Who's #2?

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
SuperJakeB
Reactions:

Re: Who's #2?

Post by SuperJakeB »

Nick are you going to be my rival next season or what.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

SuperJakeB wrote:Nick are you going to be my rival next season or what.
I have like 10 so join the list if you like
yougoogelizer
Reactions:

Post by yougoogelizer »

I guess I was just looking at who their losses were against. And while both were losses to ranked teams, FSU had a better season than Notre Dame in my opinion. FSU had a loss to Marshall (who was 9-3) and then two losses to VT...Notre Dame lost to BC (3-9), North Carolina (8-4) and Stanford (9-3). And then with Ok St. The loss to Tennessee (8-4) was tough because they went 4-4 against SEC and OOC wins against UAB, Texas St. and UNLV...so the schedule wasn't as strong as the others.

Again, just my opinion and certainly not taking anything away from any of the three of them as it is an impressive feat to only have 1 loss in a season.

On a side note, everyone knows that this game can make a team look good or bad no matter the person's talent controlling the team...and that random cup game with Michigan State was a total fluke of EA predetermining a game. The other 9 out of 10 times, that game goes to MSU and probably with a big margin of victory. That should not be a factor for this at all and I hope its not.
PSN: yougoogelizer
AIM: chriscmacx

Season 22: Oregon Ducks 6-7
Season 23: FIU Panthers 3-9

swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

yougoogelizer wrote:I guess I was just looking at who their losses were against. And while both were losses to ranked teams, FSU had a better season than Notre Dame in my opinion. FSU had a loss to Marshall (who was 9-3) and then two losses to VT...Notre Dame lost to BC (3-9), North Carolina (8-4) and Stanford (9-3). And then with Ok St. The loss to Tennessee (8-4) was tough because they went 4-4 against SEC and OOC wins against UAB, Texas St. and UNLV...so the schedule wasn't as strong as the others.

Again, just my opinion and certainly not taking anything away from any of the three of them as it is an impressive feat to only have 1 loss in a season.

On a side note, everyone knows that this game can make a team look good or bad no matter the person's talent controlling the team...and that random cup game with Michigan State was a total fluke of EA predetermining a game. The other 9 out of 10 times, that game goes to MSU and probably with a big margin of victory. That should not be a factor for this at all and I hope its not.

Cup games DONT MEAN SHIT.

I agree with you, yougoogely. If cup games start swaying final season polls....then whoever votes that way should really look at themselves in the mirror. Take a long hard look and say, "im putting team B in front of team A and im an idiot." Once you can admit that, then you may, just may be making progress.
SuperJakeB
Reactions:

Post by SuperJakeB »

nick wrote:

no no no I meant are you taking Oklahoma hah.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

SuperJakeB wrote:
nick wrote:

no no no I meant are you taking Oklahoma hah.
lol maybe in an alternate dimension where i did things differently in the past, but right now i dont even know how many points i got
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

If someone said this already, I apologize, but I think some people are missing this completely.

Florida lost their week 14 game. If this was during middle of the season, you would most likely drop them down a couple spots for losing.
Michigan State has not lost since week 3, therefor they would have kept climbing in the polls since that loss.
Same thing for Oklahoma State, they have not lost since week 2, so they would keep climbing in the polls since that loss also.

So, in my opinion, it comes down to Michigan State and Oklahoma State.
I know that there will be 100's of reason people will lobby for Florida to be #2, but again, if this was week 12 they lost in and we were doing the last polls that we did instead of year end polls, they would take a hit and drop a spot or a few.

Nothing against Florida, I just have to imagine that having a loss the last week of the season would knock them out of the #2 spot when the other two potentials have not lost since very early in the season.

Just my 2 cents.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

This thread is approaching iPhone 5 Thread status.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Peay, are you still in Wasted's OD?
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28618

You have not played a game in like 4 weeks or so.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:If someone said this already, I apologize, but I think some people are missing this completely.

Florida lost their week 14 game. If this was during middle of the season, you would most likely drop them down a couple spots for losing.
Michigan State has not lost since week 3, therefor they would have kept climbing in the polls since that loss.
Same thing for Oklahoma State, they have not lost since week 2, so they would keep climbing in the polls since that loss also.

So, in my opinion, it comes down to Michigan State and Oklahoma State.
I know that there will be 100's of reason people will lobby for Florida to be #2, but again, if this was week 12 they lost in and we were doing the last polls that we did instead of year end polls, they would take a hit and drop a spot or a few.

Nothing against Florida, I just have to imagine that having a loss the last week of the season would knock them out of the #2 spot when the other two potentials have not lost since very early in the season.

Just my 2 cents.
True, but not everyone abides by this unwritten rule, including myself.

For me, doesn't matter when you lose, not one bit. I look at the totality of the season/resume/who you beat/who you loss, when those happen are irrelevant IMO.

The beauty of the polls, we all see it differently, and as long as we're putting in a little time to do it, all the differing opinions make it work. :)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Massey comes out today, right?
brwnbear
Reactions:

Post by brwnbear »

Michigan State has a higher Massey rating better strength of schedule than Florida.
IM: brwnbear26
Daw1git
Reactions:

Post by Daw1git »

yeah 2 inactive games hurt
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

shel311 wrote:True, but not everyone abides by this unwritten rule, including myself.

For me, doesn't matter when you lose, not one bit. I look at the totality of the season/resume/who you beat/who you loss, when those happen are irrelevant IMO.
The beauty of the polls, we all see it differently, and as long as we're putting in a little time to do it, all the differing opinions make it work. :)

I 100% agree with you, it is cool that we all see it differently.
When it comes to polls, that is all I ever want. Just put in your time and vote with some effort.

If people do that, I am cool with whatever they choose.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Daw1git wrote:yeah 2 inactive games hurt
Yep, I'm sure Georgia would have had a good season with that team --- dreading Champ getting them already ---- :? Not sure how UCF would have done.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Well, looking at Massey I got 6 teams in the same spot as it. Not sure that's good or bad.... :lol:
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

wow, 2-4 were haaaaard, gl to all, to offense to any

good seasons SDSU, , tulsa, Arky st and SJSU..i just cant put u guys over 3 loss bcs conf teams though with a schedule 200% plus tougher than yours

also sorry CMU....cant believe i had to leave a 9-3 team off the polls but there was no one else i could remove

good season all, gl to ya
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

Wasted Memory wrote:
Yep, I'm sure Georgia would have had a good season with that team --- dreading Champ getting them already ---- :? Not sure how UCF would have done.
oh please please please please

It is between Florida and Sparty. Although Okie St had a great season I do think not having a conference title game hurts.....stop being a bully Texas!
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

ChampDizzle wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote:
oh please please please please

It is between Florida and Sparty. Although Okie St had a great season I do think not having a conference title game hurts.....stop being a bully Texas!
Hmm, I wonder if my point total will be just a little better than yours? Would be fun to take them a spot before your pick...just for the sake of doing it. :lol:

It's been a tough call for #2, #3, and #4. OSU does have the most wins over currently ranked teams and an 11 game win streak to boot. Just to throw it out there ;)
To bad they lost to that loser at Tennessee
Quest4Gold
Reactions:

Post by Quest4Gold »

If things didn't change, I thought this final poll goes public so everyone sees who voted and how they voted.

Return to “NDL:ESPN”