Settings

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
jsence2
Reactions:

Re: Settings

Post by jsence2 »

Cnasty wrote:
Downing11 wrote:After playing today's daily with the No Beads green, I do like that setting.
Then please type up a tutorial on how to read the break of the green. :lol:

Um....have you ever played golf in real life? :D

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

I played a round last night without the swing meter. It affects your putting more than anything else. By using the zoom, you can figure out what club to hit and adjust it along with moving the ball forward and back in your stance to be able to swing at 100%. It you do make a mishit, the controller shakes you know you hit it bad. Personally, the strike meter means nothing to me when I am not putting.

Putting is tough. Without the meter, getting the speed right is hard. I played with no beads too which may have added to it. I think it will take some getting used to, but for now I think I am going to stick with the meter in my career mode. In pro golf, you rarely see a golfer blast a putt 10 feet by the hole.

Next up later today will be to try out the advanced shot shape.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Downing11 wrote:My Personal Preference:

Swing Difficulty: Expert
Strike Meter: Analog
Shot Shaping: Either Normal or Advanced, not sure yet. Will depend on the swing meter. If swing meter is off, shot shaping should be normal so you can see at what angle you need to swing on draws or fades.
Ball Spin: Off
Putt Preview: Off
Swing Meter: Not sure yet on this one as I haven't tried it out yet without the swing meter.
Wind Display: On
Zoom to Aim: On
Green Grid: Either On or No Beads. I haven't tried No Beads out yet, but I like what I hear from No Beads as it will make putting harder.
Boost Pins: Off
Haven't played yet, but just going off past experience, and trying to play to the masses....I would go with the green grid on, normal shot shaping, sticky strike meter. Everything else would be good.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Downing11 wrote:I played a round last night without the swing meter. It affects your putting more than anything else. By using the zoom, you can figure out what club to hit and adjust it along with moving the ball forward and back in your stance to be able to swing at 100%. It you do make a mishit, the controller shakes you know you hit it bad. Personally, the strike meter means nothing to me when I am not putting.

Putting is tough. Without the meter, getting the speed right is hard. I played with no beads too which may have added to it. I think it will take some getting used to, but for now I think I am going to stick with the meter in my career mode. In pro golf, you rarely see a golfer blast a putt 10 feet by the hole.

I've not once hit it past the hole massively unless I just mis-read the green without the meter. I've left a few short or wide if I missed my swing but I've not had much problem. Also, as everyone updates their equipment and gets their ratings up, it gets easier to do it w/o the meter as well. I just think it makes it more challenging. I mean, when you golf you don't have a gauge telling you exactly how hard to hit the ball, we shouldn't on here either, we have to get our swing down. But I'm down w whatever the masses choose.

Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Yeah, the more I have played without the swing meter, the more you get used to it. I'm using it now in my career mode.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You are so amazing at this game ence. I hope I can be as good as you one day!
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Downing11 wrote:I played a round last night without the swing meter. It affects your putting more than anything else. By using the zoom, you can figure out what club to hit and adjust it along with moving the ball forward and back in your stance to be able to swing at 100%. It you do make a mishit, the controller shakes you know you hit it bad. Personally, the strike meter means nothing to me when I am not putting.

I played around a bit with the shot shaping and I think I am going to stick with normal for my career. Strike meter is turned off, green grid is no beads. I upped the AI difficulty to Hard and in the 1.5 tournaments I have played so far, I won the first in dramatic fashion and am tied for the lead after the first round in the second. On "normal" tournaments, I only play 2 rounds, but in the Majors, plus The Players, I'll go with 4 rounds.

I won the first tournament at Shesan with an eagle on 18 to tie it at -17 and then eagled 18 again on the first hole of the playoff. I was tied with Brendan DeJong, who obviously isn't in the game, but it will be interesting to see if you are in a playoff with a golfer on the game if you can see him shoot. On this one, I couldn't see anything, it just told me I won after finishing the hole.

I love what they have done with the settings this year. There are so many tweaks that can be made on the difficulty so that everyone can customize it to their exact liking and skill level.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Cnasty wrote:You are so amazing at this game ence. I hope I can be as good as you one day!

Um.....ok?

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

jsence2 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:You are so amazing at this game ence. I hope I can be as good as you one day!

Um.....ok?
Directed at jsence and his golf greatness.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Cnasty wrote:
jsence2 wrote:

Um.....ok?
Directed at jsence and his golf greatness.

Again....ok?

I've simply stated what I've had success with. You have to keep in mind my golfer is a Level 84 right now, so my ratings and my clubs are a lot higher than yours right now, so my results and my likes/dislikes on settings are my own. I thought that was the whole point of this thread was to suggest settings.

It's not me being great as much as it is my nice shiny Nike clubs :D

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Let's move on :)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I just read to Corey's post about pleasing to the masses and killing the fun factor for all of scrubs if you make it too hard.

I know on TW13 once we started making it sooooo difficult that only 2 or 3 people could play at/around PAR the league pretty much went defunct. I'd rather see over half the guys shoot -10 than 1 guy shooting par, 3 guys around +3 and the rest at +20...this is what happened towards the end of TW13 and killed everyones participation and killed an enjoyable 30 minute break out of my day.
ImageImageImage
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

I'm with George. also, no grid beads, no like. :lol:
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I will say, no beads is stupid as fuck. There is no way to see where the breaks are. Someone would definitely have to tell me how to read a green on a game rather than real life.
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Hold down on the left stick when you're on the green. You will kneel down basically face to the ground.

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote:Hold down on the left stick when you're on the green. You will kneel down basically face to the ground.
That don't tell me shit
ImageImageImage
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
jsence2 wrote:Hold down on the left stick when you're on the green. You will kneel down basically face to the ground.
That don't tell me shit
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

if there is any kind of slope on the green you wont be able to read the green though. it is pick a spot and hope. I didnt care too much for the settings in todays tournament. It just isnt fun. It is a waste of 30 - 40 min of my day.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

"havent you played real golf before, duh??"

:lol:
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I played 2 days ago and didnt play near as bad as I was doing in todays tournament. :lol:

Return to “Golf”