Mac's heisman Watch (9-26-12) (edited)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Mac's heisman Watch (9-26-12) (edited)

Post by UclaMac »

Ok so I know its been a couple of weeks and I apologize I didnt keep up, but here we go....

1) Andrew Maxwell #0 (QB) | MSU
As far as qb's go Maxwell had the best season so far. I had Chelf as being the front runner but, Maxwell has really dominated late in the season. Statistically he has had one of the best completion percentages in the NDL. (77 percent) In his last 3 games he was 54 of 64 for 896 yards 11 td's and 4 int's. Plus Michigan State is playing in the rosebowl, so Maxwell should do well in Heisman voting.

2) Logan Thomas #3 (QB) | VT
AKA Mr. Efficiency. In a season where qb's are throwing picks like crazy Thomas has managed to only throw 4. Yes thats right only 4 picks and he has managed to throw 29 td passes! Combine that with VT's undefeated season so far and you have all the makings of a Heisman candidate. I still have him behind Maxwell only because I think Maxwell has done more for his team than Thomas. But I do think this currently is very close. VT has a huge national Championship game to play, and the outcome might vault Thomas into the Heisman.

3) Clint Chelf #0 (QB) | OKST
Being that he was the front runner in my book most of the year I really think late he kind of was a disapointment. Now I know he still had a great year and OK State is playing in the National Championship game. But unlike Maxwell his numbers dropped off in the later games. If you dont count his last game against Baylor, Chelf was 32 of 49 for 342 yards 2td's and 4 int's. He still finished this seaosn with a 76 precent completion percentage. I have him behind Maxwell currently, but there is still the bowl game to go and both of these guys should have decent days but we will see.

4) Stepfan Taylor #0 (HB) | STAN
Stanford had a great year, and did it most on the back of Taylor. Taylor lead all rb's in the categories of attempts, yards, and rac yards. He also averaged 6.32 yards per carry. The only thing that one can say about hurting his Heisman run is that Stanford didnt play in the Pac 12 conference game. Other than that he still has his bowl game to play, and I know Rock will be handing him the rock multiple times!

5) Johnathan Franklin #23 (HB) | UCLA
Near and dear to my heart of course is my boy Franklin. I dont consider him in front of either qb or Taylor but with a bowl game against Michigan State he still could impress voters. Franklin did lead all rb's in td's and had one of the longest runs for a td this year. Michigan State ranks 49th in the NDL at stopping the run, so possibly Franklin could rack up some nice yards. However news is around Pasadena, that Coach Mac might have a gameplan that is switching from heavy run to heavy pass and there might be a qb change coming???

So thats my 5 right now in the order I think that is how I would vote as of right now, but lets hear some talk about who you got and if I should add anyone??
Last edited by UclaMac on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Re: Mac's heisman Watch (9-26-12)

Post by Wasted Memory »

Great read, but not sure how you leave VT QB Logan Thomas off this list....

2837 Passing Yards for 29 TD's and only 4 INT's on 68% completion rate. He also added 4 rushing TD's. Oh...and he's playing in the National Championship game!
SuperJakeB
Reactions:

Post by SuperJakeB »

Chelf was on the sideline a lot in the later games :( Except for the Baylor game and the Oklahoma game which he got hurt ( so i guess that means he was on the sidelines hah) With all that being said I think it is a race between MSU's Maxwell, and VT's Thomas. A few running backs may be a surprise though.
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Wasted Memory wrote:Great read, but not sure how you leave VT QB Logan Thomas off this list....

2837 Passing Yards for 29 TD's and only 4 INT's on 68% completion rate. He also added 4 rushing TD's. Oh...and he's playing in the National Championship game!
Good call wasted I dont know how I missed him. I will do a final version once alot of the bowls are done, so look for that! But I will revise my post here in a few to add him where I think he should be.
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: Mac's heisman Watch (9-26-12) (edited)

Post by Weasel »

I had a couple awful games with Maxwell (see ND and Wisky), my vote goes to Thomas
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

this is bullshit!
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:this is bullshit!

Lol please dont hold back
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

UclaMac wrote:Ok so I know its been a couple of weeks and I apologize I didnt keep up, but here we go....

1) Andrew Maxwell #0 (QB) | MSU
As far as qb's go Maxwell had the best season so far. I had Chelf as being the front runner but, Maxwell has really dominated late in the season. Statistically he has had one of the best completion percentages in the NDL. (77 percent) In his last 3 games he was 54 of 64 for 896 yards 11 td's and 4 int's. Plus Michigan State is playing in the rosebowl, so Maxwell should do well in Heisman voting.

2) Logan Thomas #3 (QB) | VT
AKA Mr. Efficiency. In a season where qb's are throwing picks like crazy Thomas has managed to only throw 4. Yes thats right only 4 picks and he has managed to throw 29 td passes! Combine that with VT's undefeated season so far and you have all the makings of a Heisman candidate. I still have him behind Maxwell only because I think Maxwell has done more for his team than Thomas. But I do think this currently is very close. VT has a huge national Championship game to play, and the outcome might vault Thomas into the Heisman.

3) Clint Chelf #0 (QB) | OKST
Being that he was the front runner in my book most of the year I really think late he kind of was a disapointment. Now I know he still had a great year and OK State is playing in the National Championship game. But unlike Maxwell his numbers dropped off in the later games. If you dont count his last game against Baylor, Chelf was 32 of 49 for 342 yards 2td's and 4 int's. He still finished this seaosn with a 76 precent completion percentage. I have him behind Maxwell currently, but there is still the bowl game to go and both of these guys should have decent days but we will see.

4) Stepfan Taylor #0 (HB) | STAN
Stanford had a great year, and did it most on the back of Taylor. Taylor lead all rb's in the categories of attempts, yards, and rac yards. He also averaged 6.32 yards per carry. The only thing that one can say about hurting his Heisman run is that Stanford didnt play in the Pac 12 conference game. Other than that he still has his bowl game to play, and I know Rock will be handing him the rock multiple times!

5) Johnathan Franklin #23 (HB) | UCLA
Near and dear to my heart of course is my boy Franklin. I dont consider him in front of either qb or Taylor but with a bowl game against Michigan State he still could impress voters. Franklin did lead all rb's in td's and had one of the longest runs for a td this year. Michigan State ranks 49th in the NDL at stopping the run, so possibly Franklin could rack up some nice yards. However news is around Pasadena, that Coach Mac might have a gameplan that is switching from heavy run to heavy pass and there might be a qb change coming???

So thats my 5 right now in the order I think that is how I would vote as of right now, but lets hear some talk about who you got and if I should add anyone??

How about QB Ryan Radcliffe for Central Michigan?
He has the most yards and the most TD's by a QB, The only QB to throw for over 4000 yards and has 43 TD's yet he does not make the list?
And he is not in the top 10 for the most INT's?

And I agree with VVV.
HB Malcolm Brown is 2nd in RB's for yards this season and is 4th in TD's. He has 18 less carries and 215 more yards then your HB Johnathan Franklin and he doesn't make the list?

Personally, I don't care, none of my guys are even close to be in the running...just stirring the pot a little! :D
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

I ill take a look, trust me i'm not saying my list is the end all be all lol
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

UclaMac wrote:I ill take a look, trust me i'm not saying my list is the end all be all lol
Again, just pulling your chain.
It is a fun read to get other people's perspective on things.

Good write up.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

My boy seastrunk had a great overall year rushing, receiving, and special teams but in the end its either chelf or thomas IMO

Return to “NDL:ESPN”