Settings

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Re: Settings

Post by OracleHCR »

What's up with the shot shaping on today's tournament. I like it except for the swing difficulty. Should at least be set to normal.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I don't think so, I think easy is the best way to go w that. It's VERY unforgiving when you use that shaping.

I had a so-so round, missed some putts just inches off because I was used to the higher level putting thing and was hitting them short. But then I holed out on the 18th with a nice draw shot into an 11 mph wind from about 150 yds out for eagle :D

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I use shot shaping all the time so the easy swing was well, easy. We aren't supposed to hit every fairway and green and be double digits under. -6 should be considered a great round and be near the top of the leader board. But we usually have guys at -15 which is ridiculous. If I shoot -9 in a round it was pretty damn easy. Especially when I missed 2 very make able eagle putts and at least 4 more birdie putts. 3 of them I left on the lip.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote:It's VERY unforgiving when you use that shaping.
I don't agree with this.

I started my career and I use expert swing difficulty, advanced shot shaping, and the strike meter on analog. While it's very tough, it seems to act like it should. When I miss a swing pretty bad off the tee, I'm going to find the rough. But it's not every hole, I hit a lot of fairways and I miss a lot. It seems to play very realistic.

I've played my very 1st 2 rounds of career mode with the settings like this.I shot +7 and then a +2. But keep in mind, my guy is rated lower than everyone else's right now. Also, that's the 1st 2 rounds I've ever played on that mode, so I will get more accustomed to the advanced shot shaping. And another thing, the strike meter on analog makes it real tough as well, since we keep it at sticky, it would make the swing meter even easier to navigate.

IMO, this would get us the most realistic scores possible. FWIW, with my shitty guy, 4 rounds of the US Open, i think I missed only 2 fairways the entire time. 1 was because i simply couldn't reach the fairway in round 1 before my guy was leveled up a bit more,a nd the other I was trying something out, and missed teh fairway, no biggie. Every other tee shot for 4 rounds landed on the fairway.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

OracleHCR wrote:I use shot shaping all the time so the easy swing was well, easy. We aren't supposed to hit every fairway and green and be double digits under. -6 should be considered a great round and be near the top of the leader board. But we usually have guys at -15 which is ridiculous. If I shoot -9 in a round it was pretty damn easy. Especially when I missed 2 very make able eagle putts and at least 4 more birdie putts. 3 of them I left on the lip.
While I do completely agree, I can also say I agree with why Downing has left it on normal or off or whatever we use. When running a league, you gotta do what's best for keeping the league going, and the majority prefers it like it is. So if we changed stuff to the way you and I wanted, the league's scores as a whole would mirror real life much more, but guys would lose interest...lame!!! :)
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

With the swing setting at easy it was almost impossible to hit a bad shot. Even if you didnt try to do the shot shaping and went straight up and down. So all I'm saying is that the easy swing setting was a joke.
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Post by BsktbllJk »

I didn't use swing shape one time...

I have nuff trouble keeping straight going up and down
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BsktbllJk wrote:I have nuff trouble keeping straight going up and down
:?
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

BsktbllJk wrote:I didn't use swing shape one time...
Exactly my point. You didnt even use shot shaping and had the same score as me with no penalty.
BsktbllJk wrote:I have nuff trouble keeping straight going up and down
Same with me.
I don't want hard ass settings for our season tournaments either. But if a daily has shot shaping set to advance you should at least have to use it to score 9 under IMO.
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Post by BsktbllJk »

I just don't understand why we need to go from 8 to 2 on swing meter that is unconventional ....

Make it hard as fuck idc but keep it up and down
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

BsktbllJk wrote:I just don't understand why we need to go from 8 to 2 on swing meter that is unconventional ....

Make it hard as fuck idc but keep it up and down
Rotate your controller in your hand and still go up and down. 8-) That is how I first tried it. Now I just take a couple practice swings before addressing the ball. It is more 7 to 1 on your swing. Not 8 to 2.
Fades are actually easier to hit than draws. I hit fades into the greens to get more spin and stop the ball quicker on longer irons and fairway woods. For the most part I just hit straight shots though.
I still can't putt though :cry:

Return to “Golf”