The Bottom 10 (Midseason Edition)

Get the latest news and NDL related articles by our talented group of writers.
iRoccafella
Reactions:

The Bottom 10 (Midseason Edition)

Post by iRoccafella »

Bringing another oldie but a goodie back, now that we have a decent amount of games in, this column spotlights the "backbone of the league" Those guys who keep chugging along despite being Ike Turnered throughout out much (if not all) of the season. Who shall lay claim to the almighty goose egg? Who shall rise (or fall in this case) to the hallowed throne of the Toilet Bowl (We should bring this back imo :lol:)? Here my friends, are your candidates through the midpoint of the season:

(Minimum 3 games played)

"Near the edge" Tier

Image#10 Illinois (0-4) - The Illini are the only winless team I'm putting in this category because they have such a brutal schedule. With winnable games against Pedo St, & one of our top toilet bowl candidates, Illinois will get a few more opportunities to shake off the old Goose Egg. Averaging 4 T/Os a game isn't helping by any means. Toilet Bowl probability: Minimal

Image#9 WKU (1-6) - Michael and the Hilltoppers are the first team in danger of being eliminated from bowl eligibility... can the right the ship? Is this the price paid for getting your games played in a timely fashion? Well, with John and newly annoited BCS buster FIU on deck, things do not look pretty WKU. Toilet Bowl Probabilty: Low

Image#8 La Tech (1-4) - Never a good sign when you have a losing record with a sub .500 opponent record. Workman and the Bulldogs have only topped 16 points in their lone victory against Purdue, which albeit impressive, was only able to amass 6 points against our #7 candidate. La Tech is averaging 4.8 turnovers per game. Perhaps EA missed the mark on that whole "sleeper" thing eh? Toilet Bowl probability: Low

Image#7 Colorado (1-5) - Wittness has a tough task, manning the cellar dweller of the Pac-12 power conference. Pushing the 4 picks a game threshold is not helping his cause. With his lone win against our #8 team, we may have a Toilet bowl preview another one of our candidates on this list doesn't get it together soon... But hey, on the bright side it could be worse. They could be the real life Buffs... with no mercy rule... Toilet Bowl Probabilty: Moderate

Image#6 Wyoming (0-3) - Coach Swelly's talking about dynasties. This would be one of the hardest job to lose in the NDL. Like Illinois, the Cowboys get in to the upper sector by virtue of a ridiculous schedule. Perhaps this is Swelly's way of self punishing after getting fired from his dream job... either that or he's getting paid by the big programs for cupcake wins. :lol: Either way, with no one wanting to even touch that Lobos team, Ol' Swelly should avoid the Big O. Toilet Bowl probability: Low

"Circling the drain" Tier

Image#5 Wake Forest (0-4) - The average Points for & Points against for the Deacons: 10.25 to 31.25. To Coach Jamie's credit, he has an opponent record of 14-3. When you consider that he only lost to UCLA 10-3, it puts the other 3 games in perspective. He has games against two former regulars of this list Kansas (Beefy) & Uuaww (B.C), depending on where those two coaches go, we may see some primo Toilet bowl action. Which will either solidify Jamie's place as a Toilet Bowl contender or propel him off the list. Toilet Bowl probability: Above Average

Image#4 Iowa St. (0-4) - The cyclones have been held scoreless in 2/4 games thus far. This doesn't bode well for the remainder of the season. However I think these guys have a less dubious schedule than the rest, and could very easily pull themselves out of top tier Toilet status, so long as they put some points on the board. Toilet Bowl probability: Moderate

Image#3 Fresno St (0-4) - Fresno has some tough matchups ahead, given that they were primed to be in contention in the MWC. With surprise standout CSU, the balance is all out of whack. They have Washington who remained off this list by virtue of a huge upset over Oregon, but those Huskies are tough and I don't think they can handle that firepower. However, again, Fresno at work may benefit from the vacated lobos position if it is not filled by season's end. Toilet Bowl Probability: Moderately High

Image#2 Cincy (0-4) - Coach Tig got off to a hot fire 0-4 start. One can be considered a mulligan as they squared off against Bama. While it would appear that the Bearcats will be fine with Miami OH on the list, they did upset Northwestern earlier in the season. Whether that upset is telling or not will depend on what happens with the rest of NW's games. However, this may get ugly for Cincy. Toilet Bowl probability: High

Image#1 Utah (0-5) - I don't think anyone saw this coming. Schoola got a good draft pick with an unlikely A team, was poised to make a run in the competitive Pac 12 South. Averaging less than a touchdown a game, and 15 yards on the ground, Schoola may have already punched his ticket out of town, and right in to the Toilet Bowl. Definite shocker of the year thus far. Toilet Bowl probability: Near Lock

Honorable Mentions: B.C., Kansas, Michigan, Army, Northwestern, Washington, Purdue, Tennessee

As always, it's any given Saturday, so you never know what could happen. These fellas could very easily jump off this list with 1 good block. Just know that league appreciates your efforts, and we are all grateful for your continued participation!
Last edited by iRoccafella on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Re: The Bottom 10 (Midseason Edition)

Post by Wasted Memory »

Good read man. Was nervous about seeing Tennessee on there. Give it time I guess. :lol:
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

Wasted Memory wrote:Good read man. Was nervous about seeing Tennessee on there. Give it time I guess. :lol:
great job sir!

I was excited thinking I'd see Purdue on there but...

maybe we were supposed to be one of the two Michigans that got honorable mention :(
MrChampagne3
Reactions:

Post by MrChampagne3 »

Great job, I love reading these kind of articles.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

MrChampagne3 wrote:Great job, I love reading these kind of articles.
This is what makes the NDL so special. Great read Roco.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

Fuckin Bully.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

buckeye76 wrote:
MrChampagne3 wrote:Great job, I love reading these kind of articles.
This is what makes the NDL so special. Great read Roco.
+1

swellvermin wrote:Fuckin Bully.
:lol:
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Good thing this wasn't the bottom 11, I'm pretty sure Washington would have been in there then.
ImageImageImage
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

NIce read, love articles like these as well!
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
iRoccafella
Reactions:

Post by iRoccafella »

chuskerpride wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote:Good read man. Was nervous about seeing Tennessee on there. Give it time I guess. :lol:
great job sir!

I was excited thinking I'd see Purdue on there but...

maybe we were supposed to be one of the two Michigans that got honorable mention :(
Good catch! You were supposed to be there actually :lol: UPDATED
AIM: JestaZ69 e-Mail: iRoccafella@gmail.com PSN - iRoccafella
ImageImage[/url]
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

iRoccafella wrote:Good catch! You were supposed to be there actually :lol: UPDATED
tig5165
Reactions:

Post by tig5165 »

sweet some pub....
Most nights from 6-8 pm eastern I can run
AIM: tig5165 (sometimes people say that can't see me on AIM if so just email me as it goes right to my phone)
PSN tag: tiger5165
masstiger5165@yahoo.com

Return to “NDL:ESPN”