#25 California 40 at Texas A&M 3???

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
brocam
Reactions:

#25 California 40 at Texas A&M 3???

Post by brocam »

This better be a misprint. No one disrespects the Aggies like that!!!!

I hope there were riots outside of Kyle Field after the game.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Stand Up Chuck And Let Em See You!
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Re: #25 California 40 at Texas A&M 3???

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Wow. Surely this can't be correct. But it seems to happen every season and it's usually a big surprise when we see who did it.
SgtHeartman
Reactions:

Post by SgtHeartman »

LetsGoPeay wrote:Wow. Surely this can't be correct. But it seems to happen every season and it's usually a big surprise when we see who did it.
When I was getting whooped by Mike I said I was going to take safties until he broke the barrier but he threatened to make me disappear like I was on the back of the NDL milk carton. :cry:
outlaw
Reactions:

Post by outlaw »

Real score is 30-3 the extra 10 points are from the 1st quarter of the game that got disconnected.
GT25Ump
Reactions:

Post by GT25Ump »

Sooooo, ur saying that you and Drez came to an agreement that you were starting completely over with no score, and the first 10 points wouldn't count? Doesn't look like HE saw it that way.

Seems strange that someone would just choose to ignore a 10 point lead that they had, and be willing to start back at 0-0.
outlaw
Reactions:

Post by outlaw »

So your saying that we should use the 4th then?that would be 5 quarters worth of play.So either way you look at it the score would be 30-3 or 31-3.
brocam
Reactions:

Post by brocam »

glad is was a misprint.
Stand Up Chuck And Let Em See You!
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I was up 17-0 in the first qt in a league game once, had a disco, and restarted the whole game. Was against beefy in another league and he ended up winning the second game and there were no hard feelings because we are adults and its a video game.

IMO and strictly IMO, in a disconnect, the option should always be left up to the guy that is leading the game. Ask what he wants to do regardless of where the clock is. If he says replay the whole thing then replay it. I understand there are some circumstances like you are down by less than a TD and you have the ball at the one and the disco happens, common sense should prevail in a situation like this.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

BFiVL wrote:common sense should prevail in a situation like this.
lets not get crazy :)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

BFiVL wrote: common sense should prevail in a situation like this.
Simma down with that crap.
GT25Ump
Reactions:

Post by GT25Ump »

As of your idea, BFiVL, not saying it's a bad one, but the actual rules say that the two guys are to come to an agreement on what to do with the disconnect. From what details have been provided up to this point, they didn't seem to be on the same page.

So outlaw, why did drez punch in a score of 40-3? Did you guys converse after the disconnect, to determine what you were going to do? What was the status of the game when the disconnect happened? Drez, where ARE you? :)
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Doesn't appear to be a misprint at all...First the game was posted 40-3 by Drez, with Drez entering all of his own team stats as well as a scoring summary...

Quarters went something to the tune of adding up to 40...Now they conveniently at up to 30, yet Cal's player's stats say otherwise, unless of course there was a nice safety in the 4th...

:roll:
outlaw
Reactions:

Post by outlaw »

Yes there was a blocked punt for a safety in the 4th.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Dr Tom Gordon wrote:As of your idea, BFiVL, not saying it's a bad one, but the actual rules say that the two guys are to come to an agreement on what to do with the disconnect. From what details have been provided up to this point, they didn't seem to be on the same page.

So outlaw, why did drez punch in a score of 40-3? Did you guys converse after the disconnect, to determine what you were going to do? What was the status of the game when the disconnect happened? Drez, where ARE you? :)
Of course the two should come to an agreement but what I am saying tom is if you are losing you should ask what the guy that is up wants to do first and go from there. It should be his option IMO to replay or account for the score and how much time they should play.
WJ5811
Reactions:

Post by WJ5811 »

BFiVL wrote:
Dr Tom Gordon wrote:As of your idea, BFiVL, not saying it's a bad one, but the actual rules say that the two guys are to come to an agreement on what to do with the disconnect. From what details have been provided up to this point, they didn't seem to be on the same page.

Of course the two should come to an agreement but what I am saying tom is if you are losing you should ask what the guy that is up wants to do first and go from there. It should be his option IMO to replay or account for the score and how much time they should play.
I agree out of courtesy you should ask the coach who is winning if he wants to keep the score or start over. I dont really see any situation where the winning coach would be forced to give up his points on a restart unless he did so of his own choosing.

As far as the above game I would like to know if it was decided to restart the game with the score 10-0 or 0-0. Or was it decided to restart the game at 10-0 and only play 3 quarters. I mean there are several variables here. If it was decided to not count the first 10 points or not count the 4th quarter then why post the score of 40-3? Was it to try and get someone in trouble? So far theres not enough info on this one but im sure there is some checking going on behind the scenes.
PSN: WJ5811
AIM: WJ5811
JUSTIN TV USER: WJ5811
GT25Ump
Reactions:

Post by GT25Ump »

WJ5811 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:

I agree out of courtesy you should ask the coach who is winning if he wants to keep the score or start over. I dont really see any situation where the winning coach would be forced to give up his points on a restart unless he did so of his own choosing.

As far as the above game I would like to know if it was decided to restart the game with the score 10-0 or 0-0. Or was it decided to restart the game at 10-0 and only play 3 quarters. I mean there are several variables here. If it was decided to not count the first 10 points or not count the 4th quarter then why post the score of 40-3? Was it to try and get someone in trouble? So far theres not enough info on this one but im sure there is some checking going on behind the scenes.

That's exactly the point, WJ. Not enuff details and outlaw's not giving up too much of his side of the story. As a "curious observer" (seeing I'm no longer part of the administration of this league), I have sent an email to drez to see what he has to say about this.....seeing we have no idea if the admins are looking into this or if they are satisfied with one side of things, which wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, if drez says it was a misunderstanding and that they agreed to start fresh at 0-0, good enuff. But why would he put that score? Why would outlaw be willing to give up those 10 points? I personally don't think many would choose to do that but we'll see what drez says, hopefully before certain admins keep their fingers crossed that this and anything questionable gets swept under the door! It's part of running of a league, guys. Dealing with shit, not just talking about it in your private area and deciding amongst yourselves what you think of the situation. ;)

P.S. Maybe some of the good players could enlighten me on blocking kicks, in this year's game. I've only seen two punts blocked this year and both were when the offensive team had called the punt formation where they send extra guys down to cover AND the defense called the actual punt block. IF that seems to be the only way to successfully block a punt in this year's game, was outlaw up by 3-5 TD's when he chose to try to block this punt or was it just by pure luck that they got thru, as maybe the punter was in his end zone and didn't have the usual room? Just curious.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

did you bet money on the game or something? shit :lol:
outlaw
Reactions:

Post by outlaw »

Not hard to block a kick when they are punting from the half yard line here is the block. http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2290640
GT25Ump
Reactions:

Post by GT25Ump »

DRiccio21 wrote:did you bet money on the game or something? shit :lol:

LOL...but I'm thinking that an official at the Steeler's game yesterday, may have had something riding, when they screwed up the TD at the end of the game!
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Take A few more passive aggressive swipes at the admins next time Dr. Tom, dont think the new guys can read between the lines. ;)

When have you ever seen an admin sit on their ass regarding the 35 point rule? This score was just posted super late last night and we all work so dont worry tom as an casual observer now just enjoy the league and dont worry about the admin stuff, it will be handled. :D

Return to “NDL Open Forum”