Poll Voting

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Poll Voting

Post by ajalves »

This has been discussed before, but I dont remember which side I came down on the issue.

Real life 1000000% comes 1st, but teams that havent played games wont get votes from me in the weekly polls. Not a big deal I know, just saying.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend
:)
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Poll Voting

Post by Nole4real »

ajalves wrote:Everyone have a GREAT weekend
:)
:lol:
bearass
Reactions:

Post by bearass »

you can blame dolemite for me dropping out of the rankings then... if i was in yours
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

well you'll be back when you beat his ass. I didnt mean to say it was a permanant removal, just till the games are caught up
GT25Ump
Reactions:

Post by GT25Ump »

NOT that anyone asked how you go about determing your top 25, AJ, but thanks for the tip-off! ;)

And seeing "Real life 1000000% comes 1st", how many first place votes will Jeffdaddy and his Maryland squad be getting this first poll, after his surprising number of first place votes, to end last season? :D You'll be in MY top 25, this week, Jeffy. You deserve it!
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

Dr Tom Gordon wrote:NOT that anyone asked how you go about determing your top 25, AJ, but thanks for the tip-off! ;)

And seeing "Real life 1000000% comes 1st", how many first place votes will Jeffdaddy and his Maryland squad be getting this first poll, after his surprising number of first place votes, to end last season? :D You'll be in MY top 25, this week, Jeffy. You deserve it!
FUCK YEAH
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

Dr Tom Gordon wrote:NOT that anyone asked how you go about determing your top 25, AJ, but thanks for the tip-off! ;)

:lol: :lol: stir, stir, stir tommy!

...and i won't vote for those that haven't played either, unless they have 2 byes really
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Question about the Poll Voting aid...

I noticed the polls weren't open yet, but the majority of the games that happened during the opening weeks were posted...I know VVV is da man and he works his magic on these voting guides each time, but I'm curious if you're going to update the scores of each weeks match up along w/ the teams rank for each game!?
bearass
Reactions:

Post by bearass »

i vote for whose the best period
Mtwasik
Reactions:

Post by Mtwasik »

VTrunNgun wrote:Question about the Poll Voting aid...

I noticed the polls weren't open yet, but the majority of the games that happened during the opening weeks were posted...I know VVV is da man and he works his magic on these voting guides each time, but I'm curious if you're going to update the scores of each weeks match up along w/ the teams rank for each game!?
VVV isn't doing the voting guides this season, I took it over. Not exactly sure what you are asking though, I've updated 80% of the scores from the first two weeks (will finish tonight), but are you asking if we should put week 3-4 scores up there also? We are just supposed to consider the previous two weeks when the polls open on Sundays, so that would be a no to that, unless you're trying to ask about something else.
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

Mtwasik wrote:

VVV isn't doing the voting guides this season, I took it over. Not exactly sure what you are asking though, I've updated 80% of the scores from the first two weeks (will finish tonight), but are you asking if we should put week 3-4 scores up there also? We are just supposed to consider the previous two weeks when the polls open on Sundays, so that would be a no to that, unless you're trying to ask about something else.
he means the rankings. I always kept track of what teams were ranked when they played someone else. I wrote it down often on a sheet of paper so in case the unranked team (or ranked team) came on the top25 we'd have an accurate log. That's easy to do, just takes a little extra work...
Mtwasik
Reactions:

Post by Mtwasik »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:
Mtwasik wrote:

he means the rankings. I always kept track of what teams were ranked when they played someone else. I wrote it down often on a sheet of paper so in case the unranked team (or ranked team) came on the top25 we'd have an accurate log. That's easy to do, just takes a little extra work...
ok, will do
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Bingo VVV...

So like for our first series of polls, it would feature the scores of the game along with everyone's rankings in the preseason poll...Thus creating an active and accurate log for the entire season...

Nice work Mtwasik
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

VeniVediV1ci wrote:

:lol: :lol: stir, stir, stir tommy!

...and i won't vote for those that haven't played either, unless they have 2 byes really
HE DOING JUST FINE.. SOMEONE'S GOT TO STIR THIS FROZEN UP SHIT! I AIN'T DOING IT ANY MORE!!! LOLOLOL FIGHT THE POWER DR T!!!!!! BEEFY
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

FUCK THE POLLS!!!!!! BEEFY
ICE
Reactions:

Post by ICE »

SIRLOIN wrote:FUCK THE POLLS!!!!!!
That's what she said!!!
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

ICE wrote:
SIRLOIN wrote:FUCK THE POLES!!!!!!
That's what Hitler said.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:Real life 1000000% comes 1st, but teams that havent played games wont get votes from me in the weekly polls. Not a big deal I know, just saying.
I personally have NEVER subscribed to this theory. Well, I do for guys who were habitually late, like Marino, lol.

But otherwise, I'll never penalize guys for not playing there games on time, if it just randomly happens.

I think if you do penalize guys, then you need to do 1 of 2 things. Either, actually check the scheduling threads to see if that person actually deserves to be dropped.

Or, make a note of where that team was ranked, and when the game gets played and provided they win, that team returns to there previous ranking.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:
ajalves wrote:Real life 1000000% comes 1st, but teams that havent played games wont get votes from me in the weekly polls. Not a big deal I know, just saying.
I personally have NEVER subscribed to this theory. Well, I do for guys who were habitually late, like Marino, lol.

But otherwise, I'll never penalize guys for not playing there games on time, if it just randomly happens.

I think if you do penalize guys, then you need to do 1 of 2 things. Either, actually check the scheduling threads to see if that person actually deserves to be dropped.

Or, make a note of where that team was ranked, and when the game gets played and provided they win, that team returns to there previous ranking.
leave me alone shel :evil:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
shel311 wrote:

leave me alone shel :evil:
Here's the line:

:ugeek:

That little dude with the green glasses is you on the wrong side of the line:

You crossed it. It's war. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “NDL Open Forum”