my fantasy squad

Various fantasy sports leagues for NDL members.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

my fantasy squad

Post by DRiccio21 »

i only do 1 league... big entry so i like to focus all my time on it rather than having multiple teams

would like to hear some thoughts... strength's and weaknesses?

10 teams
6 pt's for all td's, including passing
non-ppr
2 rb,2 wr, 1 flex

QB -- Rivers

RB -- Chris Johnson & Javon Ringer, Deangelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart, Fred Jackson & CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
(i like having the guarantee of having the handcuff)

WR -- Roddy White, Dez Bryant, Percy Harvin, Santana Moss, Mike Thomas

TE -- Finley

K -- Suisham (i had to have a Steeler on my roster)

D -- Giants (drafted them in next to last round, i generally play week to week matchups)

i personally think its a solid team with my x factor being Deangelo/Fred Jackson. i need one of them to step up and be a legit 2nd rb. I also need Dez to be a serviceable #2 WR but i like Harvin alot and Moss is fine as well.
Last edited by DRiccio21 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: my fantasy squad

Post by Uuaww »

how many teams in your league?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Uuaww wrote:how many teams in your league?
10, sorry.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

how many teams?

Interesting that you could get Rivers, Chris Johnson and Roddy White first three rounds unless it was before Johnson signed or something?

My 6-pt passing TD league I took Brady with my first pick (12th) because to me the QB position is the most important when you get that big of a bonus. Rivers went before Brady, which was a surprise
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i had #3 pick.

i took CJ at 3.

White slipped to me in round 2. Vincent Jackson went ahead of him.

then i took Rivers in round 3.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

pretty solid Dave. Finley and Harvins healths are big concerns for me. But you have good alternate options for Harvin and TEs can be replaced rather easily. Though top 5 point earning TEs typically cannot. Finley when healthy thanks to Rodgers is certainly a top 5 TE.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Looks solid to me Dave, I had White last season. We draft tonight.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I agree with Pino.

Lots of question marks at WR for you. They have the ability to blow up or be complete duds.

You do have some studs on your RB and a lot of depth so you can afford to get rid of one or 2 for a bad ass WR if possible.

Love Rivers though. Looks like we both will be huge Roddy White fans this season.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

yeah i took a shot on Finley... i took him over Vernon Davis who i like, but i just like the explosiveness of the offense in GB over the disgustingness in San Fran.

Witten, Clark, Gates were already gone. I didn't see another RB that i liked and i like having a threat at TE so i took a shot... hopefully he stays healthy.

Harvin i have no downside as he wont play unless there is an injury or the buffalo rb's don't pan out.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

DRiccio21 wrote:i had #3 pick.

i took CJ at 3.

White slipped to me in round 2. Vincent Jackson went ahead of him.

then i took Rivers in round 3.
White 2nd on my list at WR behind Andre Johnson, and the Falcons are reportedly going to pass more this year so that helps you (and hopefully me with Tony G)

Solid start to the draft for you, I just don't remember 10-team leagues anymore to know how good that 1-2-3 start is because it looks awesome

...TEs aren't worth much to me because there's huge depth there, but Finley might put up solid WR numbers and you get that at a TE position
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Cnasty wrote:Lots of question marks at WR for you. They have the ability to blow up or be complete duds.
interesting... i liked my WR more than my RB. but i definitely think Dez is a huge risk/reward guy. between Harvin/Dez/Moss i think one will stick and i only need to play 2.

what about if i dealth Roddy White straight up for Vincent Jackson and had the Rivers-Jackson combo.

thoughts?
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

DRiccio21 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Lots of question marks at WR for you. They have the ability to blow up or be complete duds.
interesting... i liked my WR more than my RB. but i definitely think Dez is a huge risk/reward guy. between Harvin/Dez/Moss i think one will stick and i only need to play 2.

what about if i dealth Roddy White straight up for Vincent Jackson and had the Rivers-Jackson combo.

thoughts?

I have Rodgers and Jennings in one league. Drafted them last night....I have the bad feeling of too many eggs in one basket. Though Rivers probaly will look more at jackson than Rodgers at Jennings I would keep them split up if all possible. my 2 cents.
SuddenBlues
Reactions:

Post by SuddenBlues »

I hate having a QR and WR on the same team unless the value is just to good to pass up. But even then I usually trade the guy away for a guy not on my QBs team. I do have Romo and Dez but its because I got Dez in the 5th round. I like Roddy White more then VJax as well. Keep what you got Dave!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yea, Id keep what you have as well.

Id try to trade one of those backs if you can though as you are pretty deep there but you also dont know which one will blow up.

I have White and Ryan but I expect the Atlanta offense to blow up this year but that may be a let down and counting on to much each week but I love Ryan/White this year.

You are very solid and have the ability to blow up with some of those guys for sure.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

looking for thoughts on this trade

I give: Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson, Jermichael Finley

i get: MJD, Michael Turner, Antonio Gates
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'd say no

Johnson > MJD

Turner=Jackson or close edge to Turner

Gates > Finley

I expect Johnson to turn it on here but I like Jackson and that bills framed this year and Finley is going to have a great year in that pack offense.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i don't disagree with you corey.

but i think Turner is like a 7.5 and Jackson like a 6.5 tho. i would say Turner is the better player especially cause more can be expected out of that offense. only issue i don't like is i wouldn't have Turners hand cuff like i have Jacksons.

i also fall in love with Rivers-Gates combo that i'd have.

MJD is a scary guy to have without an established QB as well.

i'm not sure the upgrade of Turner is enough to make the deal.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Anything that you can tweak to bump up your WRs?

Overall, I like the deal and would probably still do it. You're busting 2 handcuffs, but maybe there's a WR on the wire to give you some depth. Bryant's injury really hurt him this week and it was actually pathetic watching him gimp around on the field. I can't believe that is the best option that they had down the stretch.

I bumped MJD up my draft board about 3 weeks ago and I'm glad that I did. He doesn't have the peak potential that Johnson does, but I think he's going to be more consistent throughout this season and finish as a top 5 back. Turner is certainly an upgrade over Jackson, as Fred could lose his job at any moment. I have Gates/Finley as being a dead heat, but because you have Rivers, I'd prefer to have Gates. Love the double points.
PSN: ReignOnU
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

DRiccio21 wrote:looking for thoughts on this trade

I give: Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson, Jermichael Finley

i get: MJD, Michael Turner, Antonio Gates
NO NO NO
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

i actually would do that trade in a heartbeat. Gates is so far and ahead the best TE.

Return to “Fantasy Sports”