Update on my situation.

Out of the Park Baseball League

Moderators: TheGobOne, Cnasty, Ry, nick

Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Update on my situation.

Post by Davie_Leggz »

As some of you already know I have had health issues in the past, but most of you don't really know my situation so I thought I'd let everyone know. When some of you guys try to send me a message and I don't get back to you right away, it's probably because I'm in the ER.

I have an intestinal illness called Crohns Disease. Basically I have an infection in my intestine and it causes the bowel to swell up thus narrowing the passage where food passes through, resulting in a blockage and severe pain and nausea. It sucks.

I'm not posting this for sympathy, I don't want to make people feel bad for me. I have had this half my life so I have learned to deal with it. I just wanted to post this so if someone messages me and I don't respond right away you know it's probably because I'm sick as all hell.

For the guys that have sent me trade offers, I have been mulling over them the last day and I plan on getting back to you today.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and good luck to all this coming season! (With the exception of Cookeville, Winterfell, Steel City and Indy) ;)

Also, if anyone wants to ask me anything at all about this disease or whatever feel free to, I have no problem talking about my illness.
Ry
Reactions:

Re: Update on my situation.

Post by Ry »

Hey Dave

I also have the same disease, it can be exhausting. I wish you the best on your struggle.I've had it my whole lifel, if you have any questions as well about managing and or remission let me know.
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

BigRy wrote:Hey Dave

I also have the same disease, it can be exhausting. I wish you the best on your struggle.I've had it my whole lifel, if you have any questions as well about managing and or remission let me know.
Thanks man it's nice to know there is somebody that I can talk to that can completely relate to what I'm going through. I hope you have the disease under control right now. I'm currently on prednizone (makes me all puffy) and humira, I've had 4 injections so far so I'm hoping to see an improvement soon.

I will definitely stay in touch for when I need someone to talk to lol. Thanks again man.
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

Hey Dave,

Seeing our son battle his intestinal issues I can understand the battle you are going through. Positive prayers and thoughts from our family to you.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

And I thought my Irritable Bowel Syndrome was an inconvenience.

What kind of treatments are available for Crohns Disease? Is it only medication or is there surgeries that can help? Do you have to maintain a certain diet to help with flare ups or symptoms?
ImageImageImage
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

steelcitychaos wrote:Hey Dave,

Seeing our son battle his intestinal issues I can understand the battle you are going through. Positive prayers and thoughts from our family to you.
Thank you so much man! Stomach issues are never a fun thing for patients and parents alike. I know when I was a young teen with the illness my mother spent countless nights by my bedside in hospital while I just moaned in pain for hours. Thoughts and prayers to your little guy as well! If you ever want to talk about the illness you now know you have Ry and myself. I was diagnosed with the illness when I was 15 and I'm turning 32 on Sunday. (For anyone wondering)
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i hope you can get a little bit of an outlet by getting caught up in the immersion that is NDLOOTP. You're an awesome guy to have in the league so i hope you enjoy being here as much as we like having you.

feel better bro
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

GeorgesGoons wrote:And I thought my Irritable Bowel Syndrome was an inconvenience.

What kind of treatments are available for Crohns Disease? Is it only medication or is there surgeries that can help? Do you have to maintain a certain diet to help with flare ups or symptoms?
Irritable Bowel is in the same category and definitely sucks! Generally they try to treat the disease with different medications to keep it under control and keep the flare ups to a minimum. I was on medication for the first 10 years with the disease with some success. However eventually the meds stopped working and the disease spread throughout my entire colon. I then needed a couple surgeries with the last one being the removal of my entire colon. That was back in 2011, and it left me with a permanent ostomy bag, which I have no problem with at all. I was disease free after the surgery for about 4 years and late last year the disease came back in my small bowel. So now I have to undergo treatments to keep it under control. I may need more surgeries in the future but that is always a last resort thing.

Usually with Crohns disease you need to stay away from things that are hard to digest, things like corn or wheat. Also any fruits with skin can be hazardous. However since I had my colon completely removed my doc says I can eat just about anything I can tolerate. The only things I really stay away from are spicy food and alcohol because that's what tends to cause flare up for me. Diets can be different depending on the patient.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Davie_Leggz wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:And I thought my Irritable Bowel Syndrome was an inconvenience.

Irritable Bowel is in the same category and definitely sucks! Generally they try to treat the disease with different medications to keep it under control and keep the flare ups to a minimum. I was on medication for the first 10 years with the disease with some success. However eventually the meds stopped working and the disease spread throughout my entire colon. I then needed a couple surgeries with the last one being the removal of my entire colon. That was back in 2011, and it left me with a permanent ostomy bag, which I have no problem with at all. I was disease free after the surgery for about 4 years and late last year the disease came back in my small bowel. So now I have to undergo treatments to keep it under control. I may need more surgeries in the future but that is always a last resort thing.

Usually with Crohns disease you need to stay away from things that are hard to digest, things like corn or wheat. Also any fruits with skin can be hazardous. However since I had my colon completely removed my doc says I can eat just about anything I can tolerate. The only things I really stay away from are spicy food and alcohol because that's what tends to cause flare up for me. Diets can be different depending on the patient.
When I finally went to the doctors about the IBS I was tested for Crohns disease as well.
ImageImageImage
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

DRiccio21 wrote:i hope you can get a little bit of an outlet by getting caught up in the immersion that is NDLOOTP. You're an awesome guy to have in the league so i hope you enjoy being here as much as we like having you.

feel better bro
Thanks Dave that really means a lot to me.

Honestly, reading the message boards really cheers me up when I'm feeling like crap. The banter between some of you guys cracks me up. Even though I don't post often ( I should post more), I'm still reading everything and I usually getting a kick out of it lol.

This is one of the best communities I have ever been around, you guys do more for me than you even know.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You are a great asset to the league and you probably want to ignore all trade offers for a while as your team is stacked and set to take over that division soon. :)

As always, if you ever need me to step in to help or make adjustments for you I am just a PM or text away.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Davie_Leggz wrote:
DRiccio21 wrote:i hope you can get a little bit of an outlet by getting caught up in the immersion that is NDLOOTP. You're an awesome guy to have in the league so i hope you enjoy being here as much as we like having you.

feel better bro
Thanks Dave that really means a lot to me.

Honestly, reading the message boards really cheers me up when I'm feeling like crap. The banter between some of you guys cracks me up. Even though I don't post often ( I should post more), I'm still reading everything and I usually getting a kick out of it lol.

This is one of the best communities I have ever been around, you guys do more for me than you even know.

I wish you the best and I do a +1 on what Riccio stated. You are a great guy to have in the league.
Best of luck in getting everything under control.

And like Corey, I am always around to help if you need anything.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

Thanks so much fellas. Your support really means a lot to me. :)
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Take care, don't worry about the league, it'll be here when you need it. Oh and thank you for being in the NL!
Last edited by Uuaww on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Wish you the best of luck during this time and in the future...please get better, and please take out the Cocksville's team please (not a misspelling)..... :) :lol:
Last edited by BlackRain on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Damn man that's more than I'd be willing to deal with on a day to day basis so props to you, Ry, and George for having to deal with stomach/intestinal issues. And no alcohol and spicy food eliminates all the good stuff :shock: ;)
Last edited by DRWebs on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

Uuaww wrote:Take care, don't worry about the league, it'll be here when you need it. Oh and thank you for being in the NL!
Yeah I tried to stay far away from you when choosing my division. You're like a damn wizard when it comes to building a team!
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Davie_Leggz wrote:
Uuaww wrote:Take care, don't worry about the league, it'll be here when you need it. Oh and thank you for being in the NL!
Yeah I tried to stay far away from you when choosing my division. You're like a damn wizard when it comes to building a team!
haha thanks. not bad for a guy who hasn't watched a full baseball game in his life.
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

DRWebs wrote:Damn man that's more than I'd be willing to deal with one a day to day basis so props to you, Ry, and George for having to deal with stomach/intestinal issues. And no alcohol and spicy food eliminates all the good stuff :shock: ;)
The alcohol part really sucks. I was never huge on spicy food anyway.

I can get away with one drink usually, but with every drink I have I'm basically playing russian roulette with my stomach.
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

BlackRain wrote:Wish you the best of luck during this time and in the future...please get better, and please take out the Cocksville's team please (not a mispelling)..... :) :lol:
Hahaha! You got it man!

And thanks for the kind words. :)

Return to “Old OOTP Baseball”