San Diego

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

San Diego

Post by Cnasty »

Pros:

Amazing weather,maybe the best weather I have felt in my life. Middle of may and it's 65,sunny as hell, and a beautiful ocean breeze. Yes please!

Gaslamp district instantly became one of my favorite places to ever go to when traveling. Bars up and down both sides of the streets, amazing restaurants, and the cleanest downtown of a big city I have ever seen.

The talent in San Diego may have been the best ive ever seen but I also have a soft spot for business attire and the conference population in their skirts and heels at the happy hour bar made me weak. Not weak enough but close.

The architecture and the downtown places areas so freakin sweet.

I hit up Searsucker(amazing steaks and atmosphere), Greystone (3 times more than Searsucker but Searsucker was way better, and the San Diego Strip Club( you order your steak and then grill it on massive grills in the restaurant....amazing steaks and great atmosphere)

The Hyatt we stayed on the harbor was insanely nice. Met Todd Helton in the hot tub my first day there. Talked to him about 25 minutes or so, cool guy. The team was staying at the hotel with Petco right down the road.

Seaport village was pretty cool. Nice little shops on the water, cool spot

Cons:
Sammy stood me up :cry:

Amazing city and would love to do a little vacation there.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Re: San Diego

Post by texasfan4444 »

Now you see why I've been saying I'd love to move there. It's like a play land for adults. Last trip there we drove up the coast about an hour and hit all the cool little beaches for an entire day. It was fun to see the differences in the people from spot to spot.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Sounds amazing.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:Sounds amazing.
i'm amazed at how amazing San Diego seems to be.

Amazing stuff.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

texasfan4444 wrote:Now you see why I've been saying I'd love to move there. It's like a play land for adults. Last trip there we drove up the coast about an hour and hit all the cool little beaches for an entire day. It was fun to see the differences in the people from spot to spot.
Im with you. Never thought Id ever think of Cali as a spot to move to but San Diego would definitely be on the list.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Never thought Id ever think of Cali as a spot to move to but San Diego would definitely be on the list.
On account of all the amazingness.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Gaslamp, loved that place cant wait to get the full experience this time! How expensive were Searsucker and SD Strip Club?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

DRWebs wrote:Gaslamp, loved that place cant wait to get the full experience this time! How expensive were Searsucker and SD Strip Club?
Searsucker was a vendor dinner so it was all we could eat and drink on them and the menu was already provided with either the steak or fish.

It was a pretty trendy place so I am thinking steak was in the 35-50 range or so. The atmosphere was great though as its a lounge/bar/restaurant. Very cool.

SD Strip club was more reasonable. I had the strip and it was $22 but the atmosphere is totally different. Loud music, girls in short skirts serving, and huge grills to make your own steaks on. More rock bar type place but great food.

Get the au gratin bleu cheese and bacon potatoes, unreal.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Its amazing I've never been there... Been to cali a bunch and it's all amazing but somehow never the whales vagina... By the way you describe it, i feel like Its my type of place, amazing.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:Now you see why I've been saying I'd love to move there. It's like a play land for adults. Last trip there we drove up the coast about an hour and hit all the cool little beaches for an entire day. It was fun to see the differences in the people from spot to spot.
Did you or anyone else go to Mission Beach?
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

DRWebs wrote:
Did you or anyone else go to Mission Beach?
true story...was pretty awesome. hot girlies everywhere.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

C tell me about this Altitude Sky Lounge place. Was it a special for the all you can eat drink? Seems kinda expensive on the site, but that view is killer
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

The venue is pretty awesome and if a game is going on its even better.

I cant tell you to much on how it worked for me as it was sponsored by a vendor so everything was free for us. We just had to reserve and then handle some of the vendors trying to sell us their product. After a couple drinks those that was not a problem to bullshit with them.

Its a lounge so they had like light foods for us, Im not sure if there is a food/drink combo thing going on.

I definitely recommend it though as it was pretty packed, the views were pretty awesome(go on a night when there is a game), and a great atmosphere.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Sucks you didn't get a chance to hook up with Sammy. Nontheless sounds like a good time. A good friend of mine she's an rn and was traveling alot did a stint in San Diego she loved it was close to staying. Now she works at the OSU med center. Not a good trade off I'f u ask me.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I guess I scared Sammy off. :?
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Ill be there starting June 25 if you want to skate the boardwalk Sammy :lol:

Staying on Grand Ave. in PB
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Heading up a week from Tuesday. Will be there for 4 days. And then again at the end of July for the ESRI show.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

texasfan4444 wrote:Heading up a week from Tuesday. Will be there for 4 days. And then again at the end of July for the ESRI show.
Fairly disappointed Ill be missing out on meeting our resident Hispanic and world renowned bump pickup artist
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

News team Assemble!!!!

On my way to SD. Will be in Loma Linda tonight but back to SD until Friday. I love it here.

Return to “Travel”