RockBand 2 Discussion Thread

brocam
Reactions:

RockBand 2 Discussion Thread

Post by brocam »

As you come across something in the game that may help out others or you have a general question/comment, post it here.
----
The quickest way to unlock all the songs is to form a local band and play the challenges under Tour mode. After you complete 1st couple of challenges you should unlock a decade challenge (60's/70's/80's etc). Play strictly the decade challenges and a new one will open up each time. After the last challenge is complete you will have unlock all the songs while only playing around 25.

Has anyone tried to see how the voicechat works online? Can you hear the singer or is it just the headset?

Oh what is everyone's band name? I saw two bands on my friends list last night, but I didn't know who they were.

The wife and I are 'COD v2.0' (after the original COD band broke up because of a faulty blu-ray player).
Stand Up Chuck And Let Em See You!
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Re: RockBand 2 Discussion Thread

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I'm picking up my copy after work today and I'll be on tonight. Not sure of a band name yet but I'm leaning towards "The Dwile Flonkers".
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

i can use the Rock band guitar to play right? i lost the drum shit and im gonna go get RB 2 tonight.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

To those of you who already uploaded RB 1 songs......After I do this, do I still need the RB 1 disk? I think this is a dumb question with the answer being "why do you think you would have to upload the songs then" but just wanted to double check before I sold all my RB 1 stuff.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I wouldnt think you would need the RB1 disc anymore after you transferred all the songs, but not 100% sure.

I believe once one person unlocks a song, it is playable for ALL online..this is true, right??

I cant hear the singer but I did chat with Holmey and MCX last night but all chat is heard through the TV which kind of sucks.

I am going to start an instrument thread so we can get a feeling for what everyone likes to do when we meet up online.

I LOVE the rotating of the song choices when playing online.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

i haven't used my RB 1 disc since i got rb2 a month ago.
mcx79
Reactions:

Post by mcx79 »

am I the only one who noticed Enter Sandman did not carry over to RB2?
aim - mcx79
PSN - mcx79
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

is it easy to transfer songs from RB1 to 2?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

nick wrote:is it easy to transfer songs from RB1 to 2?
Very.

You just purchase the transfer download. Go to options I believe in RB1 and transfer songs. It will add them to your hard drive and then when you get RB2, they show up.

Bad ass set last night fellas. I noticed you cant really hear the drum fills this year. It just gets real quiet until that final note is hit. Odd.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

mcx79 wrote:am I the only one who noticed Enter Sandman did not carry over to RB2?
three songs didn't. "run to the hills" is one other, can't remember the other
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

So just what do you have to do to for the 20 free songs?
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

http://register.rockband.com/

put in the code on the back of the manual and wait til they come out.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I'm bumping this thread since it seems to have some good info I may need since I am completely clueless as how to do anything on this game, lol.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:I'm bumping this thread since it seems to have some good info I may need since I am completely clueless as how to do anything on this game, lol.
you hit buttons in succession with the pattern on the television to create music.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:
shel311 wrote:I'm bumping this thread since it seems to have some good info I may need since I am completely clueless as how to do anything on this game, lol.
you hit buttons in succession with the pattern on the television to create music.
LOL, ass.

Unfortunately, that is all I know how to do. When I get to Corey or Nole's house, the game is on and ready for me to play.

I know nothing about all these tour modes, and online modes, and downloading songs, and all the good shit.
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

this may be a really dumb question...and sorry it's so long!

first off, I have RB1 for my 360, I haven't played it since getting GH:WT for my PS3. For the 360, I used the X-plorer guitars from GH2 with RB1 and have two of them. I never used the drums but once or twice (they are now used as a toy for my daughter when I play GH:WT she likes to pretend to play with me...she's only 2 1/2). I mainly stick to singing and playing guitar as a band, my wife would step in to play bass every now and then. I play more of the drums in GH:WT, but haven't even attempted the mic with them. So with that knowledge, here is my question:

Option 1:
Should I buy RB2 for my 360 and stick to the X-plorer guitars (which are wired and suck compared to the wireless gem that came with GH:WT, which unfortunately doesn't work for the 360).

or

Option 2:
Do I break down and buy RB1 and RB2 for my PS3 and a new wireless guitar?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Option 1 is less expensive, but sticks me with wired guitars, drum set I won't use, and on a system I don't turn on as much anymore. Also, if I care to get online, it costs me money because Live sucks to have to pay for! However, this will only costs me as much as the RB2 game and I already have several songs downloaded to my 360 from RB1.

Option 2 allows me to use my new wireless controller from GH:WT, and my PS3. I won't buy the bundle as I won't even use the drum set, however, I have to buy both RB1 again and RB2 to get the entire setlist. Also I would buy another wireless controller for my wife to step in. I already have a couple mics and a mic-stand so I'm set there. The best thing is getting online free and hopefully hooking up with some of the NDLers here.

Sorry there is so much to read here, but this is a purchase I'm thinking of making soon. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
footballkelly31
Reactions:

Post by footballkelly31 »

OK stupid question

I have rockband one, will all the equipment be compatible with RB2?
Sea. 14: UTEP MINERS 4-8
Sea. 15: STANFORD CARDINALS 3-9
Sea. 16: WAKE FOREST 2-10
Sea. 17: COLORADO ST. 3-9
Sea. 18: SOUTHERN MISS 5-7
Sea. 19: KENT ST. 3-9
Sea. 20,21: LOUISVILLE CARDINALS 1-11
Sea. 22-24: TEMPLE OWLS 24-15
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

footballkelly31 wrote:OK stupid question

I have rockband one, will all the equipment be compatible with RB2?
Yes sir!!!
footballkelly31
Reactions:

Post by footballkelly31 »

Nice so all i need is the game plus a guitar since mine took a shit recently
Sea. 14: UTEP MINERS 4-8
Sea. 15: STANFORD CARDINALS 3-9
Sea. 16: WAKE FOREST 2-10
Sea. 17: COLORADO ST. 3-9
Sea. 18: SOUTHERN MISS 5-7
Sea. 19: KENT ST. 3-9
Sea. 20,21: LOUISVILLE CARDINALS 1-11
Sea. 22-24: TEMPLE OWLS 24-15
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

footballkelly31 wrote:Nice so all i need is the game plus a guitar since mine took a shit recently
a trained guitar, what more in life could one want? haha

Return to “Rockband”