Politics and stuff

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: 2016 Presidential Election

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Uuaww wrote:Hilary is still very likely to win the nominee and a democrat is at worst just as likely to win president. I don't understand how you can say Hillary has no shot at all. Do you not understand that 99% of the country doesn't give a shit about this email issue you are hung up on? she will never face trial.

Not sure how I am hung up on. Look at her trustworthy numbers in the polls

Look at independents. Republicans and Democrats are always going to back their candidate.
http://www.pollingreport.com/hrc.htm

I had an ABC poll showing her at 36% trustworthy among democrat voters on fellow democrat candidates.

Just go thru the polls and you will see most Americans don't find her trustworthy. If it was JUST the emails I would agree with you but it's not. She has been in this for the political game since she was first lady in Arkansas
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Trump is against exporting jobs overseas.....yet his clothing line company is based in China and Mexico
Trump is against illegals getting jobs ahead of Americans....yet his buildings have been proven to have been built by illegal workers, his clubs are staffed by people on work visas, and his own personal staffers are immigrants
Trump wants to make America great again....yet he has not given a single REAL, viable plan on how he plans to do that

Trump is the "angry white man" who doesn't care about what is PC, and that's why so many of his followers and supporters are angry white individuals who harbor nationalistic (and borderline racist) views. I don't personally know a single Trump supporter who hasn't made racist or prejudicial comments/jokes in the past. I seriously don't.

His reaction to people who question him is to mock them, throw them out, and threaten them. Tell me again how he is going to work with Congress and be able to compromise?

He had made fun of physically handicapped people, people of different religions, and people of different ethnicities, and has never once apologized. Tell me again how a man with no tact and no remorse is going to be a good leader, or be able to show diplomacy?

His die-hard supporters (the ones who live and breath everything he says and see no fault in anything he does) think he's going to be able to act differently when he's in office and dealing with foreign heads of state. That scares me. Not just because they actually believe that, but because they're that naive and ignorant and their vote counts just as much as an intelligent person's.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

All true and all very well said.

I do enjoy his no frills attitude but a lot of that is just for face and he uses that bravado to cover up his lies and it will work with a large percentage of the population in this nation. Playing to his audience.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
Uuaww wrote:Hilary is still very likely to win the nominee and a democrat is at worst just as likely to win president. I don't understand how you can say Hillary has no shot at all. Do you not understand that 99% of the country doesn't give a shit about this email issue you are hung up on? she will never face trial.

Not sure how I am hung up on. Look at her trustworthy numbers in the polls

Look at independents. Republicans and Democrats are always going to back their candidate.
http://www.pollingreport.com/hrc.htm

I had an ABC poll showing her at 36% trustworthy among democrat voters on fellow democrat candidates.

Just go thru the polls and you will see most Americans don't find her trustworthy. If it was JUST the emails I would agree with you but it's not. She has been in this for the political game since she was first lady in Arkansas
I don't doubt any of those things. I'm just saying it doesn't seem to matter to most Americans. Her odds of winning the Democratic nominee are still very very high. Her odds of winning the general election after that are somewhere between 45-55%

Which is a far shot from your no chance
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The debates feel like a complete waste of time. Cruz and Rubio go after Trump. Trump just keeps saying we will have a great economy, or a great healthcare system, or a great whatever. Carson... Why are you still here. Kasich appears to be the only level headed guy with actual ideas and experience, but he's not interesting so he gets no attention.
uf83198
Reactions:

Post by uf83198 »

jsence2 wrote:Trump wants to make America great again....yet he has not given a single REAL, viable plan on how he plans to do that
100% agree
S23: WKU 8-5 - Lil Caesars Bowl Champs
S24-25: Nebraska 5-7, 9-4 - Gator Bowl Champs
S26: TCU 8-5
S27: Northern Illinois 13-1 - MAC Champs - Fiesta Bowl Champs
S28: Florida 10-4 - SEC East Champs - Capital One Bowl Champs
PSN: uf83198
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

dakshdar wrote:The debates feel like a complete waste of time. Cruz and Rubio go after Trump. Trump just keeps saying we will have a great economy, or a great healthcare system, or a great whatever. Carson... Why are you still here. Kasich appears to be the only level headed guy with actual ideas and experience, but he's not interesting so he gets no attention.

This.

I think Carson is just hanging around to try to catch on as a VP candidate
ImageImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Clinton vs Rubio
Winner: Clinton
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

The punch line to this sick joke is that we all lose no matter who wins.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Oliver the legend
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The lemur line had me dying.

The amazing thing is while being just absurdly funny, I learned more about Trump and most talking points in general watching John Oliver than most, if not all, other TV shows.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

I've been laughing at this for a few minutes now.

https://twitter.com/albz/status/704896063438774272
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I think maybe, just maybe, if he had done the Trump piece two weeks ago, it might have made a difference. It's too late now.

I'm honestly terrified at this point. Trump will destroy this country.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

jsence2 wrote:I think maybe, just maybe, if he had done the Trump piece two weeks ago, it might have made a difference
No chance
jsence2 wrote:Trump will destroy this country.
Expand on that, what will be destroyed?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:I think maybe, just maybe, if he had done the Trump piece two weeks ago, it might have made a difference
No chance
jsence2 wrote:Trump will destroy this country.
Expand on that, what will be destroyed?
I don't think if he had done this segment back in August it would have made a difference.

I read an opinion piece that was saying the more the media bashes Trump the stronger his support becomes. Now the KKK/David Duke thing and the media is making it out to be more than it is (IMO), but never say anything about Clinton's support for Barry Goldwater who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Way too much media bias.

The news needs to get back to doing the news and stop with their agendas with trying to shape political races. So far the people have spoken in the GOP and it looks like Trump will be the man to take on Clinton. If Republicans refuse to vote like they did with Romney then we'll have at least 4 more years of failed policy with her running the country. But, we could have 4 more years of failed policy if Trump wins the election as well....we just don't know for sure.

Everyone supporting Trump is slapping the GOP establishment in the face. This is what you get when the GOP have ignored the people for so long. After this election I hope the GOP goes back to trying to eliminate big government and back to the conservative movement.

During Trumps victory speech on Super Tuesday someone was asking him about being a conservative or something or other. He said he was a commonsense conservative. He supports Planned Parenthood, except for the abortion part. We need to get away from what is Republican and what is Democrat and pass laws that makes sense for most Americans and America herself.

But Jason, please elaborate on why America will be destroyed if Trump is elected and why Clinton/Bernie is the answer.
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I seriously doubt a huge amount of people that are leaning toward Trump watch John Oliver.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

I just really think if we get Hilary vs Trump that we are looking at 4 years of not a lot happening unless someone else makes us do something.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's sad to see Hillary beating up Bernie so bad because if you asked the average American what they want from their president I would be pretty confident in thinking they would love my man Bernie.

It ain't over yet but tough uphill road from here for Bern.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I actually think the opposite. If Trump is president and the house continues as is, with Ryan as speak, I believe a lot of policy can get passed. I don't think the massive talking points like building the wall or repealing the ACA will happen, but I think there is a lot of wiggle room for things to get through. There will be more compromise, maybe more than the GOP would really like. I don't know if it's an overall positive thing or not, but I do think it could be a very active term.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

It really scares me to think what a meeting between Trump and Kim Jong-un would be like.
The start of the next World War?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “Off Topic Forum”