NDL:L - Format Discussion

A fast-paced NCAA league for those in the NDL looking to get some extra games in.

Moderator: ReignOnU

ReignOnU
Reactions:

NDL:L - Format Discussion

Post by ReignOnU »

I've put a poll up to vote in for the level of teams.

Other things we'll need to finalize in the coming days are the number of teams (24/32), championship format (2 divisions, top 2 meet; 4/8 team playoff; bowl games), stats required or not (I'm willing to do a full AA team if we want to keep them).

EDIT: 2 more items - Draft setup (maybe just do a submitted list and announce teams is the easiest); When do we start (I'm free all weekend!) :mrgreen: :-)

Bring up anything else you might be able to think of. Obviously game play rules are the same as the NDL.
Last edited by ReignOnU on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: ReignOnU
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: NDL:L - Format Discussion

Post by Weasel »

Honestly Id rather not bother with stats, I like the idea of just getting extra games in without the hassle. With regards to team # or playoff, I was never in the Lightning league before so I cant really comment
huskerskev84
Reactions:

Post by huskerskev84 »

I'd prefer stats. At the least maybe could do away with some of the less tedious stats (kicking, punting, KR, PR). If we don't do stats, no reason whatsoever to pay for leaguedaddy though. We could just post the results in a forum thread and have a few people designated to update records.
tig5165
Reactions:

Post by tig5165 »

yeah it don't matter to me about stats....we can have them or not....Only thing is if you don't have stats then really no real reason for LD...I am cool whichever way...
Most nights from 6-8 pm eastern I can run
AIM: tig5165 (sometimes people say that can't see me on AIM if so just email me as it goes right to my phone)
PSN tag: tiger5165
masstiger5165@yahoo.com
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

Stats or no stats were still playing games so I'm cool with both. I was thinking of maybe 32 teams. seeing we have 35 people already on the list 32 would work easily. and have the top 16 play in a tournament and the bottom 16 play in an NIT type tournament as well. Allows for everyone to continue playing. Since that's what we are doing this league for. Waiting for playoffs to end if you don't make it would just kill the chance of another season for me.
AIM: brett11253
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

brett11253 wrote:Stats or no stats were still playing games so I'm cool with both. I was thinking of maybe 32 teams. seeing we have 35 people already on the list 32 would work easily. and have the top 16 play in a tournament and the bottom 16 play in an NIT type tournament as well. Allows for everyone to continue playing. Since that's what we are doing this league for. Waiting for playoffs to end if you don't make it would just kill the chance of another season for me.
Nice idea, let's see what others think.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Going to throw this out there and see what you guys think. If I setup LD for 1 month, that gives us about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to play the regular season, then 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for playoffs. A 16 team playoff means 4 rounds that would need to be played sequentially. (Unless we just handled the playoffs on the message board)

As for start timing... something else I'd like to toss around:

If we can get 32 confirmed, I can post a draft order fairly quick and then if I had the draft lists by Sat. @ Noon, I could open the league Sat night or Sun morning. So this could all happen pretty fast if everyone is interested in that.
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

Playoffs could easily be done on the boards if you really wanted to get LD we could just use that for the reg season. Gives up alittle more time if needed.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

ReignOnU wrote:Going to throw this out there and see what you guys think. If I setup LD for 1 month, that gives us about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to play the regular season, then 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for playoffs. A 16 team playoff means 4 rounds that would need to be played sequentially. (Unless we just handled the playoffs on the message board)

As for start timing... something else I'd like to toss around:

If we can get 32 confirmed, I can post a draft order fairly quick and then if I had the draft lists by Sat. @ Noon, I could open the league Sat night or Sun morning. So this could all happen pretty fast if everyone is interested in that.

I would be down if I get confirmed
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

also fyi

32 teams is was what i went with last time

sucked some didnt get in but it made it easy to replace guys who werent playing

BIGGEST/BEST thing about it is taking the EXACT NFL schedule and simply plugging it into LD

...but that was using the full 16 game / 17 week season....which may be why we didnt finish last time :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Nole4real wrote:also fyi

32 teams is was what i went with last time

sucked some didnt get in but it made it easy to replace guys who werent playing

BIGGEST/BEST thing about it is taking the EXACT NFL schedule and simply plugging it into LD

...but that was using the full 16 game / 17 week season....which may be why we didnt finish last time :lol:
Yeah, I'm pretty torn on this because we have A LOT of people that are wanting to keep playing. So I'd definitely love to hear more conversation on this. Initially talking with Brett, we'd try to get everyone in (would probably have to keep it in blocks of 4) and then if we played a 2nd season, cut out the slackers.

I'd really hope that 3 seasons through the game, that the only people that are interested are the guys that KNOW they can get 12 games in, in 3, maybe 4 weeks. It seems easy in principle, but you should be able to judge it by your general availability and if you've fallen behind much in our regular seasons.

For the schedule, I was just going to use a standard format. Break the conferences up after the teams are picked. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love to play as many different coaches as I can.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Nole - Do you remember about how many guys you had that fell off and didn't get their games in? If it's just in the 2-3 range, I think we're ok taking as many as we can in multiples of 4. If it was a larger problem, then maybe we should go with a wait list.
brett11253
Reactions:

Post by brett11253 »

I like the idea with going with as many as we can get. If we have to we can always rearrange things if needed. I don't see too many people dropping out.
huskerskev84
Reactions:

Post by huskerskev84 »

Yea I would hope that very few fall out. I understand things come up, but in general, I think by now guys would know if they will want and be able to get their games in.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Looking to confirm the 24, 28 or 32 teams involved by noon(ish) tomorrow. (maybe even tonight, I've sent out a PM to a few guys that might have overlooked this)

Draft order will be reverse order of overall career record (including this season at the time I pull the records).

Likely going to be B and under teams, but we'll let a few more votes in until we're closer to a majority decision.

Starting thinking about your draft list now. (or if you want, make it)
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

I like the 16 team tpurny for top and bottom. As for stats i dont mind them mayb no kicking punting prs or kr or blocking.

Return to “NDL: Lightning”