Call of Duty: Ghosts

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Post by sixpackdan101 »

Hoos wrote:Originally Posted by Activision

Activision Shares New Multiplayer Information on Next Generation of Call of Duty®

Dynamic Map "Free Fall" Delivers New Multiplayer Experience As Players Encounter Constantly Changing Environment

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming, and the one set to raise the bar yet again this November 5th, is delivering a compelling, all-new pre-order incentive for Call of Duty: Ghosts highly anticipated multiplayer mode. Fans around the world that pre-order the game at participating retailers will receive the Free Fall downloadable bonus map that features the new dynamic map event mechanic, included with their copy of the game at launch. Free Fall ushers in the first details on how players will encounter the changing environments in the leading multiplayer experience on consoles.

As an example of just one of Call of Duty: Ghosts' new dynamic map events, Free Fall drops players into a shattered skyscraper on the brink of collapse. Sideways staircases climb into the night sky, elevator shafts run along the ground, and what were once windows now form a terrifying glass floor, hundreds of feet above the city streets. Free Fall's close-quarters combat and frenetic action are then thrown into overdrive as the ruined skyscraper continues to fall throughout the match. With every drop, the accompanying shockwaves cause further destruction, disrupting sightlines and constantly evolving paths and chokepoints as the map changes in real-time.
"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," said Mark Rubin, executive producer at Infinity Ward. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board. There's so much more that we look forward to sharing in the weeks to come."

Call of Duty: Ghosts, published by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the seminal Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® series, features an all-new world, story, characters and experiences, all powered by a new, next-gen engine. Call of Duty: Ghosts is not only a stunning leap forward for the mega-hit franchise, but also showcases what's possible on next generation consoles.

Call of Duty: Ghosts will release on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on November 5. Call of Duty: Ghosts will also release on the Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation® 4 later this year. Call of Duty: Ghosts has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts, http://www.facebook.com/CODGhosts, or follow on Twitter @InfinityWard.
So ghosts has a few shock waves and battlefield has an entire building that collapses.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

MP reveal will be Aug 14.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Hoos wrote:MP reveal will be Aug 14.
Do you still play? We need meat shields.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Haven't played in months. I'm sure I will be back to some shooter at some point.
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Just out of curiosity, how many people are planning on getting a PS4 before the end of the year?
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

nightwing_v6
Reactions:

Post by nightwing_v6 »

sammy33 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many people are planning on getting a PS4 before the end of the year?
Have PS4 and ghosts reserved.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Cod players
Day 1

Me
AJ
Mike
Dan
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

nightwing_v6 wrote:
sammy33 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many people are planning on getting a PS4 before the end of the year?
+1
The PS4 is paid off. Now working on paying off the games.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
nightwing_v6
Reactions:

Post by nightwing_v6 »

The_Niddler wrote:
nightwing_v6 wrote:
+1
The PS4 is paid off. Now working on paying off the games.
+2
Have PS4, madden, watch dogs, battlefield, ghosts, and a couple others all paid off
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Awesome. Looks like I'll be adding Ghosts to the list.
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

BFiVL wrote:Cod players
Day 1

Me
AJ
Mike
Dan
ill be there, you guys need me.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

No Ted. Hoos will be back. Why drink coke zero when we can have the real thing?
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

BFiVL wrote:No Ted. Hoos will be back. Why drink coke zero when we can have the real thing?
I prefer Ted because he actually talks. Sure, his conversation topics are limited to baking and tropical fruit, but its better than nothing.

Also, I haven't decided if I'm buying CoD yet. At the moment I have killzone reserved.
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Speaking of paying off things, can I pay off my PS4 on Amazon or not? I'd rather do it now but I don't see an option to do so.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

sixpackdan101 wrote: At the moment I have killzone reserved.
lol, see ya

I have Ghosts and BF4 both paid off already, PS4 also
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Regardless if Dan does or doesn't buy cod, can we all promise now to by Star Wars battlefront in 2015? :D
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

BFiVL wrote:Cod players
Day 1

Me
AJ
Mike
Dan

and me

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Multiplayer reveal is tomorrow. It is at 10:30am PDT.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

BFiVL wrote:No Ted. Hoos will be back. Why drink coke zero when we can have the real thing?
I was slow and didn't pre-order the PS4 right away. I might be fucked for a while. :|
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Dan voted you out in favor of Ted so no rush.

Return to “Shooters”