Career

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Career

Post by BsktbllJk »

Question

It said projected cut was +1 in a tournament yet I shot even par and I missed cut and people with + score made the cut instead.

Bug
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Career

Post by buckeye76 »

Could be Jake. I know there are alot of them. The worst is the online lobby. Hope they get that shit corrected soon....
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

BsktbllJk wrote:Question

It said projected cut was +1 in a tournament yet I shot even par and I missed cut and people with + score made the cut instead.

Bug
Could be wrong, but a projected cut is fluid and changes throughout a round depending on what the golfers who are finishing their rounds score
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Weasel is right.

It's just projected but it's a moving target as guys finish up and scores enter.

Are there any plans for a patch?

I love all the stats that pop up for ourcc but it's worthless since they are all wrong.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:
I love all the stats that pop up for ourcc but it's worthless since they are all wrong.
The only one thats obviously wrong to me is the hole-outs. Im good for 1-2 a round, but nowhere near where they have me at. The others seem about right for me at least
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Did you really hit a hole in one?

Buckeye is sad not seeing his name alone at the top in that category anymore.

Every stat is wrong. The longest drive of the tournies, the birdies, how many fairways in regulation during the tournies. All wrong. It's awesome they are there but sad they are wrong.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:Did you really hit a hole in one?
Yup, and didnt even see it because I advanced to my next shot, only to be teeing off again
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Weasel with 2 aces????

Really liking the career mode this yewr. I set the opponents level to very hard and the scores have been very realistic. Won the last tourney on 18 after sinking a 20 foot putt. Wonder how they would have handled the playoff.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:Weasel with 2 aces????

Really liking the career mode this yewr. I set the opponents level to very hard and the scores have been very realistic. Won the last tourney on 18 after sinking a 20 foot putt. Wonder how they would have handled the playoff.
Played a quick round yesterday just because Ive only been playing the league rounds and I wanted to knock the cobwebs off. Knocked it in with the hybrid, rolled about 15 feet before sinking
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

You actually watched that one huh?
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

OracleHCR wrote:You actually watched that one huh?
Yeah, it actually looked like it might catch the rough at the front of the green so I watched. I held rooftop down to watch it in double-speed though :D
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

When you guys talk about career mode, is that the offline career mode on the PGA tour?

If so, what kind of settings is everyone using for this?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yes

I use the same as we use for our tournies to practice

Watch the multiplier on the bottom. It increases the xp to get your guy rated higher,faster

I think mine was at4.0x as I adjusted it changes real time
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

shel311 wrote:When you guys talk about career mode, is that the offline career mode on the PGA tour?

Shel, FYI I invited your to the CC last night online, not sure if you saw it or not.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Downing11 wrote:
shel311 wrote:When you guys talk about career mode, is that the offline career mode on the PGA tour?

Shel, FYI I invited your to the CC last night online, not sure if you saw it or not.
I didn't see it. But thanks, i'll definitely join up tonight or tomorrow.

I literally turned the game on, played 9 holes, then imported my guy, created him, then turned it off. It was 11:30, old man had to get some sleep lol.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Couple of quick questions.

When you level up and it says you unlock, say, 8 new equipment items, is there a way to go and see just the new items you unlocked? Or are they just randomly placed with all of the equipment and it's hard to know?

Also, a little advice for those who have started careers. I have my new created golfer i'm using for the league. But I got the 25K points so i'm already boosted up to level 55 or 60 or something, so my guy is getting decent. I have no clue how the career mode works, but if I drop him and start a career, would he be "too good"for the early career stuff? I'm wondering if it would be better to create a 2nd guy just for career mode with all the crappy 25 ratings and try to work my way up?
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

When you go look at your equipment, if you press roof it will show all the equipment you have unlocked for each category.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

shel311 wrote:Couple of quick questions.

When you level up and it says you unlock, say, 8 new equipment items, is there a way to go and see just the new items you unlocked? Or are they just randomly placed with all of the equipment and it's hard to know?

Also, a little advice for those who have started careers. I have my new created golfer i'm using for the league. But I got the 25K points so i'm already boosted up to level 55 or 60 or something, so my guy is getting decent. I have no clue how the career mode works, but if I drop him and start a career, would he be "too good"for the early career stuff? I'm wondering if it would be better to create a 2nd guy just for career mode with all the crappy 25 ratings and try to work my way up?

You can adjust the computer AI to match your golfer's skills. You can also make settings tougher. So that way you can use your created golfer and not hit it straight all the time!

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote:
shel311 wrote:Couple of quick questions.

You can adjust the computer AI to match your golfer's skills. You can also make settings tougher. So that way you can use your created golfer and not hit it straight all the time!
Advanced shot shaping!!! Pretty sure I hit every single FIR in the 1st 2 rounds of the US Open, and I'm guessing everyone else did too lol.

Good call on the AI thing, that should work.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Put the AI at expert.

They shoot some great scores and pretty tough to actually win most of the tournies.

Return to “Golf”