NDL Reboot Waitlist / Application

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: NDL Reboot Waitlist / Application

Post by The_Niddler »

If the online franchise cannot handle all the guys that want to sign up through here, we will definitely do it old school.
Holmey has been working to get everything set up and functioning the way it used to and even better.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

The current number of submitted applications is well over the previous limits that the games put on dynasties, so my guess is that it goes full old school. Hopefully we get as many previous members as possible back on board prior to going fully public with the invites. Having been 10 years since the last game dropped, there is a whole new generation of people that had no idea something like NDL existed prior.

As he just mentioned, I have been using some of the free time I have to get the stat entry back up and running so that we can host independently of the game. Lots of the previous things we had are back functioning but trying to make sure it all works correctly before this coming July when the game hopefully comes out.

The potential for cross platform could also double the potential application pool. As far as I know, there was nothing like this for the XBOX side and now that may be possible.
razorback44
Reactions:

Post by razorback44 »

Are you planning to kick things off on release week or have a buffer in between?
AIM: lazydayz446
PSN: lazydayz44

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Make sure you add a rule: Use of AI for recaps is strictly prohibited and will be met with removal from the league!
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

cougnix wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:57 pm Make sure you add a rule: Use of AI for recaps is strictly prohibited and will be met with removal from the league!
use of AI.....lol..... hell I barely can figure out how to write one up without having to figure out how to use AI.
ImageImageImage
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

Looks like current Madden has gotten cross play on franchise mode. My guess is online H2H is just a matter of time if it isn’t already.

I played a couple of rounds of the college OT rules that they had last week. Surprisingly was about half and half of good quality games vs one play warriors.
TheRealDray
Reactions:

Post by TheRealDray »

Is there a demo out or you got connections? Lol
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

College OT rules was a madden MUT mode for about a week while the CFP was underway. Wish it was a college demo
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

I’m in. Didn’t realize this thread was here even though I check OOTP every day 🫣

Got the release date circled on the calendar. We’ll see if I can get anyone to break it!
ImageImageImageImage
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

texasfan4444 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:14 pm
fsupenguin wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm Interesting, do you have any estimate of how many users you are realistically expecting/hoping for? And if the online franchise is limited (like it used to be 12 I believe), is the plan then to go completely odd school and take down stats and everything like we used to have to?
I wouldn't mind the old-school approach at all. :D
I think the old-school approach is the only way to go.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

We are proceeding with the old-school method.
That is what Holmey has been planning for and getting the website all setup and functioning for.

The only way that does not work is if the game happens to allow however many people we have in the league. Which, right now, there are 56 applicants so far.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

"old school" will also allow for the coach reports, season to season stat compare, coach voting, etc.

I am sure there will be some spawn to the side recruiting dynasties that will pop up to run along the main full user per team option
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

Well, I hope it's ok that I put myself as a reference...
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

Return to “Off Topic Forum”