic Network" and "McLaren Health Advantage Network". Im confused because Ill be working at McLaren Greater Lansing, which I would imagine is included in the "Health Advantage Network" but I dont see why it wouldnt be considered domestic for me. Not that any of this shit really matters, Ive been to a doctor once (broken wrist from football) since my childhood immunizations.
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: Employee Benefits

Post by Weasel »

Nevermind, I figured dem shits out.

Sofa king confusing.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

my approach when it comes to health coverage was worst case scenario how much money am I out. Then I picked the plan that was very minimal, haha.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Glad I could help. :D

Need anything let me know, I won't charge you unlike Dave.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

whats this "health benefits" you speak of? I just go to the docs, get checked out, and go home.. oh and its free. :D .. sure we get taxed a ridiculous amount but meh
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:whats this "health benefits" you speak of? I just go to the docs, get checked out, and go home.. oh and its free. :D .. sure we get taxed a ridiculous amount but meh
It ain't free. :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nick wrote:whats this "health benefits" you speak of? I just go to the docs, get checked out, and go home.. oh and its free. :D .. sure we get taxed a ridiculous amount but meh

yeah to a 50% tax rate....

yipppeeeee
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Our VP of Revenue Management gave a presenation yesterday, pretty crazy stuff. The US spends something like more than twice as much than basically most or all other developed nations per person on healthcare, and we're not necessarily better at it than these other countries.

I think he used China or Japan as an example. In the US, we spends $4500 per year per person on healthcare. In Japan, they spend $1500, and yet our life expectancy is 78 and in Japan it's 81.

Weasel's fault!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:Our VP of Revenue Management gave a presenation yesterday, pretty crazy stuff. The US spends something like more than twice as much than basically most or all other developed nations per person on healthcare, and we're not necessarily better at it than these other countries.

I think he used China or Japan as an example. In the US, we spends $4500 per year per person on healthcare. In Japan, they spend $1500, and yet our life expectancy is 78 and in Japan it's 81.

Weasel's fault!
ya who didnt see that? America is the king of fast food and bad habits lol.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

nick wrote:
shel311 wrote:Our VP of Revenue Management gave a presenation yesterday, pretty crazy stuff. The US spends something like more than twice as much than basically most or all other developed nations per person on healthcare, and we're not necessarily better at it than these other countries.

Weasel's fault!
Says Nick as he puffs a doobie while eating All Dressed Chips with a 64oz Coke chaser.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:
nick wrote:

Weasel's fault!
Says Nick as he puffs a doobie while eating All Dressed Chips with a 64oz Coke chaser.
Beat me to it. :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm

Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9% (2009-2010)
Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight (and not obese): 33.3% (2009-2010)

combined = 69.2% !!!!! 7/10 american adults are overweight

Source: Health, United States, 2011, table 69 Adobe PDF file [PDF - 9.8 MB]

Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)

cannot believe you wondered why Americans spend more on health insurance and shit than Japanese :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRQvK2-iqQ[/youtube]

Carlin's American no? ..
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The doctor is confused by health insurance... is that irony or have we gotten to the point where everyone is confused by health insurance?
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

nick wrote:

Weasel's fault!
it's due to fraud more than anything else

Return to “Off Topic Forum”