Daily Country Club Tournaments

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Daily Country Club Tournaments

Post by buckeye76 »

I did have a little tin cup moment today taking a 9 on a par 5. I swear I could hit that damn ball over the water... :lol:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

buckeye76 wrote:I did have a little tin cup moment today taking a 9 on a par 5. I swear I could hit that damn ball over the water... :lol:

Yeah so did I; I thought "w a 5 mph wind and my driver, I can make it"

So I hit it....I see it's going for the water, and I'm like "fuuuuuuuck" so I hit triangle to just get to my 4th shot

Next thing I know, the ball hits the water, skips off it like a rock, and lands on the first cut behind the green :D And because I'd rushed through, I didn't get to replay it :lol:

Damn you EA for not letting us save replays!!!!

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I had roughly 20 shots where I did not get an indicator of where the ball was going to land or where I was putting. There was at least 6 birdie attempts I had to settle for PAR because of it.

Anyone know when a patch is going to be coming for the game? I am sure this would get addressed. :roll:
ImageImageImage
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I've never had this happen to me George.
If I could putt I would've been at least -10. I missed 2 or 3 three footers for birdie. :oops:
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:I had roughly 20 shots where I did not get an indicator of where the ball was going to land or where I was putting. There was at least 6 birdie attempts I had to settle for PAR because of it.

Anyone know when a patch is going to be coming for the game? I am sure this would get addressed. :roll:
I'm sure you have already tried this, but it wouldn't hurt to go into the settings and see if something got messed up. I think you can toggle the arrow for carry to total distance, maybe there is something in there to turn it off completely.

Maybe just go into any settings you can find and reset them to default.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

What did you guys think of the night golf? I won't use that setting for any of the league play, thought it was interesting.
BsktbllJk
Reactions:

Post by BsktbllJk »

I liked..

Played my best round...

Keep it lol...jk
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Downing11 wrote:What did you guys think of the night golf? I won't use that setting for any of the league play, thought it was interesting.
I enjoyed it a lot. I think it was Tuesdays match where I could barely see the beads because it was so bright. At least that us the excuse I'll use for doing so crappy.
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I loved it; I agree, it was much easier to see and it was a fun change.

I'd suggest doing the events in morning or evening to make things a bit easier to see with regards to the greens.

buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Love the night deals. Also really like the tournament live tournies too. I'm not really good a shaping my shot and you have to swing at a certain angle. But some days, I play good others like today I was +7. I always shoot for even par. But the top scores are right at 11/12 so its reasonable.

I did freeze in the daily today at hole 10. I sent AU a message to wish him luck on his last few holes. I was trying to catch you Au. I passed Wifi right up, I think he was just sitting in the fairway of 4 and start playing until I reached hole 10. Baker is that you.... :lol:

Downing.... -16 is awesome man. Everything has to go just right in a round like that. I was -11 in that last round of Augusta. I made 3 long long putts it really was just my day on that round.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

UGh....that tourney had my number.

4 putts lipped out; another 7 or 8 either ended up within 8 inches of the hole, or rolled just baaaaaaaaaaarely past it.

Wind kept making me have putts from 12-18 feet away and to putt that close.....ah well. Next time.

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Downing11 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:I had roughly 20 shots where I did not get an indicator of where the ball was going to land or where I was putting. There was at least 6 birdie attempts I had to settle for PAR because of it.

I'm sure you have already tried this, but it wouldn't hurt to go into the settings and see if something got messed up. I think you can toggle the arrow for carry to total distance, maybe there is something in there to turn it off completely.

Maybe just go into any settings you can find and reset them to default.

Yea I tried all of this. I am hoping on the first patch they will fix this issue. On a good note, I did make a 15-18 footer last night with a right to left break without the little arrow. I just took a guess and it ended up being right.

If you guys want to know how I feel, when you first get to a green and are ready to make your adjutments....close your eyes when you do. That is the best way to describe with what I have to go thru.
ImageImageImage
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

buckeye76 wrote:Love the night deals. Also really like the tournament live tournies too. I'm not really good a shaping my shot and you have to swing at a certain angle. But some days, I play good others like today I was +7. I always shoot for even par. But the top scores are right at 11/12 so its reasonable.

I did freeze in the daily today at hole 10. I sent AU a message to wish him luck on his last few holes. I was trying to catch you Au. I passed Wifi right up, I think he was just sitting in the fairway of 4 and start playing until I reached hole 10. Baker is that you.... :lol:

Downing.... -16 is awesome man. Everything has to go just right in a round like that. I was -11 in that last round of Augusta. I made 3 long long putts it really was just my day on that round.
Yeah, that -16 was the perfect storm. I chipped in once and had 3 eagles, so everything did go just right.

-11 with Sunday pins at Augusta is awesome. I think I was 4 under but that came with a quadruple bogey on #12. I put it in the drink twice, lol. I love that hole and always go pin hunting which isn't the best thing to usually. I love that course so much and I feel like I know exactly where you have the hit the ball to keep it on the right level. With tournament greens anything slightly long or short are probably not ending up on the green.
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

buckeye76 wrote: I passed Wifi right up, I think he was just sitting in the fairway of 4 and start playing until I reached hole 10. Baker is that you.... :lol:

Nope wasn't me! :lol: Wifi is my "internet golf friend" lol...we did actually meet once, he drove over to Muncie a few years ago and played a round with me and a couple of my friends...pretty good dude. We now basically just play Tiger together when each other is on...He lives in Oxford, OH...

Yeah, Downing that was a great round. And Buckeye, yeah...I was gunning for your -11 last night. I needed -8 on my last round at Augusta to catch you...couldn't get 'er done! :(
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Damn Baker small world. Yeah he was cool last yr on the mic.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Oh my god.....I think I should retire right now, just drop the club like Chris Rock and walk off :lol:

The par 5 11th.....first drive is blasted, I've got about 250 yds to go. I'm just hoping to get it on the green in two, so I go 3W, overswing, hit it perfect speed.

Lands on the fly in the front of the green, takes a big hop, lands about 5 feet in front of the cup, and rolls right in for a double eagle.

I've watched the replay about 40 times and I'm still not sure I actually hit that shot. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Some nice scores from the last daily. People are starting to get the hang of this and building their guy up.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Dang. You are going to make us buy all the courses aren't you? Do I need to go ahead and get the TPC pack also?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

OracleHCR wrote:Dang. You are going to make us buy all the courses aren't you? Do I need to go ahead and get the TPC pack also?
Did I pick a course that wasn't on the standard disk? I didn't think I did, but might have made a mistake. That wasn't my intention and will stick to the standard courses.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Royal Melbourne is an add on. No biggie. I was going to get them all anyways.
*edit- actually it is in the Masters Historic Edition so it is only an add-on for the standard game.

Return to “Golf”