PLay the Pass-Run and Season Showdown?????

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
justgiver31
Reactions:

Re: PLay the Pass-Run and Season Showdown?????

Post by justgiver31 »

To me as far as season showdown goes...i saw it on the menu, but never looked because its just another gay add on that EA does to some games....never knew it was a game changer. Thought it looked silly and was there for the cheesy fucks in the lobby. So im claiming ignorence due to just wanting to play the game without having to hold my mouth right or stand on one foot to get an advantage and I guess thats why i get a new team every year, because I suck and seem to be at a disadvantage on top of that. If its legal I guess I can shut up or get on board.
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

sorry for not responding earlier, work was over and we went to the bar afterward (always nice after a torturous in-service day)

By the way, I'll be posting a picture nole will find interesting in a bit from my phone.

Anyway, to answer the question about not selecting season showdown:

plain and simple, I think it is a stupid and wasted feature by EA and didn't want to buy into it. It has zero do do with this league. I don't want even more to look at/figure out with this game. I am someone who calls a play and tries to run it. I don't read the defense, I couldn't tell if someone was in 2 deep coverage or 3...nor do I care. I am not a die-hard fan of any one ncaa team...I didn't want to "represent" a certain team...I found that pointless for me. If I had graduated from any one certain ncaa college, then it would be different, but I didn't attend a Div-1 school. I found zero benefit to having it on. I don't care to know when my opponent is using a feature, I just want to play a fun straight game. I have found those in the NDL (which is why I joined) and is why I don't play lobby games ever. If I did, then maybe I would care.

Bottom line, the same reason I don't want it on is the same reason I don't play lobby games, I don't want to worry about anything but a fun straight game played. I actually love playing with it off so I don't even think about "this guys is abusing this feature"...someone could be running play the pass against me all game and I wouldn't really know it....and I don't care because I just play the game and have fun. I like playing the game without worry about the lame-ass features, and I find that more enjoyable.

I realize I write long responses..forgive me, I am an English teacher and writing is in my nature. I hope this helps explain a good reason as some of you are looking for one. Again, if you think I'm trying to "hide" something, you are sorely mistaken. What is there to hide anyway that isn't against the rules or not "judged" already for moderation's sake? Plus, from what I understand, once you make it active, you cannot turn it off and I don't want it on.
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

BillRoy wrote:Let me be clear-

I was referring to the "Play the Pass" feature. Use it all you want, I don't and won't- the people I play alot of the time (Hoos, Sxfeet, Big Stimpin'...I have NEVER seen them use it) and I will stop whatever I am doing to play a game with those guys.

I, just like everyone in the league has played guys that use the shit out of the "Play the Pass" feature; but make no mistake, I do not believe that the use of that feature was the reason I win/lose games.

Bottom line for me, if there is a portion of the ownership that has an issue with someone not having the "Season Showdown" feature enabled, then perhaps an addendum to the rules should be drafted. That would eliminate any questions coming up.

Let's just play the game
I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!!!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

We've been through this how many times?

Not reading :lol:
jeffdaddy
Reactions:

Post by jeffdaddy »

I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE IT ON OR NOT
Sounds gay to me
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

hey guys,

just 1 point of clarity (not to make this thread go on any longer but)

turning it on does NOTHING for you gameplay wise. It's not a cheesey gimmicky thing like the other stuff

it SIMPLY just shows a numbers comparison for the coaches in the game using the stuff (you or your opponent), and it shows in letters "used play the pass" "used line jump" or whatever

It does not in any way add or take away from the game in any way.

I can understand AJ's side...especially since his game is withiout question beyond reproach and he's gotten like 8 consecutive 100's on coaches reports back to when he 1st came in the league.

my "advice" is if you aint got at least 3 consecutive 100's on coaches, to turn it on. literaly takes less than 30 seconds and removes all doubt and NEED FOR ARGUMENT about why you dont have it on

I'm not with a ps3 right now so i cant post the exact steps

can someone do it and post?

im pretty sure its as simple as selecting "season showdown" from your main menu and picking your "favorite team" but wanna make sure since i havent done it since August
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Now is there a way to change your favorite team?
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

Nole4real wrote:hey guys,

just 1 point of clarity (not to make this thread go on any longer but)

turning it on does NOTHING for you gameplay wise. It's not a cheesey gimmicky thing like the other stuff
While I appreciate the way you approached this nole, because it does nothing for gameplay, it is yet another wasted feature by EA and why I feel I don't want to "buy into" it. I've heard quite a few guys wishing they could turn it off now, but seemingly you cannot once you turn it on. Also, the question is can you change your fav team...I don't know. I honestly do not want to know when my opponent is using those stupid features...it would only make the game more about "how is this guy trying to take advantage" rather than "this guy is making some great offensive/defenstive calls to stop/move the ball." I'd rather reward a guy that is playing by the NDL rules than look to penalize him because he's using the stupid features that ARE NOT AGAINST THE RULES. I would turn it on if all those gimmick features were banned..then it makes sense to have it on in order to not break the rules. But because the only one banned is "guess the run"..you can clearly see when this is called and having it on is not needed.

I would challenge that NOBODY HAS IT ON, and we can just go back to playing the game and having fun.

Either ban all the gimmick features or just play the game and have fun not worrying if someone is using a feature within the rules.

Obviously, Steamrollr is the only one who publicly has expressed he will dock a guy for not having it on...and since we're not dropping the lowest coaching report anymore, I guess I'll have to take that needless hit on mine. ...it's just a game, guys. I will continue to play and have fun (win/lose) and hope my opponent is not coming into the game ready to dock points ahead of time. :roll:
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

PDR

I do have to agree with steam on this. I wont dock anyone but play the run doesn't show up if you have it turned of. In that case it should be turned on. That is against the rule. So guys can use it and a guy can have it off and guess if he used it then I will dock or turn it on and prove your not using it. I played you enough to know you dont use it but it would help me score a person and rid doubt. I have stopped scrimming all together cause this game is no fun cause to many people over use all this crap on the game and complain way to much. We even have people advertising they turned on big run all game. Come on guys turn the shit off and play ball or use it in moderation for real.
BillRoy
Reactions:

Post by BillRoy »

Powers that be in thie NDL-

Listen, I am not sure how a rule hasn't been made way before the 4th page of this post.

Here are the good things that come from having each member register and activate Season Showdown:

-No speculation about anyone over-using Play the Pass
-No unnecessary docking of anyone coaches' report
-No more bitching for the remainder of Season XVII and XVIII (for the NCAA 10 release)---at least about this issue
-For those that do overuse the feature, it forces them to change their philosophy

Here are the bad things that come of it:

(crickets chirping)
No one can tell me any bad thing about this being done. Someone will post a quick tutorial for those who aren't familiar.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

pounddarock wrote: Also, the question is can you change your fav team...I don't know.
The question that I have is why in the world would you change your favorite team if your not seeit?

My favorite team will always be Nebraska whether 13-0 or 0-13
ImageImageImage
doc
Reactions:

Post by doc »

BillRoy wrote:Powers that be in thie NDL-

Listen, I am not sure how a rule hasn't been made way before the 4th page of this post.

Here are the good things that come from having each member register and activate Season Showdown:

-No more bitching for the remainder of Season XVII and XVIII (for the NCAA 10 release)---at least about this issue
-For those that do overuse the feature, it forces them to change their philosophy

(crickets chirping)
No one can tell me any bad thing about this being done. Someone will post a quick tutorial for those who aren't familiar.
AMEN TO THIS
oldschoola
Reactions:

Post by oldschoola »

The question that I have is why in the world would you change your favorite team if your not seeit?
LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

doc wrote:
BillRoy wrote:Powers that be in thie NDL-

(crickets chirping)
AMEN TO THIS
i agree...i was typing up something long winded but decided to just say. i think Season Showdown should be turned on.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

oldschoola wrote:

When your roommate picks his favorite team on your ps3....
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Uuaww wrote:
oldschoola wrote:

When your roommate picks his favorite team on your ps3....
You whip his ass for touching your PS3 when you arent there. You have to set ground rules down brother.
ImageImageImage
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

doc wrote:PDR

I do have to agree with steam on this. I wont dock anyone but play the run doesn't show up if you have it turned of. In that case it should be turned on. That is against the rule. So guys can use it and a guy can have it off and guess if he used it then I will dock or turn it on and prove your not using it. I played you enough to know you dont use it but it would help me score a person and rid doubt. I have stopped scrimming all together cause this game is no fun cause to many people over use all this crap on the game and complain way to much. We even have people advertising they turned on big run all game. Come on guys turn the shit off and play ball or use it in moderation for real.
I get your point...and as a coach I respect, I will choose Pitt as my favorite team. 8-)

Just everyone know this...when we play, I will be keeping a tally of every use I see of the features you will be docked .25 points each time I see it used. My preference is now, since having it on is the majority opinion..that I will use it for what it is worth: docking guys points on coaches reports. I would prefer to keep it off so I don't worry about that, but seeing that the majority want it on, I will turn mine on. However, I will now use it as a tool and if any one uses any of the lame-ass features against me, I can no longer conceive of giving out a 5 as a top score. If you want a 5 for your score against me, do not ever use one of these features. I realize this will ruin the "fun" factor for me, but if that is what this game has come to....so be it.

---THIS IS THE BAD THING THAT CAN COME OF IT---

I still say ban ALL the features...and if we are required to use season showdown...then we never have to worry about it again. THAT WOULD STOP ALL THE WHINING.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

pounddarock wrote:
doc wrote:PDR

I get your point...and as a coach I respect, I will choose Pitt as my favorite team. 8-)

Just everyone know this...when we play, I will be keeping a tally of every use I see of the features you will be docked .25 points each time I see it used. My preference is now, since having it on is the majority opinion..that I will use it for what it is worth: docking guys points on coaches reports. I would prefer to keep it off so I don't worry about that, but seeing that the majority want it on, I will turn mine on. However, I will now use it as a tool and if any one uses any of the lame-ass features against me, I can no longer conceive of giving out a 5 as a top score. If you want a 5 for your score against me, do not ever use one of these features. I realize this will ruin the "fun" factor for me, but if that is what this game has come to....so be it.

---THIS IS THE BAD THING THAT CAN COME OF IT---

I still say ban ALL the features...and if we are required to use season showdown...then we never have to worry about it again. THAT WOULD STOP ALL THE WHINING.
I think you might want to reconsider your view by just saying you will dock points just for using a "legal" feature as in pass key everytime. I only use two and that is conservative on running to protect the ball and pass key when I know an opponent has to pass which doesn't help me much. We should just have a vote 1) yes 2) no or 3) couldn't give a rats azz!
pounddarock
Reactions:

Post by pounddarock »

ChampDizzle wrote: I think you might want to reconsider your view by just saying you will dock points just for using a "legal" feature as in pass key everytime. I only use two and that is conservative on running to protect the ball and pass key when I know an opponent has to pass which doesn't help me much. We should just have a vote 1) yes 2) no or 3) couldn't give a rats azz!
I would clearly vote for 3)....that being said, I think I'm trying to make a point why turning it on isn't worth it, IMO. I like to just play the game and don't want to worry if a guy is doing whatever with the damn features. Champ, you and I have played plenty of time...did it make a difference to you that when we played season showdown wasn't active? I'm just saying that now it will force me to worry about an aspect of this game that I couldn't give a rats azz about!
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

pounddarock wrote:
ChampDizzle wrote: I think you might want to reconsider your view by just saying you will dock points just for using a "legal" feature as in pass key everytime. I only use two and that is conservative on running to protect the ball and pass key when I know an opponent has to pass which doesn't help me much. We should just have a vote 1) yes 2) no or 3) couldn't give a rats azz!
I would clearly vote for 3)....that being said, I think I'm trying to make a point why turning it on isn't worth it, IMO. I like to just play the game and don't want to worry if a guy is doing whatever with the damn features. Champ, you and I have played plenty of time...did it make a difference to you that when we played season showdown wasn't active? I'm just saying that now it will force me to worry about an aspect of this game that I couldn't give a rats azz about!
I understand what you are getting out cause its like saying what steam say will dock if they don't have it on. Just saying if people are playing by the rules and use MODERATION, they should not get docked points just for someone's personal feelings.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”