Daily Country Club Tournaments

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
autiger730
Reactions:

Re: Daily Country Club Tournaments

Post by autiger730 »

jsence2 wrote:
autiger730 wrote:I really hate the greens at Augusta.

Yup, I should've played a round there to get used to them, I'd never played there before. Went seven over the first day, was even par the rest of the tournament.
Practice doesn't seem to help me much there. I've played it numerous times on the past versions, still a nightmare for me.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Downing11 wrote:I have all of the dailies out there for the rest of the week. I tossed in a little surprise for either tomorrow or Thursday, I forget which one. Note that there will not be a daily tournament opened at Sunday at 2 PM. We can only have 1 daily opened at a time and the first league tourney will start Sunday at midnight.
Are the rest this week going to be using the league settings? Might take a little getting used to on the putting going down in swing difficulty. I know I played a few on easier settings before on the last game and I kept leaving putts short.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

autiger730 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
autiger730 wrote:I really hate the greens at Augusta.

Yup, I should've played a round there to get used to them, I'd never played there before. Went seven over the first day, was even par the rest of the tournament.
Practice doesn't seem to help me much there. I've played it numerous times on the past versions, still a nightmare for me.
Yeah, it's tough to get the ball close at Augusta. There are so many shelfs and run offs that you have to be precise or at least miss in the right spot. Taking advantage of the par 5's is a must because the par 3's are not really birdie holes. I think they updated the fairways in this version because there doesn't seem to be any flat lies which also makes the approaches harder.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

autiger730 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:I have all of the dailies out there for the rest of the week. I tossed in a little surprise for either tomorrow or Thursday, I forget which one. Note that there will not be a daily tournament opened at Sunday at 2 PM. We can only have 1 daily opened at a time and the first league tourney will start Sunday at midnight.
Are the rest this week going to be using the league settings? Might take a little getting used to on the putting going down in swing difficulty. I know I played a few on easier settings before on the last game and I kept leaving putts short.
Yes, the rest of the dailies are the league settings. However, the swing difficulty I don't think has anything to do with putting distance. That would be the speed of the greens. The Augusta weekly was tournament speed which is the fastest. I try to mix up the green speeds so just make sure you check it each day before playing.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Downing11 wrote:
autiger730 wrote:
Yes, the rest of the dailies are the league settings. However, the swing difficulty I don't think has anything to do with putting distance. That would be the speed of the greens. The Augusta weekly was tournament speed which is the fastest. I try to mix up the green speeds so just make sure you check it each day before playing.
It seemed to slow down the swing meter significantly, and made overswing and speed more forgiving. I like to hit it hard and fast on putts, just made it more difficult for me personally because I had to change my swing up a little on putts.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I keep improving but then I see the scores and think it was just an easy course :oops:

My highest attribute though is 45 in putting though so still growing.

You know weasel has graduated And doesn't have shit to do when he is hitting -8 :lol:
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I'm at 90 driving/putting/spin/accuracy.

I'm screwed once you guys catch up :lol:

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Downing, since you said you can't win the daily tournaments, and Buckeye and myself finished tied for second at -8, which of us wins? And what/where does that $1000 prize thing actually go? Does that go into EA coins?

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote: You know weasel has graduated And doesn't have shit to do when he is hitting -8 :lol:
So true :lol:

That round was a perfect storm for me, the strong wind bailed me out of bad strokes probably 6-7 times. I used that as a warm up before my Augusta round, and ended up shooting +10, where there was water on a hole I found it.

Also, I was playing my third round at Augusta when I lost connection with the EA servers (was still connected to the PSN though). I shot E and took a pic of it with my phone, but after that second round I dont think it makes much of a difference
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

jsence2 wrote:Downing, since you said you can't win the daily tournaments, and Buckeye and myself finished tied for second at -8, which of us wins? And what/where does that $1000 prize thing actually go? Does that go into EA coins?
I can win the daily and weekly tournaments. What I think you are referring to is the Pinehurst DLC code I got for preordering this at Gamestop. I offered that up to the best finish in this first weekly tournament (this week's Augusta). I'll give the code to the best finish amongst people who don't already have that course.

As far as the coins go, I think those are distributed by finish in each tournament. I'm not sure on that though.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

So I'm a little confused. :oops:

I saw dailies still being posted and now there is a weekly tournament not related to the league?

The league starts when and with which tourney?

I head out of town tomorrow night and don't want to miss the first tourney.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:So I'm a little confused. :oops:

I saw dailies still being posted and now there is a weekly tournament not related to the league?

The league starts when and with which tourney?

I head out of town tomorrow night and don't want to miss the first tourney.
Every Sunday at midnight weekly tournament opens up. Right now its Augusta
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Downing11 wrote: As far as the coins go, I think those are distributed by finish in each tournament. I'm not sure on that though.
What are coins used for?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Weasel wrote:
Downing11 wrote: As far as the coins go, I think those are distributed by finish in each tournament. I'm not sure on that though.
What are coins used for?
2 uses for them. You can use them to buy an upgrade to the next level for your golfer or you can use them to buy pin packs. Levelling up your golfer is self explanatory, but the pin packs gives you boost pins which we won't use in league play and they also give you pins for every hole in the game. You get more XP when you play a hole that you have a pin for. Once you get all the pins for one course, I think you get even more XP when you play that course.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

See, I didn't even know we were currently in our first tournament for the league. :lol:
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Weasel wrote: Also, I was playing my third round at Augusta when I lost connection with the EA servers (was still connected to the PSN though). I shot E and took a pic of it with my phone, but after that second round I dont think it makes much of a difference
After looking at some of the other scores, now Im not so sure I didt have a shot :D
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Cnasty wrote:See, I didn't even know we were currently in our first tournament for the league. :lol:
We aren't, they start this Sunday at midnight.

At midnight on Sunday, 2 tournaments will open. 1 weekly (Pebble) which is 4 rounds and you have until Sunday the 14th to finish, and one "daily" (Torrey Pines) which will be opened for 2 days to get in one round. At midnight on Tuesday round 2 of the "daily" will be opened for another 2 days. The 2 dailies combined will be one tournament and the weekly one will be the second one for the week.

Make sense?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I think I got confused with the terms daily and weekly

Weekly is league related
Dailies are "for fun"

Corrected?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Cnasty wrote:I think I got confused with the terms daily and weekly

Weekly is league related
Dailies are "for fun"

Corrected?
Almost. Weekly will always be league related starting with the next weekly. Dailies from Monday through Thursday will be league related. Friday Saturday and Sunday dailies will be for fun.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

you guys are confusing the fuck out of me.

i'm just grabbing a six pack my driver, 7 and a putter and getting shitty... just like i do in real life

Return to “Golf”