Question on etiquette

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.

Cheesy or not?

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 44

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Question on etiquette

Post by Cnasty »

NCAA sanctions coming down hard on Clemzzzzzzzon. :lol:
brocam
Reactions:

Post by brocam »

RanDawg wrote:Or, you are telling me that in real life, an opponent will call a time out to ice your kicker, then the kicking team will call a timeout to "un"ice his kicker???? That is BS.
You're telling me in real life after the defense calls a timeout, the kicker walks back on the field with a foggy visor and his brain has been surgically altered where he can't communicate with his leg on proper leg strength? If it's in the game....
Stand Up Chuck And Let Em See You!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

brocam wrote:You're telling me in real life after the defense calls a timeout, the kicker walks back on the field with a foggy visor and his brain has been surgically altered where he can't communicate with his leg on proper leg strength? If it's in the game....

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!! :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

brocam wrote: You're telling me in real life after the defense calls a timeout, the kicker walks back on the field with a foggy visor and his brain has been surgically altered where he can't communicate with his leg on proper leg strength? If it's in the game....

niiiiice
Quest4Gold
Reactions:

Post by Quest4Gold »

well the Powers above can make it a rule so people stop doing it. I voted No, but just saying it because I didn't know it was done so much.
vicktim7
Reactions:

Post by vicktim7 »

ea will compsenate next year. the "thaw the kicker" feature will be added. then they will add "celebrate with the kicker" in which case a grammatica will come out and dance with your kicker, causing him to blow out his knee.
QofW: Re: The Dr. Is In
Weasel wrote:
tball275 wrote: The salads I eat for lunch are all kale and spinach. It's bitter, though.
Does the smell of your own urine knock you out or what?
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

reguardless of cheese or not, you wont find me trying to ice no kicker. how do you ice a kicker that is a sr on his home turf. anyhow, if you play me, dont worry about seeing the ice the kicker feature, it wont happen from me. doesnt mean i d think it was bad if it was done to me, i just wont do it.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

buckeye76 wrote:reguardless of cheese or not, you wont find me trying to ice no kicker. how do you ice a kicker that is a sr on his home turf. anyhow, if you play me, dont worry about seeing the ice the kicker feature, it wont happen from me. doesnt mean i d think it was bad if it was done to me, i just wont do it.
I don't mind if someone does.

I never thought about it, but I guess I probably wouldn't do it, who knows, lol.

But I've been iced a few times and dont think I've missed yet. In fact, the meter still moves EXACTLY like it does if you're not iced, so it doesn't affect the kick at all. At least that's what I've found.

Ice away!!!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

When I need to ice the kicker I just go to my computer and boot up a netbomb to overload my internet connection and lag the shit out of the game. I'm straight cheddar!

;)
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

i guess im trying to figure one thing out. this loophole ...is the loophole the coming out in a run play or the TO to unice the kicker.

If people are complaining about the TO to unice the kicker, I saw tough. thats smart strategy. If somehow the coming out in a run play. then calling TO and then kicking the FG makes the FG automatic then thats a diff issue.

Ive been iced before. It was dudes last TO to end a half or a game. i had 3 Tos left. I came back out in FG formation and called my own TO. Why would that be cheese or avoiding a loophole?
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

I dont care one way or the other, I was playing someone the other day who did that, called the to to unice the kicker.. we were playing on headset.. called him an ass hole we laughed and I said smart

Ended up him having to eventually run a play i got lucky he broke it open for some major yards I stopped him just short of a td but he ran out of time for the fg ..

But I think people say it is a loophole, because if a team sends their kicker out to kick a fg and the opposing team calls timeout to ice the kicker.. you really think the kickers coach is gonna call another time out, and that amazingly uniced the kicker, or gave him less to think about..
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

One thing i will add. If i am in FG randge with 25 seconds and have all 3 of my timeouts, i have time to go for like 3 more regular plays which is enough time for a TD. Screw the FG....TD or bust :)
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

hopefully to squash this petty arguement. The ice the kicker thing is a feature, just like any other aspect of the game. Once called, it doesn't matter if the offense calls a timeout of their own, it will still be in effect once they call the FG kick again. The only way to get out of it is to call a different play after the timeout. If you do that, then run that play, don't then call your own timeout (now knowing that the defense does not have any more left) just to then come back with the FG kick and kick again, that is unrealistic. If someone ices me, I say screw it (again, it's the same as kicking normally with a different view and some foggy stuff on the screen).

I personally never use this feature, I'd rather save my timeouts for a good purpose.
bearass
Reactions:

Post by bearass »

if this was cheesy there would be a rule against having it turned on in the ndl, i feel like we have rules for anything that can be questionable and we adjust them every year to fit the nuisances of each yrs game
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

ajalves wrote:One thing i will add. If i am in FG randge with 25 seconds and have all 3 of my timeouts, i have time to go for like 3 more regular plays which is enough time for a TD. Screw the FG....TD or bust :)

....Dually noted :twisted:

Lining up the Prevent D right now 8-)
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

VTrunNgun wrote:
ajalves wrote:One thing i will add. If i am in FG randge with 25 seconds and have all 3 of my timeouts, i have time to go for like 3 more regular plays which is enough time for a TD. Screw the FG....TD or bust :)

....Dually noted :twisted:

Lining up the Prevent D right now 8-)

Shiiiiit, it'll take 1/2 that much time verse GT :P

I'd be more concerned about leaving too much time on the clock :D
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

ajalves wrote:

Shiiiiit, it'll take 1/2 that much time verse GT :P

I'd be more concerned about leaving too much time on the clock :D

Dually noted as well...Queuing up the 4 Horsemen now...Nesbitt, Dwyer, Jones, and Kelly...

Best start preping to defend the option attack...Allllllllll the way down the field...Tick Tock pimpin :twisted:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

VTrunNgun wrote:
Dually noted as well...Queuing up the 4 Horsemen now...Nesbitt, Dwyer, Jones, and Kelly...

Best start preping to defend the option attack...Allllllllll the way down the field...Tick Tock pimpin :twisted:

I'm not big on playing defense.....
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

ajalves wrote:
VTrunNgun wrote:

I'm not big on playing defense.....

Good to know...My offense is poo, so it should be even more fun :D
Quest4Gold
Reactions:

Post by Quest4Gold »

dakshdar wrote:When I need to ice the kicker I just go to my computer and boot up a netbomb to overload my internet connection and lag the shit out of the game. I'm straight cheddar!

;)
Oh so that is how I lost the Bicus Playoff game against you in OT LOL. J/K

Return to “NDL Open Forum”