i suck

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

i suck

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Played the demo to see if I wanted this and WOW I suck. I had two shots on goal in the three or four matches I played. I lost every game at least 3-0. Was really hoping that I liked this game because I was going to buy it.
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: i suck

Post by cougnix »

I tried 13 and was the same George.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote:I tried 13 and was the same George.
Do you have 14? If so are you any better and how is the learning curve?
ImageImageImage
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

No I couldn't spend time learning so I decided FIFA wasn't good for my blood pressure and remotes safety.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

George, hit me up this weekend and I'll give you a crash course

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

The best way I can explain FIFA is that it is very easy to become average/slightly good at it and very, very hard to become great.
PSN: ReignOnU
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

i went to my cousins yesterday and was blown away by the graphics on the ps4 compared ot the ps3. wow.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:The best way I can explain FIFA is that it is very easy to become average/slightly good at it and very, very hard to become great.

Just like any game, it takes a lot of playing time and you have to lean some of the tougher tactics. That said, having someone show you a lot of the smaller things helps a huge amount. I spent like two hours w Shel a few years ago, and he went from a bad player to a really good player. There's a lot of things about the game that don't come in the "buttons" or the manual that help a ton.

Don't give up after the demo, George. your teams are limited on there and the gameplay is different.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote: I spent like two hours w Shel a few years ago, and he went from a bad player to a really good player.
Maybe it's my old age, but I just can't get the skill moves down, so I have no 1 on 1 moves, gotta focus solely on team ball, passing.

I used to at least have that R stick flick for the knocok on that I felt I was really good with to get around guys, but that doesn't work either, is there another way to do that?
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

plasma1896 wrote:i went to my cousins yesterday and was blown away by the graphics on the ps4 compared ot the ps3. wow.

Could not agree more. And to add the game is way smoother and overall a better game for whatever reason.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

3 move arsenal ftw!

These are the set directions, if you use that controller facing, then it's Up/Forward and Down/Backward.

#1 - Heel to Heel
LT + Right Stick U, D (quick succession)
**This movement kicks the ball forward quite a bit and is best used by a player with more space to blow by his opponent in the open field or to kick start for a quick burst of speed.

#2 - Roulette (Spin Move)
LT + from Right Stick counter-clockwise D to U
**Go to 1v1 move in open field. Easy enough to remember as the 2nd open field move. You can roll it counter-clockwise left or right of the opponent, based on which side you'd like to go around them on as well. This is great for getting a nice open angle for a shot, or to setup a pass.

#3 - Ronaldo Chop
Note: There is more than 1 way to do this, I prefer the shot fake version.
LT + Shoot button, Pass button quickly after, use Right Stick in any of the following directions to designate direction (U, L, R, NW, NW, SE, SW)
**This is mostly seen just inside of the box, however, I've found that you can use it pretty effectively from outside of the box to quickly change directions and setup a better angle/passing lane or even a cross.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

jsence2 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:The best way I can explain FIFA is that it is very easy to become average/slightly good at it and very, very hard to become great.

Just like any game, it takes a lot of playing time and you have to lean some of the tougher tactics. That said, having someone show you a lot of the smaller things helps a huge amount. I spent like two hours w Shel a few years ago, and he went from a bad player to a really good player. There's a lot of things about the game that don't come in the "buttons" or the manual that help a ton.

Don't give up after the demo, George. your teams are limited on there and the gameplay is different.

I have been playing the skills challenges to learn more and now I really enjoy it more.
Didn't really take but one evening of playing them just to gain a better understanding.
Now I will enjoy playing some games against you all.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Soccer”