Random Discussions

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Random Discussions

Post by ajalves »

granted I don't eat fast food like I did in my younger days, but chick fil a never feels like they take long at all, and they have never messed up an order for us
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I also figure CFA probably has longer lines than all the others combined(only half joking), so it makes sense that it takes longer.

I saw something like this a while back, and apparently when some of these places tell you to pull ahead or pull into a parking spot and they'll bring your food, that's partly to hit these metrics. Once you leave the line, it counts as done whether you get your food or not.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

deep research by Shel....impressive
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I had always assumed the timing came from when an order popped up on their screen in the "kitchen" to when that order is cleared off the screen at the drive thru window or for the counter. However long that order was on that screen was the time they used.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Its like those places that move you around a lot to make you feel like you are waiting less.

Chickfila perfects that.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The CFA thing is definitely due to long lines.

CFA is the only place I've ever been that will sometimes be holding my bag of food out of the window waiting for me to drive up and grab it. Freaky fast!

That being said, I'll deal with the world's worst customer service at Popeye's 10 out of 10 times over all of the other restaurants just to get that delicious...everything!
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

food talk on these boards always makes me incredibly hungry
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:20 am food talk on these boards always makes me incredibly hungry
Definitely

I love eating at restaurants and fast food but we don't do it often. Fast food maybe once a month, if that. We do try to go eat at a restaurant every Friday night, but it's probably more like every other Friday night.

We did just take a quick 4 day vacation down to San Antonio, so we were eating out twice a day for 3-4 days, and I've never felt fatter, it gets old quickly. But it also could have something to do with the fact that I've probably never actually been fatter. :lol:
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

We're terrible about eating out. It's sports season, so we're lucky to have the whole family in 1 spot for more than 30min most of the time.

This is generally my daughters' October schedule...

Mon: Younger has soccer (light night!)
Tue: Younger has cheer; Older has soccer (Coach)
Wed: Younger has soccer (Coach); Older has cheer
Thu: Both have piano; Younger has cheer at games; Older has soccer (Coach)
Fri: Both have tumbling... sometimes piano if we can't make Thu right after school
Sat: Both have 1-2 games of soccer, usually different locations (so far only 1 tournament the same) (Coach older); Older has cheer at game, usually after the 2 morning soccer games
Sun: Both have early soccer; Oldest would have cheer if Sunday game

My older plays on our Black select team and subs on our Gold select team. I coach all of the Black team practices and games. For Gold, the 2 teams train together, so I'll handle those, then we have another coach for gamedays there. My younger just plays on 1 team. They train with their head coach on Mondays, so I usually don't attend. I try to take that night for myself. On Wednesday, I'll either run or co-run skills training for U8 girls and boys for our club.

So just depending on the night/day, there's been a lot of pizza and wings (girls love traditional wings). Try to pack healthier snacks on longer days, we definitely struggle with too much dining out or on the go.
PSN: ReignOnU
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

lol.

Kids are in college now, so the wife and I usually meet once a week or so at a restaurant (because we don't feel like cooking)...

last night we went to a new Mexican place .....had some carne esada tacos on corn tortillas...freaking fantastic

I notice the Mexican restaurants have these refried beans that are pretty much 'whipped' or pureed ....not sure I will ever eat traditional refried beans again
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Good news... I "think" we're done w/cheer after this season.

Right now I'm trying to sort out if my older daughter does Indoor Soccer, Futsal, extended training and/or plays basketball for the first time. At least if we double up 1 of the soccer options and basketball, the soccer option will be just 1 night/day a week and not 3-4.
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Reign spitting truth.

I coach my sons football team, mix in golf lessons for him a couple times a week, cheer 2 times a week and now volleyball. We have 2 days a week with no practices/lessons/games and thats Wednesday/Sunday.

That being said we normally eat out only on Friday and usually Uber Eats or something in a neighborhood order while watching football on Saturday.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Same here with the eating out. On the go a lot too.
Monday - Flag football practice (Coach)
Tuesday - Basketball practice (Coach)
Wednesday - Flag football practice (Coach)
Thursday - Basketball practice (Coach)
Friday - Nothing
Saturday - Nothing
Sunday - Flag Football games till Nov 6th, then Basketball games start Nov 6th.

Once this basketball league is over, we start up one through Upward Sports, that starts in January and practice will be 2 days per week with games on Saturdays.
But he will have nothing else going on during that season.
Then it will be into Baseball season come March when I coach his team and run our local little league organization.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Cue the Riccio "so busy!" tag line.

#dadlife
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Worth it...
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I wouldn't have it any other way. I love coaching the kids and getting to know them. It helps so as they get older, I know the kids I can trust my kid to be out with and who to watch out for.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:00 am I also figure CFA probably has longer lines than all the others combined(only half joking), so it makes sense that it takes longer.
Youre actually right. When the study accounted for time/order, CFA was actually at or near the top
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ajalves wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:54 am lol.

Kids are in college now, so the wife and I usually meet once a week or so at a restaurant (because we don't feel like cooking)...

last night we went to a new Mexican place .....had some carne esada tacos on corn tortillas...freaking fantastic

I notice the Mexican restaurants have these refried beans that are pretty much 'whipped' or pureed ....not sure I will ever eat traditional refried beans again
There with you with no kids in the house. So extremely hard to cook for just 2 people. Hell, it was hard to cook for 3 people. We don't go out to eat often, but I do try to cook a nice meal once or twice a week, did up a nice split chicken breast over sweet potatoes in a white wine sauce last night (it tasted good but I like my chicken to be hot wings). We also meet up with the sister-in-law at her house every other week and we cook and sit around and have a couple drinks. Next week they are coming here so i have to figure out what to cook for 3 extremely picky ladies. I refuse to cook steaks because they like them well done, almost leather like. I did "force" my 15 year old niece to try a steak the right way, medium, and she said it was good but she felt like she was eating the cow while it was still in the pasture. I think she's a hopeless cause on how a steak should be cooked.

As far as fast food. I might get fast food from a burger joint once every other month or 3 months. Now if it's sub sandwhiches, I could eat those 3 or 4 times a week, but don't offer me subway or Jimmy Johns. Jersey Mike's, Penn Station, Firehouse are my go to. And we have a local place here called Lil King's that I enjoy as well. And I have no clue what the infatuation is with CFA. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and am not a fan at all! But that goes for all chicken places. The only time I like chicken is when I have chicken wings, and I eat a lot of them. I'll stop after washing and grab 10 from the bar and go home to eat. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my wings too so it can't be just thrown together like B-Dubs or Hooters.
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

CFA is solid but far from my favorite and my kids actually don’t like it which is incomprehensible compared to their friends who eat it so often.

100% though on subs as I can eat a damn good sub errrrday!
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

All this kid talk is making me not want to have a kid even more.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”