College Basketball

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: College Basketball 2016-2017

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:i think takin a shot at anyones kid will get a reaction.

Barkley also said he'd face Ball 1v1
I read the quote, it was actually a veiled shot at Lebron, sorta. He basically if he were a huge star, he wouldn't have time for his kids so he'd hire a trainer and hope they turn out ok, so that's implying Lebron isn't a good Dad, so yea, I can see Lebron taking exception to that. Though I also can see him not giving the dad the time of day.

All I know is I never want him to stop talking, this dude is fantastic!!!
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

Cnasty wrote:It seems the burglars were confused and thought they already had the 1 billion and robbed their house last night.
THEY WERE LOOKING FOR CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS AND FOUND NONE IN THE HOUSE
plasma1896
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by plasma1896 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:The youngest one is legit. The middle kid will struggle at UCLA. He's not very athletic and will be a major liability on defense. No more half court cherry picking for him will be trouble.
My son played against the youngest last year. he has skills on offense, but plays no defense at all, and is a great cherry picker. plays a high defense at the top and just keeps drifting out towards midcourt looking for outlet pass.

brons kid is legit
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

East region is a trainwreck for me... i've had Florida in my final 4, Virginia and now i'm pussing out and taking Villanova as of right now. What a brutal region that is. moral of this story, probably best for everyone to take Duke.

i also like Kentucky the most right now of any team, but they have to potentially play Wichita St, UCLA, UNC, whoever from the top right. then a champ game... would be an insanely tough stretch especially for a young team.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I'm looking forward to the annual early Gonzaga flameout.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's really sad how much my interest in March Madness has dropped to completely irrelevant like tennis or golf.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

My final four is Duke, Kansas, Zona, UNC with Kansas over Zona in championship. I didnt pick near as many upsets as usual. Rhode Island to sweet 16 was about as bold as I got. Kind of a boring bracket so expect an amazing tourney with tons of upsets lol
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:It's really sad how much my interest in March Madness has dropped to completely irrelevant like tennis or golf.
Give me the PGA over anything non MSU right now
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Tom Crean just got fired.

My wish list:
1. Gregg Marshall
2. Chris Holtmann
3. Archie Miller

I'm not including Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan on my list because neither will be coaching IU anytime soon. IU fans salivate daily over Stevens and insist that it's realistic. It's not. Same goes for Donovan.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote:East region is a trainwreck for me... i've had Florida in my final 4, Virginia and now i'm pussing out and taking Villanova as of right now. What a brutal region that is. moral of this story, probably best for everyone to take Duke.

i also like Kentucky the most right now of any team, but they have to potentially play Wichita St, UCLA, UNC, whoever from the top right. then a champ game... would be an insanely tough stretch especially for a young team.

I had zero faith in UVA for this game.

Kentucky / Wichita State game will be one of the best in the tourney. I have Kentucky winning it all but if the Shockers win this one they can make a huge name for themselves for the casual fan.
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:Tom Crean just got fired.

My wish list:
1. Gregg Marshall
2. Chris Holtmann
3. Archie Miller

I'm not including Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan on my list because neither will be coaching IU anytime soon. IU fans salivate daily over Stevens and insist that it's realistic. It's not. Same goes for Donovan.

Marshall or Stevens are a homerun. Holtmann and Miller are nice options, but clearly a step below the other 2.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Princeton had the double team set up in the corner. Why would you then foul on purpose instead of waiting it out? THere's plenty enough time left.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

my hate for ND has me 0-1 so far
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Wow Vandy lol. They hit the go ahead bucket with 15 seconds left and some kid runs and intentionally fouls a guy because he apparently thinks they are down 1. This will get the Vegas conspiracy theorists rolling
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

someone in the Xavier-Maryland game is from East York, Ontario. Ayee thats my area!!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

not sure what the conspiracy theorists could say since that was the kid that brought Vandy back in the game.

just a depressing way to end a game. the coaching was so bad for Vandy tho. they had no idea what to do with the ball in a one possession game on at least 3 or 4 possession under 5 minutes and they had no timeouts. then that foul. then the last shot he heaves a 3 instead of attacking immediately. hard to watch that kind of stuff
Boston_Rob
Reactions:

Post by Boston_Rob »

How about the end to the Princeton and Notre Dame game?
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

DRiccio21 wrote:not sure what the conspiracy theorists could say since that was the kid that brought Vandy back in the game.

just a depressing way to end a game. the coaching was so bad for Vandy tho. they had no idea what to do with the ball in a one possession game on at least 3 or 4 possession under 5 minutes and they had no timeouts. then that foul. then the last shot he heaves a 3 instead of attacking immediately. hard to watch that kind of stuff
Yeah, I do not think that game will help the hype with Drew as a coach although I keep hearing he is the main target for Illinois. To burn your last time out with 7 to go and then watch this kid dribble and heave a 30 footer was pretty bad. I didn't care who won but after that foul I was really hoping Vandy could at least get it to overtime so the kid could not be blamed
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Annual bracket challenge with my boys, loser has to pick from a list of suggestions. This year they include:

-Eat a dozen of BWWs hottest wings
-Shave a standalone mustache and wear it for 2 weeks
-Mac & Beer challenge: Eat a box of mac & cheese and drink a 12 oz beer in under a minute. If failed, repeat with 30 seconds added. Continue until completed under the time limit
-Beer mile (chug a beer every quarter mile)
-Slam 2 cigarettes in the least amount of drags possible (none of us smoke)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Gimmie dem wings.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”