Golfer Level

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Golfer Level

Post by Cnasty »

Downing11 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Should we not be worrying about workability since that is something done manually or is it something like spin where even though we have it shut off it still affects something?
Workability only will come into play if you intentionally try to draw or fade the ball. The higher the workability rating, the further left and right you can move the ball. Personally, I don't bother with it at all and just hit the ball straight 99.9% of the time.
Shit.

Should have asked earlier as I wasted a lot of points on that. Can you go back and remove points to allocate somewhere else?

Wishful thinking
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

You can move your points about as you please. Take all your points away from workability if you want.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

OracleHCR wrote:You can move your points about as you please. Take all your points away from workability if you want.
Sweeeeeeeeet.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Workability is pretty worthless. I can't even do the swing right to do it.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Not sure what kind of settings i was on, but the only time i tried a quick 9 holes, I could never get it to where everything was straight on and I would swing normal.

There was always a slight draw, and if I moved it just slightly, it would jump to a slight fade, so i could never get it centered, so every shot I hit, I had to do it at that weird angle on the analog.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

shel311 wrote:Not sure what kind of settings i was on, but the only time i tried a quick 9 holes, I could never get it to where everything was straight on and I would swing normal.

There was always a slight draw, and if I moved it just slightly, it would jump to a slight fade, so i could never get it centered, so every shot I hit, I had to do it at that weird angle on the analog.
I personally think as your guy gets better that tends to go away. I had to do that when i was really low as well.

I like that its actually a little more difficult in that aspect than previous versions.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

shel311 wrote:Not sure what kind of settings i was on, but the only time i tried a quick 9 holes, I could never get it to where everything was straight on and I would swing normal.

Sounds like you were on the advanced shot shaping option. Change it to normal and you should be able to hit it straight. Swinging on an angle would only be used for intentionally trying to cut or draw the ball.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Downing11 wrote:

Sounds like you were on the advanced shot shaping option. Change it to normal and you should be able to hit it straight. Swinging on an angle would only be used for intentionally trying to cut or draw the ball.
cool. Yea, that sounds right, i did mess with a lot of the settings.

I actualy like it though, the straight up and down swing can be a bit easy. This advanced shot shaping may be a solid option for my offline career mode.

Thanks man.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

autiger730 wrote:It is a level, not overall.
Ugh. When I saw 45, that was my attribute max. My level is 3. :?

I imported my guy from last year, it said it imported correctly, but I really don't think it did.

Ah well, we'll be grinding it out for a while lol. I just played the TPC Louisiana course at +15, my first full 18 holes. I guess that isn't that bad since my guy could barely reach the fairway on some holes, and I kept the shot shaping on advanced to get the multiplier up there.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Shel, you probably have the XP to level him up higher, but your golfer's level dictates your attribute ceiling.

I hate that you can't do a flop shot w/o the angle shot stuff.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote:Shel, you probably have the XP to level him up higher, but your golfer's level dictates your attribute

I hate that you can't do a flop shot w/o the angle shot stuff.
Are coins the same as XP?

Cause I have like 300 coins or something, not even enough to go to level 4. So hopefully XP is something different than lol.

Return to “Golf”