What do you want for Christmas?

Come one, come all. Talk about anything not league or video game football related here.
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

Post by JohnnyP »

Weasel wrote:I try to do all of my own home improvements and have had to borrow my dad's a few times, figured it's a tool I know I'd use and would be good to have. In particular, I get bushes/vine/weed that sprouts up along my chain linked fence, occasionally engulfing the links. Sawzall is perfect to cut it out, occasionally cut through the chain, and get the bulb mass out below ground level. I never know what to ask for as gifts, tools seem to make sense

Your roomate is not there to help out :lol:

All kidding aside why didn't you tell me you wanted that shit?

I am always looking to add to my helmet collection...I have 13 or 14 teams right now so always looking to add to that. Tools are also always a good gift.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

shel311 wrote: Another $430 gone into the car today.

The battery is no biggie, understandable. Other than maintenance stuff, this was the 1st time in 6 years I've had to have my car looked at for something. It was a nice run, but the $600 spent this week makes me forget about that streak. :x
What did you have done to it?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

OracleHCR wrote:
shel311 wrote: Another $430 gone into the car today.

The battery is no biggie, understandable. Other than maintenance stuff, this was the 1st time in 6 years I've had to have my car looked at for something. It was a nice run, but the $600 spent this week makes me forget about that streak. :x
What did you have done to it?
$150 battery on Tuesday.

About $450 on a tune-up, compression test and a couple of other things due to a misfire on the 5th cylinder. And no, I don't know what any of that means. :lol:

Also didn't help that I was at work and the wife said she'd find a place to take it, and the place she found was the most expensive place possible, the Jeep/Dodge dealership. Fml.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Yeah. You need to watch out for dealerships. Was the check engine light on? If it was misfiring the check engine light would have come on.
If your check engine light ever comes on in the future you can take it to Autozone and they'll hook up to your OBDII port and check the code for you rather than taking it to the dealership right off.
Or on a Dodge you can check the code yourself by turning the key on and off 3 times rapidly. Don't start it but just turn the key to the on position 3 times. The code(s) will display between the tachometer and the speedometer. Then you can look the code up yourself online.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Check engine light did come on.

Great tips there, I did not know either of those, good to know.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

It's just always better going in to a dealership or mechanic kinda knowing what to expect. If you know the code you can tell them that an O2 sensor is bad or cylinder number 5 is misfiring. That way they can't throw something at you out of the blue like your transmission needs to be overhauled or something else that costs major bucks.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

So close!!!

Its so funny to hear non-NDL people talk about the PS4??!

I was talking to this older guy at work today about what he got his kids for Christmas. He goes "I got them that new Playstation or whatever. I said the PS4????

He goes, no the PS3. Isnt that the newest one??

His teenage sons are gonna be pisssssed :lol:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Wanting a new tablet, the one I have now is bogging down and they stopped doing updates for it. Think the parents are getting me the Note 10.1

outside of that....not really anything I "want". Just another year of health and happiness.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

jsence2 wrote: Think the parents are getting me the Note 10.1
I want this beast and still trying to trade in my iPad for it but its still a little too pricey at this point.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:
I want this beast and still trying to trade in my iPad for it but its still a little too pricey at this point.
Gift cards are on the horizon!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I can only hope!
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Cnasty wrote:

I told them to get me the original one. The current one is too high for the difference between them. The 2012/13 one is almost just as good, and still better than almost any Android tablet out there. The S-pen works really well w it. And you can get that version for under $450.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-No ... xy+note+10

$449 right now, prime eligible, 32 gb (expandable to 64 w micro-SD), and has a 4.6 rating from users. If you're willing to take a small hit in performance/screen from the "new" one, grab it. It's still a top notch tablet.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Even that is too much for last year's model.

My ipad is great and the screen is top notch but I want to use XBMC on it so wanted to get at least an even trade or only have to pay minimally for it.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

buckeye76 wrote::lol: We are at toys r us today picking up some last minute gifts. I wonder off and ask about the PS4....the lady looks at me and says you know we may have one more left do you want it......? I said yeah. We'll she checks.......and its a no go...none left. I was ready damn it!!!
I was just at Walmart and they had 4 there. They must've just come in since they only had 2 there a couple days ago and I saw somebody buy one of those. They have 4 xbox ones that have been sitting on the shelf since last monday but they can't keep the ps4's in stock.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”