Trade Thread

Moderator: I_S33M_THAB33T_U

jsence2
Reactions:

Re: Trade Thread

Post by jsence2 »

After talking to Reign a bit, I adjusted how I'm looking at trades. I think this one will be viewed as fine both for a "three year" league, and even more so for a longer-term league

Braves send:

SP Michael Wacha--86 overall, 22 years old, B potential
2B Howie Kendrick--83 ovr, 30 years old, B potential
CL M. Lindstrom--77 ovr, 34 years old, B potential

Marlins send:

SP CC Sabathia--88 ovr, 33 years old, B potential
CL S. Cishek--84 ovr, 27 years old, B potential
2B Alex Guerrero--80 ovr, 27 years old, B potential

Why, if I were the Marlins, I would take this trade: First, I get a SP who is almost as good as Sabathia but is ELEVEN years younger. I downgrade at closer but I upgrade at 2B in terms of getting a better hitter and a similarly gifted defender. While I would be giving up the higher "overall" in two of the three spots, the gain of a much younger SP with room to grow--whereas the one I have now is going to regress--makes it worth the short term loss, seeing as Wacha will likely be at or above Sabathia's level within two seasons.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

jsence2 wrote:After talking to Reign a bit, I adjusted how I'm looking at trades. I think this one will be viewed as fine both for a "three year" league, and even more so for a longer-term league

Braves send:

Marlins send:

Why, if I were the Marlins, I would take this trade: First, I get a SP who is almost as good as Sabathia but is ELEVEN years younger. I downgrade at closer but I upgrade at 2B in terms of getting a better hitter and a similarly gifted defender. While I would be giving up the higher "overall" in two of the three spots, the gain of a much younger SP with room to grow--whereas the one I have now is going to regress--makes it worth the short term loss, seeing as Wacha will likely be at or above Sabathia's level within two seasons.
I think the Braves are getting the slight advantage in the deal, but I think it's a solid trade. Sabathia could hold steady or could start to plummet, so they are taking on some risk, while Wacha is basically a lock to be an 88-89 OVR stud. Guerrero isn't very likely to end up much better than Kendrick, if at all, and Kendrick is at the point where he should hold his value for the immediate future. So that leaves the difference between the 2 closers and with the risk assumed in the SP deal and the fairly even swap of 2b, I think is enough to consider it good to go.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

jsence2 wrote:After talking to Reign a bit, I adjusted how I'm looking at trades. I think this one will be viewed as fine both for a "three year" league, and even more so for a longer-term league

Braves send:

Marlins send:

So much for talking to me about trading for M. Wacha.
I would have given you Justin Masterson too.
You impatient bastard!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Apparently Niddler vetoes your deal. :-)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

No, I approve it.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

The_Niddler wrote:

Braves send:

Marlins send:

So much for talking to me about trading for M. Wacha.
I would have given you Justin Masterson too.
You impatient bastard!

:lol:

As I explained to him this morning, I really needed to upgrade at closer, and I wasn't gonna try to pay the price to get his new stud he got :lol:

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

As FYI to everyone, if you are on the website, not sure if it is the exact same links in the game, but on the franchise home page, there is a Franchise Events section and a Franchise Events link.
The link will show you which trades did and did not go through.

May help instead of looking at the Trades completed area where they all show as completed.
We can use this to ensure that people do not accept trades with CPU teams after their 2 trade limit has been reached.

Here are some examples:
Date Event
May 21 A trade offer between the Braves and the Marlins has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
May 21 The Dodgers have beaten the Diamondbacks 4-2.
May 21 The Diamondbacks have beaten the Dodgers 4-3.
May 21 A trade between the Indians and the White Sox was successful.
May 21 A trade between the Braves and the Marlins was NOT successful.
May 20 A trade offer between the Indians and the White Sox has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
May 20 A trade offer between the Indians and the Rockies has been terminated due to the acceptance of a conflicting trade.
May 20 A trade has been proposed by the Indians to the Rockies.
May 20 A trade between the Indians and the Orioles was successful.
May 20 A trade offer between the Indians and the Orioles has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
May 20 A trade offer between the Braves and the Marlins has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
May 20 A trade between the Indians and the Orioles was NOT successful.
May 20 A trade between the Royals and the Mariners was NOT successful.
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Yankees send

SP Rick Porcello 25-76-B
OF Vernon Wells 35-74-C

Tigers send

2B Jed Gyorko 25-78-B
RP Alfredo Aceves 31-74-C

Tigers need and are asking for SP. Porcello moves into their 4/5. Yanks get a 2B same age, ovr range, and potential. A couple of old has-beens but I need a long relief guy back as I was using Porcello there.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Bernie32 wrote:Yankees send

SP Rick Porcello 25-76-B
OF Vernon Wells 35-74-C

Tigers send

2B Jed Gyorko 25-78-B
RP Alfredo Aceves 31-74-C

Tigers need and are asking for SP. Porcello moves into their 4/5. Yanks get a 2B same age, ovr range, and potential. A couple of old has-beens but I need a long relief guy back as I was using Porcello there.
Good to go in my book.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Ok, I think Reign has said this before but when trading with the CPU. It should either be in there favor or even at best.

Again Jason you gain in ever postion you are trading for, And again you are trading Sp for SP, CL for CL and 2B for 2B. This shit does not happen. I am beyond tired of seing this kinda deal go through.

But I will accept it, and say THANK FUCKING GOD you cant trade any more.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Ok, I think Reign has said this before but when trading with the CPU. It should either be in there favor or even at best.

Again Jason you gain in ever postion you are trading for, And again you are trading Sp for SP, CL for CL and 2B for 2B. This shit does not happen. I am beyond tired of seing this kinda deal go through.

You obviously can't do math :roll:

1) I gave up 83 ovr 2B, I got 80 ovr 2B. The 2B I got can't hit, but can field a tiny bit better and is a bit more durable. The one I gave up is a MUCH better hitter. So please explain how I won this position?

2) I gave up an 86 ovr, TWENTY TWO YEAR OLD SP for an 88 ovr, THIRTY THREE YEAR OLD SP. Not sure how much you follow baseball, but ask any GM worth their salt which one they want going forward, they're gonna take the 22 year old any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sure, my new SP will be better this year, but next year? Probably not. Two years from now? Definately not.

3) I won the closer swap, which is what I wanted. But I got an 84 ovr closer, not a 90 overall.

It's amazing how the other two saw this as an even deal and you act like I somehow screwed over the computer.

As for trading "positions for positions", the game has this thing called "roster composition" that it looks at. You usually have to trade like-for-like unless they have guys they can move around. Got a problem w it? Take it up with Sony.

I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

jsence2 wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Ok, I think Reign has said this before but when trading with the CPU. It should either be in there favor or even at best.

As for trading "positions for positions", the game has this thing called "roster composition" that it looks at. You usually have to trade like-for-like unless they have guys they can move around. Got a problem w it? Take it up with Sony.

No where in any of this did I see Niddler say it was good. Reign was the only 1 to ok it really.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Rockies Send

SP - Patrick Corbin, 24 yrs old, 87 ovr, B pot
SP - Jake Odorizzi, 23 yrs old, 73 ovr, B pot
RF - Oswaldo Arcia, 22 yrs old, 72 ovr, C pot

Mets Send

LF - Yoenis Cespedes, 28 yrs old, 88 ovr, B pot
RP - Alfredo FIfaro, 29 yrs old, 73 ovr, D pot

The Mets are very very old in SP and Corbin would step in and be their #2 right away allowing them to move Mike Leake(77 ovr) back into the bullpen. Haren(33 yrs old),Arroyo(37 yrs old) and Vargas(31 yrs old) are all 80 overall's. This gives them 2 solid young SP's to work with along with a young OF.

SO all around they get younger and more SP depth, While I gain a much needed upgrade in the OF and a arm out of the pen although not great. In game the CPU is getting a 5 point swing in there favor.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Rockies Send

Mets Send

The Mets are very very old in SP and Corbin would step in and be their #2 right away allowing them to move Mike Leake(77 ovr) back into the bullpen. Haren(33 yrs old),Arroyo(37 yrs old) and Vargas(31 yrs old) are all 80 overall's. This gives them 2 solid young SP's to work with along with a young OF.

SO all around they get younger and more SP depth, While I gain a much needed upgrade in the OF and a arm out of the pen although not great. In game the CPU is getting a 5 point swing in there favor.
Looks good to me. I approve.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:[No where in any of this did I see Niddler say it was good. Reign was the only 1 to ok it really.

Umm......
The_Niddler wrote:No, I approve it.

And I do understand what jsence is saying. I have had a few trades I was working on where they said no due to roster composition.
It was a close deal.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ReignOnU wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Rockies Send

Mets Send

Looks good to me. I approve.

+1
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Just posting this since we are only allowing 2 CPU trades that come from us, But are allowing CPU offers to go through. Still should post them. But I am going to take this offer from them.

CPU has offered me

Phillies Send

SP - Ervin Santana - 31 yrs old, 84 ovr, B pot

Rockies Send

C - J. Lopes, 24 yrs old, 68 ovr, C pot
LF - N. Howery, 18 yrs old, 61 ovr, B pot
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Wait, so you are allowing us to offer 2 trades with the CPU, but allowing us to approve any trades that the CPU offers to us, even if we have already traded 2 times with the CPU?

And there is no ruling on this?
Just curious why we are being so strict on the trades we make with the CPU, but we are allowed to approve anything they offer to us?

I am curious because your first post mentions none of this and leads people to believe we are allowed 2 per season with the CPU total!

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Ok THis is where you will post your offers.

Going to use Niddlers theory here and only allow 2 trades per season. This is CPU trades

All Human - Human trades are unlimited until the trade deadline, But will also go through the committee before being approved.

The committee will go over each trade before it is finalized, And this 1 will be alot more strict to what you are giving up and getting.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

The_Niddler wrote:Wait, so you are allowing us to offer 2 trades with the CPU, but allowing us to approve any trades that the CPU offers to us, even if we have already traded 2 times with the CPU?

And there is no ruling on this?
Just curious why we are being so strict on the trades we make with the CPU, but we are allowed to approve anything they offer to us?

I am curious because your first post mentions none of this and leads people to believe we are allowed 2 per season with the CPU total!

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:Ok THis is where you will post your offers.

Going to use Niddlers theory here and only allow 2 trades per season. This is CPU trades

All Human - Human trades are unlimited until the trade deadline, But will also go through the committee before being approved.

The committee will go over each trade before it is finalized, And this 1 will be alot more strict to what you are giving up and getting.

I've declined mult trades from the CPU for this reason

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Same here. Even if we did have them, I wouldn't take some of their ridiculous (in my favor) offers.

Return to “Ryan's Fantasy Franchise”