Fantasy Football Drafts

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Fantasy Football Drafts

Post by Wasted Memory »

So we're trying to come up with some new idea's for our league this year and came up with this idea. Thought I'd see what some of you guys do as well and maybe try to work some of them in.

Anyway, this year we're going to have a scavenger hunt for eggs with numbers in them for the draft position. Members will be given the same clue list on a Friday and then have about a week and a half to find an egg which will be hidden throughout town (small town). Each member will also be given a piece of paper that states "This Number Has Been Claimed". When they find an egg, if they're happy with the number they will switch it out with their paper. Obviously they'll have to keep their mouth shut that they found one until draft day. If they don't like the number they can leave it and keep looking for a better one.

Some clues will be harder than others but not so hard that they can't be found or will outright embarrass someone so bad they don't want to do it.

Anybody else got some good idea's or suggestions to add to this one?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: Fantasy Football Drafts

Post by DRiccio21 »

strippers
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Wasted Memory wrote:So we're trying to come up with some new idea's for our league this year and came up with this idea. Thought I'd see what some of you guys do as well and maybe try to work some of them in.

Anyway, this year we're going to have a scavenger hunt for eggs with numbers in them for the draft position. Members will be given the same clue list on a Friday and then have about a week and a half to find an egg which will be hidden throughout town (small town). Each member will also be given a piece of paper that states "This Number Has Been Claimed". When they find an egg, if they're happy with the number they will switch it out with their paper. Obviously they'll have to keep their mouth shut that they found one until draft day. If they don't like the number they can leave it and keep looking for a better one.

Some clues will be harder than others but not so hard that they can't be found or will outright embarrass someone so bad they don't want to do it.

Anybody else got some good idea's or suggestions to add to this one?
Seems like a lot of fucking work for fantasy football. :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

These:

Not these:

Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

:lol:
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Try an auction draft. After doing that I will never go back to a standard draft. So much strategy.
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

We deal cards to define draft order. First 4 rounds are auction. The person with the first pick in the draft selects the player and then everyone else gets to place a bid (each manager has $100 play money) if they want he player or if they want to just drive the price up. After the 4th round is over, the draft goes to normal snake mode.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:These:

Not these:

Those are so 2000, get with the times:

Either these:
A buddy of mine used paper plates similar to these recently at a party. He said it was nice to be able to walk around holding his beer and plate in one hand.

PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

\thread
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

BIGmike wrote: Seems like a lot of fucking work for fantasy football. :lol:
It is a little bit of work, but we always try to do something different every year. Ran this by everyone else in the league and they're really looking forward to it.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

texasfan4444 wrote:Image

\thread
That episode was hilarious. Child please!!
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

Last year I found a random royal rumble VHS at a garage sale, so everybody was randomly assigned a wrestler and order of elimination determined draft order. Food, beer, royal rumble...this idea was made for BFiVL.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

damn, now im gonna have to go on youtube and start watching some old royal rumbles :( .. the one HBK put 1 foot down but survived i lost my mind
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Joining a league for the first time since being a freshman in college. At that point I had to stop because it pretty much consumed me and I knew Id fall behind on schoolwork. Should be interesting to see if much has changed in the FF world
packsyD22
Reactions:

Post by packsyD22 »

nick wrote:damn, now im gonna have to go on youtube and start watching some old royal rumbles :( .. the one HBK put 1 foot down but survived i lost my mind
You can find this match on Netflix. I have been watching a lot of the wrestling shows/movies they have on Netflix lately......
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

packsyD22 wrote:
nick wrote:damn, now im gonna have to go on youtube and start watching some old royal rumbles :( .. the one HBK put 1 foot down but survived i lost my mind
You can find this match on Netflix. I have been watching a lot of the wrestling shows/movies they have on Netflix lately......
Planning to make a splash as Kid Packsy in WWE?
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

write teams names on a ping pong ball. hire a hooker to shoot the balls out of her vagina into a tray with #s on it and there goes your draft order. nobody will ever forget that draft
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I'm obviously hanging out with the wrong people....
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Wasted Memory wrote:I'm obviously hanging out with the wrong people....
+1 :lol:
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

Weasel wrote:Joining a league for the first time since being a freshman in college. At that point I had to stop because it pretty much consumed me and I knew Id fall behind on schoolwork. Should be interesting to see if much has changed in the FF world

Easy money.....

Return to “Off Topic Forum”