2013 College Football Season

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2013 College Football Season

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote: still think the USC/Texas game was better
Definitely.

Last night's game got pretty epic in the 4th quarter. The USC/Texas game was great pretty much the entire game.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

AJ McCarron’s mother asks if Jameis Winston is speaking English during his postgame interview
:lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
AJ McCarron’s mother asks if Jameis Winston is speaking English during his postgame interview
She tweeted it out, then deleted it.

2 things we now know about McCarron's mom:

1. Great boobs
2. Maybe just a tad on the racist or prejudice side

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:
ajalves wrote:
She tweeted it out, then deleted it.

2 things we now know about McCarron's mom:

1. Great boobs
2. Maybe just a tad on the racist or prejudice side

very well could be....its funny though since this is what he said
"I said guys, we didn't come here for no reason,” Winston said. “I said, 'Guys, this is ours, man.' All the adversity we went through the first few quarters, it was ours to take. And like I've been saying, we control our own destiny, And those men looked me in my eye and said 'We got this Jameis.' I said, 'Are you strong?' They said, ‘I'm strong if you strong.’ I said, 'We strong then.'"
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

He was laying it on prettttttty thick.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I mean, I understood every word he said and every thought he was making. He's just a dude who shows his emotions in interviews.

The "is this English" line was a bit much. Hell I understand Winston better than AJ McCarron's Southern Bama accent half the time :lol:
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:I mean, I understood every word he said and every thought he was making. He's just a dude who shows his emotions in interviews.

The "is this English" line was a bit much. Hell I understand Winston better than AJ McCarron's Southern Bama accent half the time :lol:

I dont think she literally meant "are those English words coming out of his mouth"
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:
shel311 wrote:I mean, I understood every word he said and every thought he was making. He's just a dude who shows his emotions in interviews.

I dont think she literally meant "are those English words coming out of his mouth"
I put the qualifier in there to avoid that exact response :lol:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Watching that game made me realize just how far Miami has dropped and how much better they need to get to even sniff even a conference title.

Those teams just executed so well at certain points of that game and they just looked more athletic if that is possible and built better than most of the teams I watched this year. Auburn on D was so draped on those receivers on those 3rd downs it was insane.

Credit to Jimbo for making some huge adjustments in the 2nd half and mixing the run back in and going to that same outside short pass and formation about 80% of the time where they bunched in tight on the formation and killed Auburn.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I also dont think she couldnt decifer his thoughts.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:I also dont think she couldnt decifer his thoughts.
I'd imagine if someone found quotes of stuff AJ McCarron said right after winning 1 of his 72 titles with Bama, you'd find very similar quotes, the only difference would be the emotion showed by Winston was probably way more apparent.

Which circles back to what's her real reason for that tweet...makes you think. Hmm...
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I am starting to find Winston to be insincere even in the face of everyone writing about how sincere he is.

That said, Go Noles!
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Cnasty wrote:
jsence2 wrote:Best national championship game ever. Tops USC/Texas.
I still think the USC/Texas game was better and would even say the Miami/OSU game was even better than this one even with the painful outcome for my team.

This was definitely a classic though and one for the books. I was on the edge of my seat that last quarter. I cant imagine the actual fans of the teams playing with that much on the line with the how much adrenalin was pumping.
I think USC/Texas was a great game but as a Nole fan I think this was a perfect way to end the BCS era. The team that was dominant at the beginning of it finished it out on top.
steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

One comment that stood out during his post game interview that made me laugh was, paraphrasing

" I earned more respect in the last drive of this game that I received the entire season" It may be true, but he did win the heisman for doing the exact same things he did on that last drive.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

dont think he's going to be that good of a pro. Just my humble opinion

on the other hand, if I was a GM i'd spend a pick on Tre Mason. Not a 1st rounder or anything, but I think he will be pretty good in the pros
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

steelcitychaos wrote:

One comment that stood out during his post game interview that made me laugh was, paraphrasing

" I earned more respect in the last drive of this game that I received the entire season" It may be true, but he did win the heisman for doing the exact same things he did on that last drive.
I get what he was saying though. If he fails on that last drive, I think he's saying that in the eyes of many, basically all the good he did would be devalued based on that 1 drive.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Still has room to grow and work out the long mechanics and footwork as that is his biggest weakness and why his ball sails a lot.

He has good size and a great arm and may even get better which is crazy.

I think he gets that whining, foot stomping temper tantrum shit from Jimbo.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I think he'll be an elite level, top 5 type QB in the NFL.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

shel311 wrote:I think he'll be an elite level, top 5 type QB in the NFL.
what?

really?
Dolemitesooner
Reactions:

Post by Dolemitesooner »

I like Winston, but but he sounds dumb in interviews. Almost as dumb as when I type.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”